"Experience the natural beauty of the 'Evergreen State' Washington, from its Pacific Coast beaches to snowcapped mountain ranges and bustling cities such as Seattle and Spokane. Washington is covered by large amounts of forestland, alongside many other diverse biomes. It is also home to some of America's largest industries and businesses, and is the leading producer of many fruits and vegetables."
Washington is a state of the United States, which is featured in American Truck Simulator as a map expansion DLC and in the 18 Wheels of Steel series. It was released on June 11, 2019. It is the fourth map of DLC involving map expansions, but the third paid one.
- 1 DLC Features
- 2 Release History
- 3 Geography
- 4 Cities
- 5 New Companies
- 6 Roads
- 7 Achievements
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
- 11 See also
- 3,800 miles of dense road network (Jump to section)
- 16 brand new cities (Vancouver, Longview, Aberdeen, Olympia, Tacoma, Seattle, Everett, Port Angeles, Bellingham, Omak, Wenatchee, Yakima, Kennewick, Grand Coulee, Spokane, Colville) (Jump to section)
- More than 20 landmark bridges (See Landmarks page)
- 10 original truckstops (Jump to section)
- Keystone-Port Townsend Ferry
- Spokane swing bridge
- Grand Coulee dam
- Washington's iconic mountains (Mount St. Helens and Mt. Rainier)
- Challenging logging cliff road
- Dynamic speed limits and LED signs
- New unique cargoes: aircraft engines, piggy back trucks, boat...
- Large and realistic ports (Seattle, Tacoma, Everett) (Jump to section)
- Many unique junctions
- Distinct company docks: yacht builders, vast farms, material storages... (Jump to section)
- Washington-specific achievements to unlock (Jump to section)
- 24 April 2018: A Washington map DLC is hinted in a blog post.
- 20 May 2018: A tweet with an image of an SCS employee working on Washington is retweeted by SCS.
- 27 June 2018: Pre-production has started as stated in the SCS ATS stream on 27 June 2018.
- 4 October 2018: Oregon DLC released with a huge system of roads leading to Yakima, WA + Vancouver, WA.
- 27 November 2018: Update 1.33 Public Beta released and system of roads to Washington were removed.
- 20 December 2018: SCS Developer Carthoo teases a photo of SR 20, just west of Colville.
- 21 December 2018: SCS gives a hint to the next ATS DLC in their Christmas stream by showing a dollar bill with George Washington.
- 15 January 2019: Teaser images from Washington appear on the blog.
- 25 January 2019: First official blog post confirmed Washington will be the next state with a few new screenshots + trailer and added to Steam Store.
- 4 February 2019: Short gameplays of a farming area, a bridge in Kennewick, and US 395 somewhere between Kennewick and Interstate 90 is shown in SCS Software's live stream, at the same livestream, SCS Software also stated that "Washington will be released earlier than many players expected".
- 15 February 2019: Blog post about urban landmarks.
- 27 February 2019: Blog post about prefab building.
- 15 March 2019: Blog post about logging cliff road.
- 26 March 2019: Blog post about new trailers for Update 1.35. SCS has also announced that Washington will have a Kenworth truck manufacturing plant.
- 29 March 2019: Blog post about farming.
- 9 April 2019: Early look at Washington by Rock Paper Shotgun editor Alec Meer.
- 11 April 2019: Blog post about landscapes.
- 25 April 2019: Blog post about the Kenworth truck manufacturing plant in Renton.
- 30 April 2019: Steam achievements for Washington are added to SteamDB.
- 7 May 2019: A few new screenshots were added to Steam for Washington DLC.
- 15 May 2019: Blog post about the Aerospace Factory in Everett.
- 18 May 2019: Blog post about Mount St. Helens.
- 22 May 2019: Blog post about bridges.
- 29 May 2019: Blog post about Seattle, the largest city of Washington.
- 1 June 2019: Blog post about Grand Coulee Dam.
- 4 June 2019: SCS announced the release date of the expansion.
- 6 June 2019: Blog post about logging road preview.
- 8 June 2019: Blog post about infrastructure for truckers.
- 11 June 2019: Washington DLC is released.
The geography ranges from thick evergreen forests, rivers, lakes, and the Pacific Ocean to the west, to a more dry scrubland and Ponderosa forest to the east.
Splitting the west from the east is the Cascade Range, which rises several thousand feet above sea level.
