"Go down the road to experience the wild beauty of the 'Beaver State', Oregon. Its natural beauty includes deep forests, plenty of water areas and rivers, and encompassing volcanoes, high deserts, and arid scrublands. The evergreen natural scenery will go along with the deserted countryside, as well as dense city areas like Portland and Salem."
Oregon is a state of the United States, which is featured in American Truck Simulator as a map expansion DLC. It was announced on February 1, 2018 to celebrate the game's second anniversary and was released on October 4, 2018. It is the third map of DLC after Arizona and New Mexico, but the second paid one.
DLC Features Edit
- Over 5,000 miles of new in-game roads (Jump to section)
- 14 major cities, including Portland, Salem, and Eugene (Jump to section)
- 13 large custom rest/truck stops for parking and refueling (Jump to section)
- Lots of smaller rest areas and motels around the roads
- 700+ completely new 3D assets
- 25 unique, complex and realistic custom-built junctions and Interstate interchanges
- 17 new local company docks and industries (Jump to section)
- Well-known landmarks both natural and man-made - Mt. Hood, Thor's Well, Crater Lake, Crooked River Valley, Yaquina Head Lighthouse, Youngs Bay Bridge ... (See Landmarks page)
- Oregon-bound achievements to unlock (Jump to section)
Release History Edit
- 7 November 2017: Blog post about road signs. The last picture depicts a freeway exit in Oregon.
- 19 January 2018: Blog post which teases Oregon with screenshots.
- 1 February 2018: First official blog post confirmed Oregon will be the next state.
- 8 March 2018: Blog post about shipyard industry.
- 24 April 2018: Blog post about US Route 101.
- 11 May 2018: Blog post about truck stops.
- 30 May 2018: KRONE visits SCS Software video released showing Astoria, OR being developed in the first half of the video.
- 1 June 2018: Blog post about Oregon nature.
- 27 June 2018: Live stream about American Truck Simulator. Three videos are shown, each featuring a cargo delivery in Oregon. The videos are later uploaded to the SCS Software Youtube channel.
- 3 July 2018: Blog post about the three in-game Oregon videos uploaded to the SCS Software Youtube channel.
- 13 July 2018: Blog post about the wood production chain.
- 21 August 2018: Steam page for Oregon launched.
- 23 August 2018: More screenshots posted on Steam page showing Portland and The Dalles.
- 27 August 2018: Blog post about Portland, the largest city of Oregon.
- 10 September 2018: Steam achievements for Oregon are added to SteamDB.
- 12 September 2018: Blog post revealing more details including release month.
- 23 September 2018: An instagram photo/tweet of SCS hitting 60K+ followers showing a photo of a bridge north of Coos Bay, OR.
- 25 September 2018: Blog post about bridges.
- 27 September 2018: SCS announced the release date of the expansion.
- 4 October 2018: Oregon DLC is released.
Oregon is on the West coast of the United States south of Washington state and north of California and Nevada. To the west is the Pacific Ocean and to the east is Idaho. The state is separated from Washington by the Columbia River for much of the border.
The western portion is mostly lush forested land with the Willamette Valley taking up much of the state's population. The Oregon coast is known for its rugged coast line and large amounts of rain. The largest city in the state by population is Portland, located along the border with Washington.
There are fourteen cities in the Oregon Map Expansion.
Note: Salem is in italic lettering since it is the state capital of the state of Oregon.
|Coos Bay||Eugene||Klamath Falls|
Suburbs on this wiki are defined as separate cities in real life that are shown as part of larger cities in game.
- North Bend (Part of Coos Bay)
- Springfield (Part of Eugene)
- Terrebonne (Part of Bend)
- Toledo (Part of Newport)
- Troutdale (Part of Portland)
- Warrenton (Part of Astoria)
Scenery Towns Edit
Scenery towns on this wiki are defined as cities or communities that are unmarked on the map.
- Baker City
- Biggs Junction
- Burns Junction
- Grants Pass
- John Day
- Jordan Valley
- Mount Vernon
- Pacific City
- Pleasant Hill
New Companies Edit
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Companies
Many new industries like logging or furniture are introduced with this DLC.
Wood Production Chain: Edit
With the new DLC, truckers are be able to deliver the whole "chain" of a log's manufacturing.
"...With Oregon, we are bringing a new feature - ...chains. As there is a huge forestry industry, we... want to implement the whole chain of getting the lumber and moving it to the lumber factories and moving the furniture from the factories. We want to implement... [a] more natural flow of the cargo that should come with Oregon as well."
New Companies Edit
- Avalanche Steel - Scrapyard
- Deepgrove Forest Products - timber havesting and processing
- Olthon Homes - home building company
- Haddock Shipyard - Shipyard
- Heartwood Furniture - furniture manufacturing company
- Home Store - Home furnishings store
- Page & Price Paper - Paper manufacturing
- Portland Cargo Central - Logistics company at Portland International Airport
- Steeler - Steel
Haddock Shipyard Edit
With the Oregon DLC, SCS made prefabs for real life locations like a port on Swan Island (Haddock Shipyard).
Rest Stops EditThe Oregon Map Expansion features many truck stops that are recreated from ones in real life.
