Seven companies have depots in or near the city:
- A Bitumen depot is situated in the city to the west of the Interstate 5.
- A Bushnell Farm is well to the south of the city.
- A Deepgrove harvest site is situated to the northeast of the city.
- An Eddy's supermarket accepts cargo but doesn't give out any.
- A Gallon Oil refinery is to the east of the city. The gas station in the city is also run by Gallon.
- A Sell Goods warehouse is to the south of the Bitumen depot.
- A Voltison Motors yard is to the south of the Sell Goods warehouse, close to the city's southern entrance.
- A Wallbert warehouse is next to the Eddy's store, and on the opposite side of the recruitment agency.
Facilities available to truckers in or around Redding include:
- A garage
- A gas station run by Gallon Oil
- Two hotels, one to the west of the Interstate 5 and another to the east.
- A recruitment agency
- Two rest stops just outside the city, one to the west and the other to the south.
Other features Edit
A bridge in the city is signed as crossing the Sacramento River.
Redding is located on the junction of three routes:
- The runs to Sacramento to the south and Hornbrook and Portland, Oregon to the north.
- The intersects I-5 and runs to SR 299 to the west Reno to the southeast (the latter city via ).
- The intersects I-5 and runs to Eureka to the west and Alturas and Lakeview, Oregon (the latter city via the ) to the northeast.
In the initial version of American Truck Simulator, Interstate 5 had a TOTSO north of Redding as it intersected with Churn Creek Road at a cloverleaf interchange. US 395 began at an at-grade four-way junction with Churn Creek Road and headed east towards Nevada, while SR 299 began at a diamond interchange with Interstate 5 on Cypress Avenue and headed west to Eureka.
In update 1.5, which changed the map scale from 1:35 to 1:20, Interstate 5's TOTSO was removed as its route was straightened. Churn Creek Road was truncated from the cloverleaf interchange to Hartnell Avenue, as Interstate 5 intersected there with a new freeway section of SR 299, which began at an at-grade three-way junction with Market Street and ended to the east of a new diamond interchange with Victor Avenue. From there, SR 299 headed east towards Nevada on the previous route of US 395. The previous section of SR 299 in Redding was redesignated as SR 44.
In update 1.35, SR 299 east of the at-grade three-way junction with Market Street was redesignated as SR 44, as the junction became an at-grade four-way junction and SR 299 was moved to a new section of Market Street and Lake Boulevard, of which on the former a garage was added and on the latter a diamond interchange with Interstate 5. East of Interstate 5, SR 299 headed east to Alturas, passing a new Deepgrove harvest site. The previous section of SR 44 was undesignated.
- Before 1.35 release, in the blog post from SCS called New Road Connections, it was quoted that a Truck Dealer would be added, but at the final launch of the update, no dealership was added. Possibly Redding will have the Truck Dealer of the next manufacturer in the future.
See Also Edit
|Cities|| Bakersfield - Barstow - Carlsbad - El Centro - Eureka - Fresno - Hornbrook - Huron - Los Angeles - Oakdale - Oakland - Oxnard - Redding - Sacramento - San Diego - San Francisco - San Rafael - Santa Cruz - Santa Maria - Stockton - Truckee - Ukiah
Scenery Towns: Alturas - Berkeley - Bishop - Blythe - Burbank - Burney - Calipatria - Canby - Cayucos - Crescent City - Gilroy - Hatfield - Hiouchi - Indio - Klamath - Leggett - Malibu - Moccasin - Mussel Shoals - Needles - North Shore - Olancha - Ontario - Orick - Panamint Springs - San Luis Obispo - San Simeon - Santa Clarita - South San Francisco - Tulare - Vidal Junction - Weed
|Highways|| Interstate 5 - Interstate 8 - Interstate 10 - Interstate 15 - Interstate 40 - Interstate 80 - Interstate 580|
US 6 - US 95 - US 97 - US 101 - US 199 - US 395
CA 1 - CA 4 - CA 14 - CA 27 - CA 37 - CA 44 - CA 58 - CA 74 - CA 99 - CA 110 - CA 111 - CA 120 - CA 126 - CA 139 - CA 152 - CA 180 - CA 190 - CA 198 - CA 299