"New Mexico (Navajo: Yootó Hahoodzo) is the fifth largest by area and the 36th most populous of the U.S. states. This corner-state has diverse nature which includes deserts, high plains, and mountains. The climate is generally semi-arid to arid because New Mexico has very little water."
New Mexico is a state of the United States, which is featured in American Truck Simulator as a map expansion DLC and in the 18 Wheels of Steel series. It was announced on February 2, 2017 to celebrate the game's first anniversary and was released on November 9, 2017. It is the second map of DLC involving map expansions, but the first paid one.
The state is bordered by Arizona to the west, Texas to the east-southeast, Oklahoma to the northeast, Colorado to the north, the Mexican states of Chihuahua to the south and Sonora to the southwest, and touches Utah to the northwest at the Four Corners.
- 1 DLC Features
- 2 Release History
- 3 Cities
- 4 New Companies
- 5 Rest Stops
- 6 Roads
- 7 Achievements
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
- 10 See also
- Over 4,000 miles of new in-game roads (Jump to section)
- 14 major cities, including Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Roswell (Jump to section)
- 11 custom rest/truck stops for parking and refueling (Jump to section)
- More than 600 completely new 3D graphics assets
- Complex and realistic custom-built junctions and Interstate interchanges
- 8 new company docks and industries (Jump to section)
- Unique landmarks both natural and man-made (See Landmarks page)
- New Mexico achievements to unlock (Jump to section)
- 2 February 2017: First official announcement of New Mexico DLC in SCS's blog.
- 26 April 2017: SCS writes about new larger prefabs for New Mexico's company depots.
- 19 May 2017: They announce that each rest stop will have its own individual model.
- 20 June 2017: Some screenshots of nature and landscapes in New Mexico are shown in a blog post.
- 4 July 2017: A blog post about the city Roswell.
- 8 August 2017: A blog post features information about a "musical road" in New Mexico and a video shows the effect when you drive over it.
- 5 September 2017: Closed Beta and Steam achievements for NM go live and SCS show some landmarks in their blog.
- 29 September 2017: Blog post with information and screenshots of a big interchange in Albuquerque.
- 18 October 2017: Release trailer of New Mexico.
- 25 October 2017: Steam Page for New Mexico launched.
- 2 November 2017: SCS announced the release date of the expansion.
- 9 November 2017: New Mexico DLC is released.
Since the release of the DLC, new major content has been added to it for free in game updates (not including road connections to new neighbouring states).
- 14 May 2018: Update 1.31 adds US 84 from Santa Rosa to Fort Sumner.
- 17 September 2018: Update 1.32 adds US 70 from Arizona to Lordsburg and US 550 from Albuquerque to Bloomfield.
There are 14 cities in the New Mexico Map Expansion.
Cities which are also in the 18 Wheels of Steel games are marked with " * ".
Note: Santa Fe is in italic lettering since it's the capital of the state of New Mexico.
|Raton||Roswell *||Santa Fe|
Scenery towns on this wiki are defined as cities or communities that are unmarked on the map.
