Western Star Trucks is an American truck manufacturer featured in American Truck Simulator. In 1967, White Motor Company started the Western Star division as White Western Star with a new plant at Kelowna, British Columbia, sharing headquarters with White in Cleveland, Ohio. White Western Star trucks in that era typically used cabs from its sister company, Autocar. Western Star production was moved to Ogden, Utah, but it was not included in the 1980 sale of White to Volvo, instead being sold to Bow Valley Resources and Nova Corporation, each owning 50%. In 1991, Western Star Trucks was purchased by the owners of the Western Star Australian subsidiary, Terry Peabody and Bob Shand. In 1996, ERF was purchased. It was sold in 2000 to MAN. In 2000, Western Star was purchased by DaimlerChrysler, becoming part of the Freightliner Trucks division. In 2002, Western Star production was moved to a plant in Portland, Oregon.
It was firstly featured in the 18 Wheels of Steel series under the fake name Whiplash.
- 4 March 2020: A SCS representative visits Daimler Trucks North America in Portland, Oregon. A company that owns the Freightliner Trucks and Western Star Trucks.
- 19 June 2020: The 1.38 Open Beta added the Western Star dealership prefab in the game files.
- 16 July 2020: With the Idaho DLC released, Lewiston is one of the cities that also has an Western Star dealership, but without the Western Star logo.
- 10 September 2020: SCS Software officially announced that the NEXT Western Star truck will arrive very shortly after its real-life release.
- 29 September 2020:
- 30 September 2020:
- 21 December 2020: During the SCS Christmas Stream, the Sleeper cabins of the 49X were shown and it was confirmed that they will come out in early 2021.
- 2 February 2021: During the 5th Anniversary Stream of American Truck Simulator, is briefly shown the Western Star 49X Sleeper cabin.
- 3 February 2021: SCS announced on their social medias that on 4 February 2021, will have a Special Western Star 49X Stream.
- 4 February 2021:
- 5 February 2021: Blog post about Western Star® 49X Update.
- 23 March 2021: 1.40 update is released.
American Truck Simulator only includes one Western Star model, while there are three models in American Long Haul, Convoy and Haulin', two models in Extreme Trucker 2 and only one model in Across America and Pedal to the Metal.
American Truck Simulator
|Western Star 49X|
18 Wheels of Steel
|Western Star 4864||Whiplash 4900|
|Western Star 6900 TS||Whiplash 6900|
|Western Star 6900 XD||Whiplash 9004|
Available Preconfigured Models
There are 5 different preconfigured models at Western Star truck dealers in ATS, but all of them are customizable.
|Name||Image||Series||Chassis||Cabin||Engine Power||Engine Torque||Gearbox||Fuel||Paint||List Price||Required Level|
|Western Star 49X Day Cab||49X||6x2 SFA||Day Cab||370 hp (276kW)||1,250 lb-ft (1695 Nm) / 975 rpm||Eaton UltraShift FM-15E310B-LAS||150 gal||Black||$118,835.-||0|
|Western Star 49X Day Cab||49X||6x4 SBA||Day Cab||455 hp (339kW)||1,550 lb-ft (2102 Nm) / 975 rpm||Detroit DT12-DV||200 gal||Red||$148,360.-||0|
|Western Star 49X 48" Sleeper||49X||6x2 SFA||48" Sleeper||500 hp (373kW)||1,850 lb-ft (2508 Nm) / 1,000 rpm||Eaton UltraShift FO-20E313A-MHP||200 gal||White||$153,690.-|
|Western Star 49X 48" Sleeper||49X||6x4 SBA||48" Sleeper||560 hp (418kW)||1,850 lb-ft (2508 Nm) / 975 rpm||Detroit DT12-OV||250 gal||Green||$174,050.-|
|Western Star 49X 72" Sleeper||49X||6X4 SFA||72" Sleeper||600 hp (447kW)||2,050 lb-ft (2779 Nm) / 975 rpm||Detroit DT12-OV||300 gal||Red||$191,960.-|
There are 4 Western Star truck dealers in ATS.
- Until the 1.38 update, Oxnard had a Western Star dealership, but it was removed and replaced with a Freightliner Trucks dealership in the 1.39 update.
- In Real-Life, Western Star has also released a new variant for the X-Series, called the 47X. The 47X has a shorter engine hood compared to the 49X.
- SCS Software on Twitter, 2020-03-04 (accessed 2020-03-04)
- SCS Software, SCS Forum, 2020-06-19 (accessed 2020-06-19)
- SCS Software, The NEXT Western Star® is Coming to American Truck Simulator, 2020-09-10 (accessed 2020-09-10)
- SCS Software on Twitter, 2020-09-29 (accessed 2020-09-29)
- The Next Western Star REVEAL, 2020-09-29 (accessed 2020-09-29)
- SCS Software on Twitter, 2020-09-30 (accessed 2020-09-30)
- SCS Software, The Western Star® 49X is now available!, 2020-09-30 (accessed 2020-09-30)
- Christmas 2020 Special Stream Recordings, 2020-12-21 (accessed 2020-12-21)
- American Truck Simulator 5th Anniversary Stream, 2021-02-02 (accessed 2021-02-02)
- SCS Software on Twitter, 2021-02-03 (accessed 2021-02-03)
- Western Star 49X Update Stream, 2021-02-04 (accessed 2021-02-04)
- SCS Software, American Truck Simulator 1.40 Open Beta, 2021-02-04 (accessed 2021-02-04)
- SCS Software, American Truck Simulator: 1.40 Western Star® 49X Update, 2021-02-05 (accessed 2021-02-05)
- SCS Software, American Truck Simulator: 1.40 Release, 2021-03-23 (accessed 2021-03-23)
|Euro Truck Simulator
|Majestic Actros - Runner Magnum - Swift R - Valiant FH16|
|Euro Truck Simulator 2
|DAF: XF 105, XF Euro 6, 2021 - Iveco: Stralis, Stralis Hi-Way - MAN: TGX, TGX Euro 6 - Mercedes-Benz: Actros, New Actros - Renault: Magnum, Premium, T - Scania: R 2009, Streamline, R, S - Volvo: FH16 2009, FH16 2012|
Upcoming: MAN: New TGX
|American Truck Simulator
|Freightliner Trucks: Cascadia - International Trucks: LoneStar, LT, 9900i - Kenworth: T680, W900 - Mack Trucks: Anthem - Peterbilt: 389, 579 - Volvo: VNL - Western Star Trucks: 49X|