Western Star Trucks is a future truck manufacturer in American Truck Simulator. In 1967, White Motor Company started the Western Star division as White Western Star with a new plant at Kelowna, British Columbia, sharing headquarters with White in Cleveland, Ohio. White Western Star trucks in that era typically used cabs from its sister company, Autocar. Western Star production was moved to Ogden, Utah, but it was not included in the 1980 sale of White to Volvo, instead being sold to Bow Valley Resources and Nova Corporation, each owning 50%. In 1991, Western Star Trucks was purchased by the owners of the Western Star Australian subsidiary, Terry Peabody and Bob Shand. In 1996, ERF was purchased. It was sold in 2000 to MAN. In 2000, Western Star was purchased by DaimlerChrysler, becoming part of the Freightliner Trucks division. In 2002, Western Star production was moved to a plant in Portland, Oregon.
It was firstly featured in the 18 Wheels of Steel series under the fake name Whiplash.
Release History Edit
- 4 March 2020: A SCS representative visits Daimler Trucks North America in Portland, Oregon. A company that owns the Freightliner Trucks and Western Star Trucks.
- 19 June 2020: The 1.38 Open Beta added the Western Star dealership prefab in the game files.
- 16 July 2020: With the Idaho DLC released, Lewiston is one of the cities that also has an Western Star dealership, but without the Western Star logo.
- 10 September 2020: SCS Software officially announced that the NEXT Western Star truck will arrive very shortly after its real-life release.
|Model name||18 Wheels of Steel name||Image|
|Western Star 4864||Whiplash 4900|
|Western Star 6900 TS||Whiplash 6900|
|Western Star 6900 XD||Whiplash 9004|
Available engines Edit
Available Preconfigured Models Edit
Truck Dealers Edit
There are 3 Western Star truck dealers in ATS.
- ↑ SCS Software on Twitter, 2020-03-04 (accessed 2020-03-04)
- ↑ SCS Software, SCS Forum, 2020-06-19 (accessed 2020-06-19)
- ↑ SCS Software, The NEXT Western Star® is Coming to American Truck Simulator, 2020-09-10 (accessed 2020-09-10)
See also Edit
| Euro Truck Simulator|
|Majestic Actros - Runner Magnum - Swift R - Valiant FH16|
| Euro Truck Simulator 2|
|DAF: XF 105, XF Euro 6 - Iveco: Stralis, Stralis Hi-Way - MAN: TGX, TGX Euro 6 - Mercedes-Benz: Actros, New Actros - Renault: Magnum, Premium, T - Scania: R, R 2009, S, Streamline - Volvo: FH16 2009, FH16 2012|
| American Truck Simulator|
|International Trucks: LoneStar - Kenworth: T680, W900 - Mack Trucks: Anthem - Peterbilt: 389, 579 - Volvo: VNL|