"The most tested, durable, and toughest Western Star® truck to-date, the 49X is built to thrive in rugged environments and to take on anything."
It is the first truck in the history of American Truck Simulator to be added to the game within a day after its real-life release. It was added to the game on September 30, 2020, along with the 1.38 update.
- 10 September 2020: SCS Software officially announced that the NEXT Western Star truck will arrive very shortly after its real-life release.
- 29 September 2020:
- 30 September 2020:
- 21 December 2020: During the SCS Christmas Stream, the Sleeper cabins of the 49X were shown and it was confirmed that they will come out in early 2021.
- 2 February 2021: During the 5th Anniversary Stream of American Truck Simulator, is briefly shown the 49X Sleeper cabin.
- 3 February 2021: SCS announced on their social medias that on 4 February 2021, will have a Special Western Star 49X Stream.
- 4 February 2021:
- 5 February 2021: Blog post about Western Star® 49X Update.
- 23 March 2021: 1.40 update is released.
Note: The Day Cab is only available for the short chassis, the 48" Sleeper is only available for the medium chassis, and the 72" Sleeper is only available for the long chassis. Both are available in the SBA (Set-Backward Axle) version and the SFA (Set-Forward Axle) version.
Note: The short chassis are only available for the Day Cab cabin, the medium chassis are only available for the 48" Sleeper cabin and the long chassis are only available for the 72" Sleeper cabin. Both are available in the SBA (Set-Backward Axle) version and the SFA (Set-Forward Axle) version.
|Short 6x2 SBA 150gal||$19,100||0|
|Short 6x2 SFA 150gal||$19,100||0|
|Short 6x4 SBA 150gal||$21,300||3|
|Short 6x4 SFA 150gal||$21,300||3|
|Short 6x2 SBA 200gal||$21,350||5|
|Short 6x2 SFA 200gal||$21,350||5|
|Short 6x4 SBA 200gal||$23,550||7|
|Short 6x4 SFA 200gal||$23,550||7|
|Medium 6x2 SBA 200gal||$23,600||10|
|Medium 6x2 SFA 200gal||$23,600||10|
|Medium 6x4 SBA 200gal||$26,200||13|
|Medium 6x4 SFA 200gal||$26,200||13|
|Medium 6x2 SBA 250gal||$26,550||15|
|Medium 6x2 SFA 250gal||$26,550||15|
|Medium 6x4 SBA 250gal||$27,750||17|
|Medium 6x4 SFA 250gal||$27,750||17|
|Long 6x2 SBA 250gal||$28,950||20|
|Long 6x2 SFA 250gal||$28,950||20|
|Long 6x4 SBA 250gal||$30,200||21|
|Long 6x4 SFA 250gal||$30,200||21|
|Long 6x2 SBA 300gal||$30,550||22|
|Long 6x2 SFA 300gal||$30.550||22|
|Long 6x4 SBA 300gal||$34,200||23|
|Long 6x4 SFA 300gal||$34,200||23|
|Short 8x4 SBA Midlift 150gal||$34,800||24|
|Short 8x4 SFA Midlift 150gal||$34,800||24|
|Short 8x6 SBA 200gal||$35,100||24|
|Short 8x6 SFA 200gal||$35,100||24|
|Medium 8x4 SBA Midlift 200gal||$35,400||25|
|Medium 8x4 SFA Midlift 200gal||$35,400||25|
|Medium 8x6 SBA 250gal||$35,700||25|
|Medium 8x6 SFA 250gal||$35,700||25|
|Long 8x4 SBA Midlift 250gal||$36,000||26|
|Long 8x4 SFA Midlift 250gal||$36,000||26|
|Long 8x6 SBA 300gal||$36,300||26|
|Long 8x6 SFA 300gal||$36,300||26|
- SCS Software, The Western Star® 49X is now available!, 2020-09-30 (accessed 2020-09-30)
- SCS Software, The NEXT Western Star® is Coming to American Truck Simulator, 2020-09-10 (accessed 2020-09-10)
- SCS Software on Twitter, 2020-09-29 (accessed 2020-09-29)
- The Next Western Star REVEAL, 2020-09-29 (accessed 2020-09-29)
- SCS Software on Twitter, 2020-09-30 (accessed 2020-09-30)
- Christmas 2020 Special Stream Recordings, 2020-12-21 (accessed 2020-12-21)
- American Truck Simulator 5th Anniversary Stream, 2021-02-02 (accessed 2021-02-02)
- SCS Software on Twitter, 2021-02-03 (accessed 2021-02-03)
- Western Star 49X Update Stream, 2021-02-04 (accessed 2021-02-04)
- SCS Software, American Truck Simulator 1.40 Open Beta, 2021-02-04 (accessed 2021-02-04)
- SCS Software, American Truck Simulator: 1.40 Western Star® 49X Update, 2021-02-05 (accessed 2021-02-05)
- SCS Software, American Truck Simulator: 1.40 Release, 2021-03-23 (accessed 2021-03-23)
|Euro Truck Simulator
|Majestic Actros - Runner Magnum - Swift R - Valiant FH16|
|Euro Truck Simulator 2
|DAF: XF 105, XF Euro 6, 2021 - Iveco: Stralis, Stralis Hi-Way - MAN: TGX, TGX Euro 6 - Mercedes-Benz: Actros, New Actros - Renault: Magnum, Premium, T - Scania: R 2009, Streamline, R, S - Volvo: FH16 2009, FH16 2012|
Upcoming: MAN: New TGX
|American Truck Simulator
|Freightliner Trucks: Cascadia - International Trucks: LoneStar, LT, 9900i - Kenworth: T680, W900 - Mack Trucks: Anthem - Peterbilt: 389, 579 - Volvo: VNL - Western Star Trucks: 49X, 57X|