Puget Sound is where the majority of the state's population lives. Its southern reach is at the state capital of Olympia, where it runs north past major ports such as Tacoma, Seattle, and Everett, and finally opens up into the Strait of Juan de Fuca. At the very north of the Puget Sound region is Bellingham.
In the southwestern interior of western Washington, Vancouver is the largest city. Other significant cities are Longview and Centralia.
The area east of the Cascade Range is less populated. The state's second largest city, Spokane, is located in the eastern part of the state. Smaller significant cities in the east are Yakima, Wenatchee, Walla Walla, Moses Lake, and the Tri-Cities, which are made up of Pasco, Kennewick, and Richland.
There are 16 cities in the Washington Map Expansion.
Cities which are also in the 18 Wheels of Steel games are marked with " * ".
Note: Olympia is in italic lettering since it is the state capital of the state of Washington.
|Port Angeles||Seattle *||Spokane *|
Suburbs on this wiki are defined as separate cities in real life that are shown as part of larger cities in game.
|Okanogan (Omak)||Pasco (Kennewick)||Renton (Seattle)|
|Sunnyslope (Wenatchee)||Union Gap (Yakima)|
Scenery towns on this wiki are defined as cities or communities that are unmarked on the map.
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Companies
- Darwing - Aviation
- Drake Car Dealer - Vehicle retailer
- Fish Tail Foods - Food processing
- Port of Seattle - Port
- Port of Tacoma - Port
- Sea Horizon - Yacht manufacturer
There are six Interstate Highways in Washington:
|Interstate 5||Interstate 82||Interstate 90|
Oregon - Bellingham
Ellensburg (I-90/US 97) - Oregon
Seattle (I-5) - Idaho
|Interstate 182||Interstate 205||Interstate 405|
I-82/US 12 - Pasco (US 12/US 395/SR 397)
Oregon - Vancouver (SR 14)
There are six US Highways in Washington:
|US 2||US 12||US 97|
Everett (I-5/SR 529) - Spokane (US 395)
Aberdeen (US 101) - Elma (SR 8); I-5 - Idaho
Oregon - Tonasket (SR 20)
|US 101||US 395||US 730|
Oregon - Olympia (I-5)
Oregon - SR 20 (Barney's Junction)
There is one inaccessible US Highway in Washington:
There are 12 Washington State Routes:
|SR 8||SR 14||SR 20||SR 155|
Elma (US 12) - Olympia (US 101)
Vancouver; US 97
US 101 - Colville
US 2 - Grand Coulee
|SR 261||SR 285||SR 397||SR 432|
Ritzville; US 12
Kennewick - Pasco (I-182/US 12/US 395)
Longview (SR 433) - I-5
|SR 433||SR 526||SR 529||SR 900|
Oregon - Longview (SR 432)
There are 11 inaccessible Washington State Routes:
|SR 4||SR 113||SR 124||SR 127|
Waitsburg (US 12)
Dodge (US 12)
|SR 128||SR 171||SR 174||SR 401|
Clarkston (US 12)
Moses Lake (I-90)
Grand Coulee (SR 155)
|SR 410||SR 510||SR 518|
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Achievements
|The Evergreen State||Discover every city in Washington|
|Steel Wings||Deliver a cargo to an aerospace company in Washington|
|Keep Sailing||Deliver a boat to a marina in Washington|
|Terminal Terminus||Deliver a cargo to both port terminals in Washington|
|Seattle Mole||Drive through both Seattle tunnels|
|Ferry Tales||Use a ferry to cross the water|
|Over the Top||Drive through the forest road to timber harvest in Bellingham|
|Travel Washington||Visit Mount St. Helens, Grand Coulee Dam, Mount Rainier|
- SCS's announcement video of Washington featured a grunge-like guitar riff that resembled Smells Like Teen Spirit by Washington rock band, Nirvana.
- Prior to the release of the Washington DLC, mapmaker NWbyNW created an in-depth detailed profile of the state and proposed Washington map for American Truck Simulator on March 3, 2016. Source Source 2. Map.
