"Welcome to 'Beehive State' Utah. Visit the great Salt Lake City, tourist-favorite Moab or historic St. George cities and see how rich the local architecture and lifestyle are. Venture into crude-oil digging sites in remote areas away from the urban noise and enjoy the challenges hauling crude oil has to offer!"
Utah is a state of the United States, which is featured in American Truck Simulator as a map expansion DLC and in the 18 Wheels of Steel series. It was released on November 7th, 2019. It is the fifth map of DLC involving map expansions, but the fourth paid one.
- 1 DLC Features
- 2 Release History
- 3 Geography
- 4 Climate
- 5 Cities
- 6 New Companies
- 7 Roads
- 8 Bee cabin toy
- 9 Achievements
- 10 Gallery
- 11 References
- 12 See also
- 3.500 miles of road network (Jump to section)
- 10 major cities (Salt Lake City, St. George, Moab) (Jump to section)
- New quarries and mines including the largest open excavation Kennecott Copper Mine (Jump to section)
- Expanded oil industry (oil mining sites, oil storage sites) (Jump to section)
- Improved agriculture production chain (country stores, feedmills) (Jump to section)
- Famous landmark sites: Great Salt Lake, Monument Valley, Virgin River Canyon (See Landmarks page)
- Over 260 recognizable natural and man-made landmarks
- 12 well-known truck stops (Jump to section)
- New and improved process of landscape creation
- Utah achievements to unlock (Jump to section)
- 5 November 2018: Near the end of SCS Software's Volvo VNL trailer, the truck was heading towards Utah on US 163. The GPS also showed that the road was accessible.
- 21 December 2018: SCS gives hint at a possible Utah map expansion in their Christmas stream by showing a postcard of Monument Valley in Utah.
- 4 February 2019: During a live stream, when asked to hint about the state following Washington, mentions that that state has "some big red rocks," heavily associated with Utah (as seen on the entrance sign).
- 30 April 2019: 1.35 Experimental Beta added some new roads that lead towards Utah.
- 20 June 2019: A mysterious teaser video is posted on SCS's YouTube channel and in their blog showing a bee. Utah is also called "The Beehive State".
- 28 June 2019: Teaser images from Utah appear on the blog.
- 4 July 2019: First official blog post confirmed Utah will be the next state with a few new screenshots + trailer and added to Steam Store.
- 19 July 2019: Blog post about new deliveries.
- 5 August 2019: Blog post about gameplay of the DLC.
- 16 August 2019: Blog post about truck stops.
- 30 August 2019: Blog post about the Kennecott Copper Mine.
- 9 September 2019: Steam achievements for Utah are added to SteamDB.
- 12 September 2019: Blog post about scenic viewpoints.
- 27 September 2019: Blog post about landmarks.
- 7 October 2019: Blog post about rocks.
- 18 October 2019: Blog post about gameplay preview from the Glen Canyon Dam Bridge to Salina including release month.
- 23 October 2019: Blog post about Utah's welcome signs.
- 25 October 2019: Blog post about Salt Lake City, the capital and largest city of Utah.
- 1 November 2019: SCS announced the release date of the expansion.
- 4 November 2019: Blog post about urban areas.
- 7 November 2019: Utah DLC is released.
Comprising an area of 84,899 square miles, the state's physical features range from arid deserts to pine forests. It borders Idaho to the north, Wyoming to the northeast, Colorado to the east, Nevada to the west, and Arizona to the south. Utah is part of the Four Corners, which is the only point in the US where four state borders meet.
The state is divided into three distinct regions: the Colorado Plateau in south and southeast, Basin and Range in the west, and the Middle Rocky Mountains in central Utah. The state has five national parks: Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, and Zion National Park. Great Salt Lake, Utah Lake, Sevier Lake, and Rush Lake are major water bodies in the state. Significant rivers in Utah include the Green River, San Juan River, Logan River, and White River. With an elevation of 4125 m / 13,534 ft, Kings Peak is the highest point in Utah.
Utah ranges from towering peaks to desert dunes and rugged basins. In western Utah, it is mostly arid desert with a basin and range topography. Small mountain ranges and rugged terrain punctuate the landscape.
The southeastern portion of the state is famous for rock formations and canyons of sandstone typical of the Colorado Plateau, upon which this region lies.
Eastern Utah is mostly dry, arid plateaus with very little population and mining as an important source of income for the few who live here.
Southwestern Utah is usually the hottest area of Utah as it is the lowest elevation in general. There are many smaller mountain ranges in this region as well where temperatures plummet.
The majority of the state's population lives around the Great Salt Lake, with the principal city being Salt Lake City. Another population hub is St. George to the southwest of the state. Most of the state is remote with very little population.
The climate of Utah is mostly semi-arid to desert, with hot summers and freezing winters. Higher elevations often see snow during the winter, and humidity in the summer is generally low.
There are 10 cities in the Utah Map Expansion.
Cities which are also in the 18 Wheels of Steel games are marked with " * ".
Note: Salt Lake City is in italic lettering since it is the state capital of the state of Utah.
|Salina||Salt Lake City *||St. George|
Suburbs on this wiki are defined as separate cities in real life that are shown as part of larger cities in game.
- Garfield (part of Salt Lake City)
- Herriman (part of Salt Lake City)
- Mapleton (part of Provo)
- Orem (part of Provo)
- Roy (part of Ogden)
- Sandy (part of Salt Lake City)
- Spanish Fork (part of Provo)
- West Valley City (part of Salt Lake City)
Scenery towns on this wiki are defined as cities or communities that are unmarked on the map.