There are six Interstate Highways in Oregon:
|Interstate 5||Interstate 82||Interstate 84|
California - Washington
Washington - I-84/US 30/US 395
Portland (I-5/US 30) - Idaho
|Interstate 105||Interstate 205||Interstate 405|
Portland (I-84/US 30) - Washington
There are eight US Highways in Oregon:
|US 20||US 30||US 95||US 97|
Newport (US 101) - Ontario (OR 201)
Astoria (US 101) - Ontario (I-84)
Nevada - Idaho
California - Washington
|US 101||US 197||US 199||US 395|
California - Washington
US 97 - The Dalles (I-84/US 30)
California - Grants Pass (I-5)
California - Washington
There are 11 Oregon State Routes in Oregon:
|OR 22||OR 39||OR 58||OR 62|
California (SR 139) - Klamath Falls (US 97)
Eugene (I-5) - US 97
Medford, Klamath Falls
|OR 78||OR 99||OR 126||OR 140|
Burns (US 20/US 395) - Burns Junction (US 95)
Various cities (Historic US 99)
Medford (OR 62) - Nevada (SR 140)
|OR 201||OR 213||OR 569|
Ontario (US 20) - Ontario (I-84/US 30)
Future Roads: Edit
- US 26 could be added in a future update (Portland to Ontario).
- OR 38 could be added in a future update.
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Achievements
|The Beaver State||Discover every city in Oregon|
|Uplifting||Travel across the New Youngs Bay Bridge|
|Lumberjack||Deliver cargo from all timber harvest sites in Oregon|
|Travel Oregon||Discover following landmarks of Oregon: Crater Lake, Crooked River Gorge, Thor's Well and Yaquina Head Lighthouse|
|Cabbage to Cabbage||Complete a delivery of vegetables over Cabbage Hill|
- Prior to the release of the Oregon DLC, on March 4, 2016, mapmaker NWbyNW created an in-depth vision of Oregon and made a fictional map of what they proposed to be in the Oregon map. Source. Map.
Press Kit Edit
SCS Blog Edit
- ↑ SCS Software, Under The Hood: US Traffic Signs, 2017-11-07 (accessed 2017-11-07)
- ↑ SCS Software, Something's cooking, 2018-19-01 (accessed 2018-19-01)
- ↑ SCS Software, Which way to go? Beaver knows!, 2018-01-02 (accessed 2018-01-02)
- ↑ SCS Software, Meanwhile in Oregon, 2018-03-08 (accessed 2018-03-08)
- ↑ SCS Software, Oregon: Scenic road 101, 2018-04-24 (accessed 2018-04-24)
- ↑ SCS Software, Oregon: Truck Stops, 2018-05-11 (accessed 2018-05-11)
- ↑ SCS Software, Natural beauty of Oregon, 2018-06-01 (accessed 2018-06-01)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS Oregon expansion: Bend to Bend, 2018-06-28 (accessed 2018-07-03)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS Oregon expansion: Pendleton to Burns, 2018-07-03 (accessed 2018-07-03)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS Oregon expansion: Burns to Ontario, 2018-07-03 (accessed 2018-07-03)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS: Oregon Video Coverage, 2018-07-03 (accessed 2018-07-03)
- ↑ SCS Software, ATS: Wood Production, 2018-07-13 (accessed 2018-07-13)
- ↑ Oregon DLC on Steam, 2018-08-21 (accessed 2018-08-21)
- ↑ Oregon DLC on Steam, 2018-08-23 (accessed 2018-08-26)
- ↑ SCS Software, Portland, Oregon, 2018-08-27 (accessed 2018-08-27)
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 American Truck Simulator Stats on SteamDB, 2018-09-11 (accessed 2018-09-11)
- ↑ SCS Software, Oregon rising, 2018-09-12 (accessed 2018-09-12)
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BoEOJ2uF3T5/?taken-by=scs.software
- ↑ SCS Software, Bridges of Oregon, 2018-09-25 (accessed 2018-09-25)
- ↑ SCS Software, Oregon DLC releasing next week, 2018-09-27 (accessed 2018-09-27)
- ↑ SCS Software, Oregon Celebration!, 2018-10-04 (accessed 2018-10-04)
- ↑ https://youtu.be/e5262jV1AcA - around 30:13, 2018-04-14. Accessed 2018-4-17
See also Edit
|The States of American Truck Simulator|
|Arizona - California - Nevada - New Mexico - Oregon - Utah - Washington|
|Cities|| Astoria - Bend - Burns - Coos Bay - Eugene - Klamath Falls - Lakeview - Medford - Newport - Ontario - Pendleton - Portland - Salem - The Dalles
Scenery Towns: Adel - Albany - Baker City - Biggs Junction - Bly - Brothers - Burns Junction - Canyonville - Crescent - Garibaldi - Grants Pass - Hatfield - John Day - Jordan Valley - Juntura - Kerby - McDermitt - Millican - Mount Vernon - Pacific City - Pleasant Hill - Riley - Rome - Shaniko - Vale
|Highways|| Interstate 5 - Interstate 84 - Interstate 105 - Interstate 205 - Interstate 405|
US 20 - US 30 - US 95 - US 97 - US 101 - US 197 - US 199 - US 395
OR 22 - OR 39 - OR 58 - OR 62 - OR 78 - OR 99 - OR 126 - OR 140 - OR 201 - OR 213 - OR 569
|DLCs for American Truck Simulator|
|Map Expansions||Arizona - New Mexico - Oregon - Washington - Utah (upcoming)|
|Trailer / Cargo Packs||Heavy Cargo Pack - Special Transport DLC - Forest Machinery|
|Tuning Packs||Wheel Tuning Pack - Steering Creations Pack - Dragon Truck Design Pack|
|Paint Job Packs||Christmas - Classic Stripes - Halloween - Space - Steampunk - Valentines|