"Wyoming may be one of the least populated states in the U.S, but that doesn't mean that it lacks spectacular places to visit and see. Home to some of the country's most breathtaking national parks, Wyoming is best known for its red-walled gorges, hot springs, historic prairie towns, pioneer history, and historical attractions.
Wyoming designated the American bison as the official state mammal in 1985, and to this day you can still find large herds of them grazing across the prairies and protected land which is designated for the conservation of wild bison since their decline across the U.S."
Wyoming is a state of the United States, which is featured in American Truck Simulator as a map expansion DLC and in the 18 Wheels of Steel series. It was released on September 7, 2021. It is the eighth map of DLC involving map expansions, but the seventh paid one.
- 1 DLC Features
- 2 Release History
- 3 Geography
- 4 Climate
- 5 Cities
- 6 New Companies
- 7 Roads
- 8 Triceratops Plush
- 9 Achievements
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Trivia
- 12 References
- 13 See also
- Deliver to and from 10 cities and discover 14 settlements (Jump to section)
- Discover and deliver to Wyoming's important industries like coal & soda ash, farms & agriculture, railyards, and more! (Jump to section)
- Haul livestock cargo to our new cattle auction houses
- Drive on the Highway to Heaven
- Haul cargo on the I-80, the second-longest Interstate highway in the United States
- See wildlife unique to Wyoming including Bison
- Visit landmarks like Devils Tower National Monument and part of the Yellowstone National Park and get bird's-eye views with many new viewpoints (See Landmarks and Viewpoint pages)
- Admire accurate representations of cities like Cheyenne, Casper, Jackson, Sheridan, and more! (Jump to section)
- Visit and take a rest at famous Wyoming rest stops & gas stations (Jump to section)
- Unlock Wyoming-specific Steam Achievements (Jump to section)
- 7 November 2019: Utah DLC was released and features an inaccessible section of US 191 that extends north of Vernal towards the Wyoming border in an extremely rough and unfinished state.
- 16 July 2020: Pavel hints Wyoming as "a small one of two states in the works" in the Idaho release stream.
- 24 November 2020: A mysterious teaser video is posted on SCS's YouTube channel and in their blog showing a lot of bison on a side road.
- 9 December 2020: First official blog post confirmed Wyoming will be the next state after Colorado with a few new screenshots and the new light system , alongside the Steam store page being released.
- 16 January 2021: Blog post about landmarks and areas.
- 4 February 2021: 1.40 Open Beta added some new roads that lead towards Wyoming.
- 19 February 2021: Blog post about industries.
- 19 March 2021: Blog post about truck stops.
- 31 March 2021: Blog post about Jackson.
- 14 April 2021: Blog post about railroads.
- 28 April 2021: Blog post about mines.
- 14 May 2021: First blog post about nature.
- 21 May 2021: 1.41 Experimental Beta added more detail with the new roads that lead towards Wyoming.
- 25 May 2021: Second blog post about nature.
- 2 June 2021: First blog post about road network.
- 8 June 2021: Blog post about Devils Tower.
- 19 June 2021: Blog post about water bodies.
- 24 June 2021: Second blog post about road network.
- 29 June 2021: First blog post about gameplay video.
- 6 July 2021: Blog post about cities along I-80.
- 16 July 2021: Wyoming DLC Map Lead Davido, confirms on SCS forum that the addition of Yellowstone National Park will be featured in the DLC.
- 20 July 2021: Steam achievements for Wyoming are added to SteamDB.
- 22 July 2021: Blog post about weigh stations.
- 27 July 2021: Blog post about farms and agriculture.
- 3 August 2021: Blog post about welcome areas and rest stations.
- 11 August 2021: Second blog post about gameplay video and official map of Wyoming revealed.
- 16 August 2021: SCS announced on their social media sites that on 17 August 2021, will have a first exclusive Wyoming gameplay livestream.
- 17 August 2021: SCS makes a first exclusive Wyoming gameplay livestream.
- 18 August 2021: Blog post about Cheyenne, the capital and largest city of Wyoming.
- 26 August 2021: SCS announced the release date of the expansion.
- 30 August 2021: SCS announced on their social media sites that on 31 August 2021, along with the first preview of the new Thrustmaster T248 steering wheel, will also have the second exclusive Wyoming gameplay livestream.
- 31 August 2021: SCS makes a second exclusive Wyoming gameplay livestream.
- 2 September 2021: SCS makes a stream for welcoming the new International LT and explore more of Wyoming.
- 3 September 2021: Blog post about Yellowstone National Park and Wyoming's new routes for the Special Transport DLC.
- 7 September 2021: Wyoming DLC is released.
Since the release of the DLC, new major content has been added to it for free in game updates (not including road connections to new neighbouring states).
- 16 December 2021: In the SCS Christmas Stream, the team reveals a new area around Yellowstone National Park.
