Interstate 8 (I-8) is an east–west Interstate Highway in southern California and Arizona that is almost completely included in American Truck Simulator. It begins at Interstate 5 in San Diego and ends at Interstate 10 south of Phoenix.
I-8 in ATS begins at Interstate 5 in San Diego, and soon after intersects with Interstate 15, which is followed by eastbound and westbound Weigh Stations. From there the highway runs through the chaparral of Southern California's Peninsular Ranges before descending Mountain Springs Grade, a pass notable for its low speed limits, weaving course, and the large gap between the eastbound and westbound lanes. Leaving the mountains, the highway enters the Colorado Desert and the Imperial Valley, where it passes the city of El Centro. It's worth noting that, on the real I-8, this section of the highway is home to the lowest above-ground elevation on the Interstate Highway System, with a point 52 feet (16 m) below sea level.
Leaving the Imperial Valley, I-8 crosses the Colorado River into Arizona, at the city of Yuma. The highway then runs through the arid, sparsely-populated Sonoran Desert, which features a Gas Station at Dateland and two Rest Stops, one for each direction of travel. South of Phoenix, access to the state's capital and largest city is provided via AZ 85; soon after, the highway terminates at Interstate 10.
|I-5 – Downtown, Los Angeles||West terminus in game|
|I-15 – Chula Vista, Barstow||Chula Vista is not accessible|
I-15 exit 6 B
|El Centro||99||115||SR 111 (4th Street) – El Centro||East terminus in base game|
|Yuma||149||2||US 95 – Yuma, Quartzsite|
|211||----||Rest area||Eastbound only|
|238||----||Rest area||Westbound only|
|294||115||SR 85 North – Phoenix|
|334||178 A–B||I-10 – Phoenix, Tucson||East terminus|
I-10 exit 199
- In the update 1.0 of American Truck Simulator, Interstate 8 began at a diamond interchange in eastern San Diego and ended at SR 111 in El Centro.
- In the initial version of the Arizona map expansion DLC, the section of Interstate 8 between SR 111 in El Centro and Interstate 10 south of Phoenix was added.
- In update 1.5, which changed the map scale from 1:35 to 1:20, the section of Interstate 8 between Interstate 5 and the diamond interchange in eastern San Diego was added, along with the hybrid interchange with Interstate 5. On the rest of the route, several new sections were added to the existing route to accommodate the new map scale, including Mountain Springs Grade and the gas station and rest areas between Yuma and Phoenix.
- In update 1.29, the cloverstack interchange with Interstate 15 was added when it was extended from Interstate 10 to Interstate 8.
- In update 1.35, both diamond interchanges in Yuma were rebuilt.
- In update 1.38, the diamond interchange with SR 111 in El Centro was rebuilt and a rest area was added there while the truck stop was rebuilt and moved.
|Cities||Camp Verde - Clifton - Ehrenberg - Flagstaff - Grand Canyon Village - Holbrook - Kayenta - Kingman - Nogales - Page - Phoenix - San Simon - Show Low - Sierra Vista - Tucson - Yuma
Scenery Towns: Ash Fork - Bitter Springs - Cameron - Colorado City - Dateland - Fredonia - Globe - Mexican Water - Morenci - Pinetop–Lakeside - Quartzsite - Sanders - Seligman - Springerville - St. Johns - Teec Nos Pos - Valle - Wickenburg
|Highways||Interstate 8 - Interstate 10 - Interstate 15 - Interstate 17 - Interstate 19 - Interstate 40|
US 60 - US 64 - US 70 - US 89 - US 89A - US 93 - US 95 - US 160 - US 163 - US 180 - US 191
SR 51 - SR 61 - SR 64 - SR 66 - SR 77 - SR 85 - SR 89 - SR 90 - SR 92 - SR 98 - SR 260 - SR 303 - SR 389