It was first shown in an SCS Software blog post about licensing issues already before the game released and was teased and confirmed when Oregon released. It was added to the game on November 5, 2018, along with the 1.32 update.
Release History[edit | edit source]
- 4 October 2018:
- 10:00 GMT: In the Oregon release video, a VNL can be seen passing to the left.
- 14:00 GMT: Carthoo, a developer for SCS unveils a picture of the VNL and says that, "It's not finished, but it will come soon enough. I guess in a few weeks."
- 17:00 GMT: When shown a comment on the Volvo VNL SCS Software's Twitter replies, "No kisses today - give us a week or two to get it fully ready."
- 18 October 2018: Carthoo: "...there are also smaller things to deal with (new bug found, some wrongly placed things, sickness of the guy responsible - not so easy to transfer the work agenda to someone else)... . It IS coming tho - no big obstacles there."
- 29 October 2018: A mini-page for the Volvo VNL is added to ATS’ official website, https://americantrucksimulator.com/. It was removed later. It was part of a test to launch the VNL. At the same day, ATS got a preparation update that added the Volvo VNL's support for all current DLCs. The page was added on the 6th of November.
- 5 November 2018: Volvo VNL is released along with a trailer video.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Cabin[edit | edit source]
Chassis[edit | edit source]
Note: Short chassis are only available for cabin 300 and long chassis only for cabins 730 and 780.
|Short 6x2 150gal||$24,830||0|
|Short 6x2 Midlift 150gal||$26,260||2|
|Short 6x4 150gal||$27,690||3|
|Short 6x2 200gal||$27,755||5|
|Short 6x2 Midlift 200gal||$29,185||7|
|Short 6x4 200gal||$30,615||8|
|Long 6x2 220gal||$24,830||10|
|Long 6x2 Midlift 220gal||$32,370||12|
|Long 6x4 220gal||$34,060||13|
|Long 6x2 300gal||$34,515||15|
|Long 6x2 Midlift 300gal||$26,075||17|
|Long 6x4 300gal||$37,635||18|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Volvo VNL the first truck in ATS to be made by a company based beyond the United States, as Volvo is a Swedish company.
- The German ATS retail edition features an image with a Volvo VNL on the lower left corner of its packaging.
References[edit | edit source]
- SCS Software, Truck Licensing Situation Update, 2016-01-25 (accessed 2016-6-4)
See also[edit | edit source]
|Euro Truck Simulator
|Majestic Actros - Runner Magnum - Swift R - Valiant FH16|
|Euro Truck Simulator 2
|DAF: XF 105, XF Euro 6 - Iveco: Stralis, Stralis Hi-Way - MAN: TGX, TGX Euro 6 - Mercedes-Benz: Actros, New Actros - Renault: Magnum, Premium, T - Scania: R, R 2009, S, Streamline - Volvo: FH16 2009, FH16 2012|
|American Truck Simulator
|International Trucks: LoneStar - Kenworth: T680, W900 - Mack Trucks: Anthem - Peterbilt: 389, 579 - Volvo: VNL - Western Star Trucks: 49X|