Wyoming is located in the Western region of the United States. It is bordered by Montana to the north, South Dakota and Nebraska to the east, Colorado to the south, Utah to the southwest, and Idaho to the west. Essentially, Wyoming is one big plateau broken by many towering mountain ranges. Wyoming is a state where the Great Plains meet the Rocky Mountains.
Geographically, the state can be divided into three regions: the Great Plains, the Rocky Mountains, and the Intermontane Basins.
The Great Plains spill into the eastern part of the state, and stretch from Canada through the United States to Mexico. The topography of this area is characterized by short-grass prairie with cottonwoods and shrubs. This area is home to the marvelous Devils Tower National Monument.
The Rocky Mountains cover most of the state, where it has many important ranges, such as the Big Horns, the Laramies, the Tetons, the Absarokas, and the Wind Rivers, which feature Gannett Peak, the highest point in the state. The Rockies of Wyoming are home to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, the latter of which being well known for its volcanic activity.
The flat areas between Wyoming mountain ranges are part of the Intermontane Basins. These regions are characterized by short grasses and lower bush. The Bighorn, Powder River, Wind River, and Washakie Basins are some of the major basins in this region.
The Great Divide Basin runs along the Great Continental Divide in the south-central part of the state, between Rock Springs and Rawlins. The little rain that falls in this area quickly soaks into the ground. The Red Desert covers a part of the Great Divide Basin and an area to the south, where plant life, mainly sagebrush, is very thinly dispersed.
The climate of Wyoming is determined by its latitude, altitude, and local topography. It is windier and drier in comparison to other regions in the country, and is generally semi-arid and continental. Rainfall depends largely on elevation and proximity to mountain ranges, with the low intermontane basins getting little rain (due to being in the rain shadows of various mountain ranges) and the high plateaus and alpine regions receiving more precipitation. Thunderstorm activity in the state is highest during spring and early summer, while the southeastern region of the state is vulnerable to tornado activity, mainly in June (an average of 12 tornadoes occur in Wyoming annually). Wyoming is also known to receive snow through-out most of the year; in 2020, lower elevations received snow as early as September 1st, while some higher elevation received snow in mid-July.
There are 10 cities in the Wyoming Map Expansion.
Cities which are also in the 18 Wheels of Steel games are marked with " * ".
Note: Cheyenne is in italic lettering since it is the state capital of the state of Wyoming.
Suburbs on this wiki are defined as separate cities in real life that are shown as part of larger cities in-game.
|Brookhurst (Casper)||Fox Farm-College (Cheyenne)||Mills (Casper)|
|Sinclair (Rawlins)||South Greeley (Cheyenne)|
Scenery towns on this wiki are defined as cities or communities that are unmarked on the map.
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Companies
There are four Interstate Highways in Wyoming:
|Interstate 25||Interstate 80||Interstate 90||Interstate 180|
Colorado - Buffalo (I-90/US 87)
Utah - Cheyenne (I-180/US 85)
US 14/US 87 - Moorcroft (US 14/US 16)
There are 12 US Highways in Wyoming:
|US 14||US 16||US 18||US 20|
Greybull (US 16/US 20/WYO 789) - Sheridan; Gillette (US 16/WYO 59) - Devils Tower
Greybull; Gillette (US 14/WYO 59) - Moorcroft (US 14)
Yellowstone National Park; Greybull (US 14/US 16/WYO 789) - Orin (US 18)
|US 26||US 30||US 85||US 87|
Idaho - Dwyer Junction
WYO 89 - Sinclair (I-80/US 287); Medicine Bow (US 287/WYO 487) - Cheyenne (I-180/US 85)
Colorado - I-90/US 14
|US 89||US 189||US 191||US 287|
Idaho - Yellowstone National Park (US 20/US 191/US 287)
Utah - Evanston (I-80); Daniel Junction (US 191) - Jackson (US 26/US 89/US 191)
Utah - Yellowstone National Park (US 20/US 89/US 287)
Laramie (US 30) - Medicine Bow (US 30/WYO 487); Sinclair (I-80/US 30) - Yellowstone National Park (US 20/US 89/US 191)
There are 22 Wyoming State Highways:
There are seven inaccessible Wyoming State Highways:
For early adopters of the DLC, having a profile connected to their World of Trucks account and making any delivery using the External Contracts or External Market from Gillette will earn them a Triceratops Plush.
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Achievements
|The Equality State||Discover every city in Wyoming|
|Over Plains and Mountains||View cutscenes from all viewpoints in Wyoming DLC|
|Population 1||Discover and visit the town of Buford|
|Big Boy||Deliver Train Parts, Tamping Machine and Rails to or from the rail yard in Cheyenne|
|Buffalo Bill||Complete 10 perfect cattle deliveries (no damage, no fines, in-time) to livestock auctions in Wyoming|
Screenshots of the new areas of the Wyoming DLC
Screenshots of truck stops in Wyoming
Screenshots of coal / soda ash mining in Wyoming
Screenshots of weigh stations in Wyoming
Screenshots of welcome areas and rest stations in Wyoming
- In this DLC, there are signs on which the distances to the next cities are shown. This is the first official map DLC to have such features.