- Brigham City
- Cove Fort
- Crescent Junction
- Fort Duchesne
- Garden City (currently inaccessible)
- Heber City
- Laketown (currently inaccessible)
- Mexican Hat
- Silver Summit
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Companies
There are four Interstate Highways in Utah:
|Interstate 15||Interstate 70||Interstate 80||Interstate 84|
Arizona - Idaho
I-15 - Colorado
Nevada - Wyoming
Idaho - I-80/US 189
There are 10 US Highways in Utah:
|US 6||US 40||US 50||US 89||US 89A|
Nevada - Delta (US 50); Spanish Fork (I-15) - Colorado
Silver Summit (I-80/US 189) - Colorado
Nevada - Colorado
Arizona - Salina; Provo; Ogden; Brigham City (US 91) - Idaho
Arizona - Kanab (US 89)
|US 91||US 163||US 189||US 191||US 491|
Brigham City (I-15/I-84) - Logan
Arizona - Bluff (US 191)
Orem (SR-52) - Wyoming
Arizona - Wyoming
Colorado - Monticello (US 191)
There are 17 Utah State Routes:
Washington (I-15) - Hurricane (SR-59)
Riverside (I-15) - Logan (US 89/US 91); Garden City (US 89) - Wyoming (WYO 89)
Nevada (SR 319) - Cedar City
Hurricane (SR-9) - Hildale (AZ 389)
Salt Lake City
Cove Fort - I-15
Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City
There are six inaccessible Utah State Routes:
SR-130 (Cedar City)
Duchesne (US 40/US 191)
Panguitch (US 89)
Salt Lake City (I-15/I-80)
Bee cabin toy
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Achievements
|Beehive State||Discover every city in Utah|
|This One Is Mine!||Visit all mines & quarries in Utah|
|It's Something||Find a sign that says "nothing"|
|Some Like It Salty||Take a job from each branch of each company located in Salt Lake City|
|Pump It Up||Deliver 5 frac tank trailers to any oil drilling site in Utah|
Screenshots of the new areas of the Utah DLC
Screenshots of truck stops in Utah
Screenshots of Kennecott Copper Mine
- SCS Software, Volvo VNL is joining American Truck Simulator 2018-11-05 (accessed 2018-11-05)
- SCS Software Christmas Stream on Twitch
- SCS Software, Creating some buzz, 2019-06-20 (accessed 2019-06-20)
- SCS Software, ATS: Screenshot teasing, 2019-06-28 (accessed 2019-06-28)
- SCS Software, American Truck Simulator - Utah, 2019-07-04 (accessed 2019-07-04)
- American Truck Simulator: Utah in Steam Store, 2019-07-04 (accessed 2019-07-04)
- SCS Software, Utah: New Deliveries, 2019-07-19 (accessed 2019-07-19)
- SCS Software, ATS Utah: Gameplay, 2019-08-05 (accessed 2019-08-05)
- SCS Software, Utah: Sleep well, traveler, 2019-08-16 (accessed 2019-08-16)
- SCS Software, Utah: Kennecott Copper Mine, 2019-08-30 (accessed 2019-08-30)
- American Truck Simulator stats on SteamDB, 2019-09-09 (accessed 2019-09-09)
- SCS Software, Utah: Scenic Viewpoints, 2019-09-12 (accessed 2019-09-12)
- SCS Software, Utah: Landmarks, 2019-09-27 (accessed 2019-09-27)
- SCS Software, Utah: This State Rocks!, 2019-10-07 (accessed 2019-10-07)
- SCS Software, Utah: Gameplay Preview and Release Month, 2019-10-18 (accessed 2019-10-18)
- SCS Software, Utah: You Are Welcome, 2019-10-23 (accessed 2019-10-23)
- SCS Software, Utah: Salt Lake City, 2019-10-25 (accessed 2019-10-25)
- SCS Software, Utah: Release Date Announcement, 2019-11-01 (accessed 2019-11-01)
- SCS Software, Utah: Urban Areas, 2019-11-04 (accessed 2019-11-04)
- SCS Software, Utah release, 2019-11-07 (accessed 2019-11-07)
- SCS Software, Utah: Community showcase, 2019-11-11 (accessed 2019-11-11)
|The States of American Truck Simulator|
|Arizona - California - Colorado - Idaho - Nevada - New Mexico - Oregon - Texas - Utah - Washington - Wyoming|
|Cities||Cedar City - Logan - Moab - Ogden - Price - Provo - Salina - Salt Lake City - St. George - Vernal
Scenery Towns: Bluff - Bothwell - Brigham City - Cove Fort - Crescent Junction - Delta - Duchesne - Garden City - Fort Duchesne - Heber City - Hildale - Hurricane - Kanab - Laketown - Magna - Mexican Hat - Modena - Monticello - Panguitch - Perry - Richfield - Riverside - Scipio - Silver Summit - Tremonton - Washington - Wendover
|Highways||Interstate 15 - Interstate 70 - Interstate 80 - Interstate 84|
US 6 - US 40 - US 50 - US 89 - US 89A - US 91 - US 163 - US 189 - US 191
SR-9 - SR-10 - SR-26 - SR-30 - SR-34 - SR-52 - SR-55 - SR-56 - SR-59 - SR-130 - SR-151 - SR-161 - SR-165 - SR-172 - SR-201 - SR-202 - SR-265
|DLCs for American Truck Simulator|
|Map Expansions||Arizona - New Mexico - Oregon - Washington - Utah - Idaho - Colorado - Wyoming - Texas (upcoming)|
|Trailer / Cargo Packs||Heavy Cargo Pack - Special Transport DLC - Forest Machinery|
|Tuning Packs||Wheel Tuning Pack - Steering Creations Pack - Dragon Truck Design Pack - Cabin Accessories - Goodyear Tires Pack|
|Paint Job Packs||Christmas - Classic Stripes - Halloween - Pink Ribbon Charity - Space - Steampunk - Valentines|