Screenshots of the new areas of the Washington DLC
Screenshots of the Kenworth truck manufacturing plant in Renton
Screenshots of the Aerospace Factory in Everett
Screenshots of truck stops in Washington
- Official American Truck Simulator website, accessed 2022-03-29
- SCS Software, Oregon: Scenic road 101, 2018-04-24 (accessed 2018-04-24)
- Martin Linek, , 2018-05-20 (accessed 2018-08-27)
- SCS Software, American Truck Simulator stream, 2018-06-28 (accessed 2018-08-27)
- Carthoo on SCS Forum, 2018-12-20. Accessed 2018-12-20
- SCS Software Christmas Stream on Twitch
- SCS Software, ATS Teasing, 2019-01-15 (accessed 2019-01-15)
- SCS Software, American Truck Simulator: Washington, 2019-01-25 (accessed 2019-01-25)
- American Truck Simulator: Washington in Steam Store, 2019-01-25 (accessed 2019-01-25)
- SCS Software, Washington: Urban landmarks, 2019-02-15 (accessed 2019-02-15)
- SCS Software, Washington: Prefab building, 2019-02-27 (accessed 2019-02-27)
- SCS Software, Washington: Logging cliff road, 2019-03-15 (accessed 2019-03-15)
- SCS Software, Trailer News Part 1: American Truck Simulator, 2019-03-26 (accessed 2019-03-26)
- SCS Software, Farming in Washington State, 2019-03-29 (accessed 2019-03-29)
- Rock Paper Shotgun, American Truck Simulator: journey's end, 2019-04-09 (accessed 2019-04-11)
- SCS Software, Washington: Landscapes, 2019-04-11 (accessed 2019-04-11)
- SCS Software, Kenworth Renton Assembly Plant, 2019-04-25 (accessed 2019-04-25)
- American Truck Simulator stats on SteamDB, 2019-04-30 (accessed 2019-04-30)
- SCS Software, Washington: Everett Aerospace Factory, 2019-05-15 (accessed 2019-05-15)
- SCS Software, Washington: Mount St. Helens, 2019-05-18 (accessed 2019-05-18)
- SCS Software, Washington: Bridges, 2019-05-22 (accessed 2019-05-22)
- SCS Software, Washington: Seattle, 2019-05-29 (accessed 2019-05-29)
- SCS Software, Washington: Grand Coulee Dam, 2019-06-01 (accessed 2019-06-01)
- SCS Software, Washington Announcement, 2019-06-04 (accessed 2019-06-04)
- SCS Software, Washington: Logging Roads Preview, 2019-06-06 (accessed 2019-06-06)
- SCS Software, Washington: Infrastructure, 2019-06-08 (accessed 2019-06-08)
- SCS Software, Washington Released!, 2019-06-11 (accessed 2019-06-11)
|The States of American Truck Simulator|
|Arizona - California - Colorado - Idaho - Montana - Nevada - New Mexico - Oregon - Texas - Utah - Washington - Wyoming|
|Cities||Aberdeen - Bellingham - Colville - Everett - Grand Coulee - Kennewick - Longview - Olympia - Omak - Port Angeles - Seattle - Spokane - Tacoma - Vancouver - Wenatchee - Yakima
Scenery Towns: Barney's Junction - Bellevue - Burlington - Clarkston - Coulee City - Coulee Dam - Coupeville - Dayton - Discovery Bay - Dodge - Ellensburg - Elma - Factoria - Forks - Goldendale - Hoquiam - Kalaloch - Marysville - Moses Lake - Naches - Newhalem - Orondo - Port Townsend - Potlatch - Richland - Ritzville - Tonasket - Waitsburg - Wallula Junction - Wickersham
|Highways||Interstate 5 - Interstate 82 - Interstate 90 - Interstate 182 - Interstate 205 - Interstate 405|
US 2 - US 12 - US 97 - US 101 - US 395 - US 730
SR 8 - SR 14 - SR 20 - SR 155 - SR 261 - SR 285 - SR 397 - SR 432 - SR 433 - SR 526 - SR 529 - SR 900
|DLCs for American Truck Simulator|
|Map Expansions||Arizona - New Mexico - Oregon - Washington - Utah - Idaho - Colorado - Wyoming - Texas (upcoming) - Montana (upcoming)|
|Trailer / Cargo Packs||Heavy Cargo Pack - Special Transport DLC - Forest Machinery - Volvo Construction Equipment DLC|
|Tuning Packs||Wheel Tuning Pack - Steering Creations Pack - Dragon Truck Design Pack - Cabin Accessories - Goodyear Tires Pack|
|Paint Job Packs||Christmas - Classic Stripes - Halloween - Pink Ribbon Charity - Retrowave - Space - Steampunk - Valentines|