- Official American Truck Simulator website, accessed 2022-04-23
- ATS: Idaho Release Stream - Recording, 2020-07-16 (accessed 2020-07-16)
- SCS Software, Is anyone missing a herd of bison?, 2020-11-24 (accessed 2020-11-24)
- SCS Software, Introducing Wyoming, 2020-12-09 (accessed 2020-12-09)
- American Truck Simulator: Wyoming in Steam Store, 2020-12-09 (accessed 2020-12-09)
- SCS Software, Wyoming: Guess the place!, 2021-01-16 (accessed 2021-01-16)
- SCS Software, Wyoming: Industries, 2021-02-19 (accessed 2021-02-19)
- SCS Software, Wyoming: Truck Stops, 2021-03-19 (accessed 2021-03-19)
- SCS Software, Wyoming: Jackson, 2021-03-31 (accessed 2021-03-31)
- SCS Software, Wyoming: Railroads, 2021-04-14 (accessed 2021-04-14)
- SCS Software, Wyoming: Mines, 2021-04-28 (accessed 2021-04-28)
- SCS Software, Wyoming: Nature, 2021-05-14 (accessed 2021-05-14)
- SCS Software, Wyoming: Nature #2, 2021-05-25 (accessed 2021-05-25)
- SCS Software, Wyoming - Road Network, 2021-06-02 (accessed 2021-06-02)
- SCS Software, Wyoming - Devils Tower, 2021-06-08 (accessed 2021-06-08)
- SCS Software, Wyoming - Water Bodies, 2021-06-19 (accessed 2021-06-19)
- SCS Software, Wyoming - Road Network #2, 2021-06-24 (accessed 2021-06-24)
- SCS Software, Wyoming - Gameplay Video #1, 2021-06-29 (accessed 2021-06-29)
- SCS Software, Wyoming - Cities along I-80, 2021-07-06 (accessed 2021-07-06)
- SCS Software, SCS Forum, 2021-07-16 (accessed 2021-07-16)
- American Truck Simulator stats on SteamDB
- SCS Software, Wyoming - Weigh Stations, 2021-07-22 (accessed 2021-07-22)
- SCS Software, Wyoming - Farms & Agriculture, 2021-07-27 (accessed 2021-07-27)
- SCS Software, Wyoming - Welcome Areas and Rest Stations, 2021-08-03 (accessed 2021-08-03)
- SCS Software, Wyoming - Gameplay Video #2, 2021-08-11 (accessed 2021-08-11)
- SCS Software on Twitter, 2021-08-16 (accessed 2021-08-16)
- WYOMING DLC First Look Live-Stream with Alex & Nemiro 🚛🚛💨, 2021-08-17 (accessed 2021-08-17)
- SCS Software, Wyoming: Cheyenne - Magic City of the Plains, 2021-08-18 (accessed 2021-08-18)
- SCS Software, Wyoming Release Announcement, 2021-08-26 (accessed 2021-08-26)
- SCS Software on Twitter, 2021-08-30 (accessed 2021-08-30)
- Thrustmaster® T248 & Wyoming Gameplay #2 Live Stream, 2021-08-31 (accessed 2021-08-31)
- Trucking in Wyoming with the new International LT® 🚛🚛🚛, 2021-09-01 (accessed 2021-09-01)
- SCS Software, Big in Wyoming + Yellowstone, 2021-09-03 (accessed 2021-09-03)
- SCS Software, Wyoming Release, 2021-09-07 (accessed 2021-09-07)
- SCS Software, The SCS Software Christmas Stream Special 🎅, 2021-12-16 (accessed 2021-12-16)
|The States of American Truck Simulator|
|Arizona - California - Colorado - Idaho - Montana - Nevada - New Mexico - Oregon - Texas - Utah - Washington - Wyoming|
|DLCs for American Truck Simulator|
|Map Expansions||Arizona - New Mexico - Oregon - Washington - Utah - Idaho - Colorado - Wyoming - Texas (upcoming) - Montana (upcoming)|
|Trailer / Cargo Packs||Heavy Cargo Pack - Special Transport DLC - Forest Machinery - Volvo Construction Equipment DLC|
|Tuning Packs||Wheel Tuning Pack - Steering Creations Pack - Dragon Truck Design Pack - Cabin Accessories - Goodyear Tires Pack|
|Paint Job Packs||Christmas - Classic Stripes - Halloween - Pink Ribbon Charity - Retrowave - Space - Steampunk - Valentines|