Volvo VNL is a truck in American Truck Simulator by the Swedish truck manufacturer Volvo. It was first shown in an SCS Software blog post about licensing issues already before the game released and was teased and confirmed when Oregon released. It was added to the game in November 5, 2018.
Release History Edit
- October 4, 2018:
- 10:00 GMT: In the Oregon release video, a VNL can be seen passing to the left.
- ~14:00 GMT: Carthoo, a developer for SCS unveils a picture of the VNL and says that, "It's not finished, but it will come soon enough. I guess in a few weeks."
- 17:00 GMT: When shown a comment on the Volvo VNL SCS Software's Twitter replies, "No kisses today - give us a week or two to get it fully ready."
- October 18, 2018: Carthoo: "...there are also smaller things to deal with (new bug found, some wrongly placed things, sickness of the guy responsible - not so easy to transfer the work agenda to someone else)... . It IS coming tho - no big obstacles there."
- October 29, 2018: A mini-page for the Volvo VNL is added to ATS’ official website, https://americantrucksimulator.com/. It was removed later. It was part of a test to launch the VNL. At the same day, ATS got an preparation update that added the Volvo VNL's support for all current DLCs. The page was added in the 6th of November.
- November 5, 2018: Release of the truck along with a trailer video.
Truck Dealers Edit
There are 6 Volvo truck dealers. They can be found in the following cities:
Note: Short chassis are only available for cabin 300 and long chassis only for cabins 730 and 780.
|Short 6x2 150gal||$24,830||0|
|Short 6x2 Midlift 150gal||$26,260||2|
|Short 6x4 150gal||$27,690||3|
|Short 6x2 200gal||$27,755||5|
|Short 6x2 Midlift 200gal||$29,185||7|
|Short 6x4 200gal||$30,615||8|
|Long 6x2 220gal||$24,830||10|
|Long 6x2 Midlift 220gal||$32,370||12|
|Long 6x4 220gal||$34,060||13|
|Long 6x2 300gal||$34,515||15|
|Long 6x2 Midlift 300gal||$26,075||17|
|Long 6x4 300gal||$37,635||18|
- The German ATS retail edition features an image with a Volvo VNL in its packaging. (left lower corner)
- If you see the steering wheel, It was similar to 2009 FH16 model. However, the latest 2019 variant has a steering wheel that is very close in resemblance to the 2012 FH16.
- This is the first truck in ATS to be made by a company based beyond the United States, as Volvo is a Swedish company.
- ↑ SCS Software, Truck Licensing Situation Update, 2016-01-25 (accessed 2016-6-4)
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/embed/vWKjRuRGkVw
- ↑ https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=995137#p995137
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SCSsoftware/status/1047810501365977095
- ↑ https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=178&t=260993&start=810#p1005738
- ↑ http://blog.scssoft.com/2018/11/volvo-vnl-coming-to-american-truck.html
See also Edit
| Euro Truck Simulator|
|Majestic Actros - Runner Magnum - Swift R - Valiant FH16|
| Euro Truck Simulator 2|
|DAF: XF 105, XF Euro 6 - Iveco: Stralis, Stralis Hi-Way - MAN: TGX, TGX Euro 6 - Mercedes-Benz: Actros, New Actros - Renault: Magnum, Premium, T - Scania: R, R 2009, S, Streamline - Volvo: FH16 2009, FH16 2012|
| American Truck Simulator|
|Kenworth: T680, W900 - Peterbilt: 389, 579 - Volvo: VNL|