|Fort Sumner||Lordsburg||Mountain Park||Newcomb|
|Shiprock||Sky City||Tierra Amarilla||Vaughn|
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Companies
There are three Interstate Highways in New Mexico:
|Interstate 10||Interstate 25||Interstate 40|
Arizona - I-25 (Las Cruces)
I-10 (Las Cruces) - Colorado
Arizona - Tucumcari
There are 14 US Highways in New Mexico:
|US 54||US 60||US 62||US 64||US 70|
Alamogordo - Tucumcari
Arizona - I-25 (Socorro); US 54/US 285 (Vaughn) - US 70/US 84 (Clovis)
US 180/US 285 (Carlsbad) - US 180 (Hobbs)
Arizona - US 87 (Raton)
Arizona - US 54, US 380 - US 60/US 84 (Clovis)
|US 82||US 84||US 87||US 160||US 180|
US 54/US 70 (Alamogordo) - US 62/US 180 (Hobbs)
Colorado - US 60/US 70 (Clovis)
US 64 (Raton) - Colorado
Arizona - Colorado
US 62/US 285 (Carlsbad) - US 62 (Hobbs)
|US 285||US 380||US 491||US 550|
US 62/US 180 (Carlsbad) - US 54/US 60 (Vaughn); I-25/US 84 (Santa Fe) - US 84
I-25 - US 70/US 285 (Roswell)
I-40 (Gallup) - Colorado
I-25 (Albuquerque) - Colorado
There are seven New Mexico State Roads:
|NM 104||NM 209||NM 292||NM 418|
|NM 529||NM 597||NM 599|
US 82 - US 62/US 180
US 160 - Four Corners Monument
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Achievements
|The Land of Enchantment||Discover every city in New Mexico|
|Truck Stop Tour||Visit all large truck stops and rest stops in New Mexico|
|Forest Shortcut||Discover shortcut through the forest|
|1881||Drive by the Billy The Kid Museum|
|Sky Delivery||Deliver cargo to An-124 depot|
Screenshots of the new areas of the New Mexico DLC
Screenshots of new prefabs in New Mexico
Screenshots of truck stops and rest areas in New Mexico
Screenshots of new content added in update 1.32
- New Mexico map expansion for ATS will arrive next week, 2017-11-02 (accessed 2017-11-02)
- Official American Truck Simulator website, accessed 2022-03-29
- SCS Software, ATS heads towards New Mexico!, 2017-02-02 (accessed 2017-08-30)
- SCS Software, New Mexico: New Prefabs, 2017-04-26 (accessed 2017-08-30)
- SCS Software, Places to Rest and Refuel, 2017-05-19 (accessed 2017-08-30)
- SCS Software, The Land of Enchantment, 2017-06-20 (accessed 2017-08-30)
- SCS Software, New Mexico: Roswell, 2017-07-04 (accessed 2017-09-29)
- SCS Software, New Mexico: Musical Road, 2017-08-08 (accessed 2017-08-30)
- SCS Software, New Mexico: Landmarks and Closed Beta Announcement, 2017-09-05 (accessed 2017-09-05)
- SCS Software, New Mexico: Albuquerque, 2017-09-29 (accessed 2017-09-29)
- SCS Software, New Mexico DLC Promo Trailer, 2017-10-18 (accessed 2017-10-19)
- New Mexico DLC on Steam, accessed 2017-10-25
- SCS Software, New Mexico DLC arrives alongside American Truck Simulator update 1.29!, 2017-11-09 (accessed 2017-11-09)
- SCS Software, ATS and ETS2 Update 1.31 Out Now!, 2018-05-14 (accessed 2022-04-08)
- SCS Software, ATS and ETS2 Update 1.32, 2018-09-17 (accessed 2022-04-08)
|The States of American Truck Simulator|
|Arizona - California - Colorado - Idaho - Montana - Nevada - New Mexico - Oregon - Texas - Utah - Washington - Wyoming|
|Cities||Alamogordo - Albuquerque - Artesia - Carlsbad - Clovis - Farmington - Gallup - Hobbs - Las Cruces - Raton - Roswell - Santa Fe - Socorro - Tucumcari
Scenery Towns: Akela - Bloomfield - Carrizozo - Corona - Cuba - Deming - Eagle Nest - Elida - Fort Sumner - Lordsburg - Mountain Park - Newcomb - Omega - Pastura - Quemado - Santa Rosa - Shiprock - Sky City - Tierra Amarilla - Vaughn - Yeso
|Highways||Interstate 10 - Interstate 25 - Interstate 40|
US 54 - US 60 - US 62 - US 64 - US 70 - US 82 - US 84 - US 160 - US 180 - US 285 - US 380 - US 491 - US 550
NM 292 - NM 418 - NM 529 - NM 597 - NM 599
|DLCs for American Truck Simulator|
|Map Expansions||Arizona - New Mexico - Oregon - Washington - Utah - Idaho - Colorado - Wyoming - Texas (upcoming) - Montana (upcoming)|
|Trailer / Cargo Packs||Heavy Cargo Pack - Special Transport DLC - Forest Machinery - Volvo Construction Equipment DLC|
|Tuning Packs||Wheel Tuning Pack - Steering Creations Pack - Dragon Truck Design Pack - Cabin Accessories - Goodyear Tires Pack|
|Paint Job Packs||Christmas - Classic Stripes - Halloween - Pink Ribbon Charity - Retrowave - Space - Steampunk - Valentines|