"Travel through the diverse landscapes of Utah, from its red rocks to its snowcapped mountain ranges. Drivers will be able to deliver to the state's bustling metropolis, which is home to many large businesses and industries. Through your journey you will also come across many notable landmarks and surviving remnants of the states historic pioneer history."
Utah is a state of the United States, which is featured in American Truck Simulator as an upcoming map expansion DLC and in 18 Wheels of Steel series. It will be the fifth of DLC after Arizona, New Mexico, Oregon and Washington, but the fourth paid one.
DLC Features Edit
Release History Edit
- 5 November 2018: Near the end of SCS's VNL video, the truck was heading towards Utah on US 163. The GPS also showed that the road was accessible.
- 21 December 2018: SCS gives hint at a possible Utah map expansion in their Christmas stream by showing a postcard of Monument Valley in Utah.
- 4 February 2019: During a live stream, when asked to hint about the state following Washington, mentions that that state has "some big red rocks," heavily associated with Utah (as seen on the entrance sign).
- 30 April 2019: 1.35 Experimental Beta added some new roads that lead towards Utah.
- 20 June 2019: A mysterious teaser video is posted on SCS's YouTube channel and in their blog showing a bee. Utah is also called "The Beehive State".
- 28 June 2019: Teaser images from Utah appear on the blog.
- 4 July 2019: First official blog post confirmed Utah will be the next state with a few new screenshots + trailer and added to Steam Store.
- 19 July 2019: Blog post about new deliveries.
- 5 August 2019: Blog post about gameplay of the DLC.
- 16 August 2019: Blog post about truck stops.
Utah ranges from towering peaks, to desert dunes, and rugged basins. In western Utah, it is mostly arid desert with a basin and range topography. Small mountain ranges and rugged terrain punctuate the landscape.
The southeastern portion of the state is famous for rock formations and canyons of sandstone.
Eastern Utah is mostly dry, arid plateaus with very little population and mining as an important source of income for the few who live here.
Southwestern Utah is usually the hottest area of Utah as it is the lowest elevation in general. There are many smaller mountain ranges in this region as well where temperatures plummet.
The majority of the state's population lives around the Great Salt Lake, with the principal city being Salt Lake City. Another population hub is St. George to the southwest of the state. Most of the state is remote with very little population.
The climate of Utah is mostly semi-arid to desert, with hot summers and freezing winters. Higher elevations often see snow during the winter, and humidity in the summer is generally low.
Cities EditThere are 10 cities in Utah, according to a previous version of a file found in the game files. The capital is marked in bold.
Scenery Towns Edit
New Companies Edit
Roads EditThere are four possible Interstate Highways in Utah:
|Interstate 15||Interstate 70||Interstate 80||Interstate 84|
Arizona - US 89
I-15 - US 191
Nevada - I-84
Ogden (I-15) - I-80
There are eight possible US Highways in Utah:
|US 6||US 40||US 50||US 89|
Nevada - Green River (I-70)
I-80 - Vernal
Nevada - Salina (I-70)
Arizona - I-70; I-15/US 91 - Logan (US 91)
|US 91||US 163||US 189||US 191|
I-15/US 89 - Logan (US 89)
Arizona - US 191
Arizona - Vernal
There are two possible Utah State Routes:
|SR 14||SR 130|
SCS Blog Edit
Screenshots of the new areas of the Utah DLC Edit
Screenshots of truck stops in Utah Edit
- ↑ SCS Software, Volvo VNL is joining American Truck Simulator 2018-11-05 (accessed 2018-11-05)
- ↑ SCS Software Christmas Stream on Twitch
- ↑ SCS Software, Creating some buzz, 2019-06-20 (accessed 2019-06-20)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS: Screenshot teasing, 2019-06-28 (accessed 2019-06-28)
- ↑ SCS Software, American Truck Simulator - Utah, 2019-07-04 (accessed 2019-07-04)
- ↑ American Truck Simulator: Utah in Steam Store, 2019-07-04 (accessed 2019-07-04)
- ↑ SCS Software, Utah: New Deliveries, 2019-07-19 (accessed 2019-07-19)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS Utah: Gameplay, 2019-08-05 (accessed 2019-08-05)
- ↑ SCS Software, Utah: Sleep well, traveler, 2019-08-16 (accessed 2019-08-16)
See also Edit
|The States of American Truck Simulator|
|Arizona - California - Nevada - New Mexico - Oregon - Utah - Washington|
|Cities||Cedar City - Logan - Ogden - Moab - Price - Provo - Salina - Salt Lake City - St. George - Vernal|
|Highways|| Interstate 15 - Interstate 70 - Interstate 80 - Interstate 84|
US 6 - US 40 - US 50 - US 89 - US 91 - US 163 - US 189 - US 191
UT 14 - UT 130
|DLCs for American Truck Simulator|
|Map Expansions||Arizona - New Mexico - Oregon - Washington - Utah (upcoming)|
|Trailer / Cargo Packs||Heavy Cargo Pack - Special Transport DLC - Forest Machinery|
|Tuning Packs||Wheel Tuning Pack - Steering Creations Pack - Dragon Truck Design Pack|
|Paint Job Packs||Christmas - Classic Stripes - Halloween - Space - Steampunk - Valentines|