Interstate 15 (I-15) is a north–south Interstate Highway in southern California and Nevada, central Utah, and eastern Idaho in American Truck Simulator. It runs from Interstate 8 in San Diego to US 20 in Idaho Falls.
- 1 Course
- 2 Cities
- 3 Exit list
- 4 Business Routes
- 5 History
- 6 See also
Interstate 15 in ATS begins at its junction with Interstate 8 just east of San Diego, and immediately climbs over the Peninsular Ranges to Interstate 10, the highway in this segment being six lanes wide. North of I-10, the highway continues climbing, this time over the Transverse Ranges, reaching its climax at Cajon Summit, which has an elevation of 4260 ft. This grade is rather steep, and features a slow vehicle lane for northbound traffic. North of the summit, the highway reaches CA 58 and Barstow, which offers services off the highway to the south of town. After leaving Barstow, the highway meets with Interstate 40 at its western terminus, passes the town of Baker (notable for having the world's tallest thermometer, which is visible from the road), and sets off through the desolate Mojave Desert in the south of the Great Basin.
Right after crossing into Nevada, the highway passes through the border town of Primm, and soon after moves through Las Vegas, where it intersects with US 95 and 93, the latter having a brief concurrency. Leaving Las Vegas, I-15 soon crosses into Arizona, where it runs a short but scenic stretch through the Virgin River Gorge. Leaving the gorge, the highway enters the Colorado Plateau and the state of Utah.
After crossing the state line, travelers are greeted by north and southbound Weigh Stations (which feature Rest Stops) before passing through the city of St. George. North of town, UT-9 is reached, and soon after the highway exits the Colorado Plateau, re-entering the Great Basin. It is here that the highway passes through Cedar City, and proceeds along the edge of the Colorado Plateau, which stands prominently to the east of the highway in the form of high, tree-covered plateaus. After traversing a summit, I-15 intersects with Interstate 70 at its western terminus at Cove Fort, the fort itself being accessible from the highway. After another summit, the highway encounters US 50 and the town of Scipio, and proceeds through the desert alongside the Wasatch Mountains. It soon passes Provo, and shortly afterward reaches Salt Lake City and Interstate 80, followed quickly by Ogden and Interstate 84, which begins a short concurrency. North of Ogden are north and southbound weigh stations, and further north is Brigham City, which offers travel services and access to Logan via US 89 and 91. At Tremonton, where there are more services, I-84 breaks away to the northwest while I-15 continues its northern trend into Idaho.
Soon after entering Idaho, the highway crosses the Bannock Range via Malad Summit (5574 ft) and descends into McCammon and Inkom, where notable cliffs rise over the road. After north and southbound weigh stations, Pocatello is reached, and with it, Interstate 86. The highway proceeds through the Snake River Plain and across a rather large lava field, which features north and southbound Rest Stops. Shortly afterwards the city of Idaho Falls is reached, and it is in the north of town where the highway currently ends, waiting to be extended to Montana.
|San Diego||0||6||I-8 – San Diego, El Centro||South terminus in game|
|100||109 A-B||I-10 – Los Angeles, Phoenix|
|Barstow||151||175||Outlet Center Drive|
|166||179||CA 58 west – Bakersfield|
|175||181||L Street / West Main Street|
|197||184||I-40 east – Kingman, Flagstaff|
|Las Vegas||328–340||35||Russell Road|
|344–356||38 A–B||Flamingo Road||Northbound exit 38|
|357||42 A–B||I-515 south / US 93 south / US 95 – Phoenix, Downtown Las Vegas, Reno, Rancho Drive||Southbound exit 42; south end of US 93 concurrency; I-515 and US 95 exits 76 A–B|
|379||64||US 93 north – Ely||North terminus in base game|
North end of US 93 concurrency
|No exits in Arizona|
|St. George||453||4||Brigham Road|
|456||8||SR-34 west (St. George Boulevard)|
|Washington||465||16||SR-9 east – Hurricane|
|Cedar City||497||57||I-15 Bus. (South Main) / SR-130 to SR-14|
|503||62||I-15 Bus. (North Main) / SR-130 to SR-14|
|536||132||I-70 east – Salina, Denver|
|556||135||Historic Cove Fort|
|597||172||US 50 west – Delta|
|Scipio||609||188||US 50 east – Scipio|
|Provo||664||257 A||Main Street||Southbound only; inaccessible|
|668||257 B||US 6 east – Spanish Fork, Price|
|687||272||SR-52 (800 North) to US 189|
|Salt Lake City||707||293||SR-151 west (10600 South)|
|717||304||I-80 east – Cheyenne||South end of I-80 concurrency|
|720||305 A–D||SR-201 west / 1300 South / 2100 South – West Valley||Northbound only; inaccessible|
|728||308||I-80 west – Reno, Salt Lake City International Airport||North end of I-80 concurrency|
|Ogden||747||339||SR-26 (Riverdale Road) to I-84 east||Northbound exit and southbound entrance|
|748||340||I-84 east – Cheyenne||South end of I-84 concurrency; southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|Brigham City||755||362||US 91 (1100 South) to US 89|
|Tremonton||775||379||I-84 west – Tremonton, Boise||North end of I-84 concurrency; eastbound I-84 exit 41|
|Riverside||784||385||SR-30 east – Riverside, Logan||North terminus in Utah DLC|
|804||----||Rest area||Northbound only|
|823||----||Rest area||Southbound only|
|McCammon||839||47||US 30 east – McCammon, Montpelier||South terminus in Idaho DLC|
South end of US 30 concurrency
|Pocatello||869||67||I-15 BL north / US 30 west / US 91 north (5th Avenue)||North end of US 30 concurrency|
|888||72||I-86 west – Twin Falls, Boise||I-86 exits 63 A–B|
|925||118||I-15 BL south / US 20 west / US 20 Bus. east – Idaho Falls Historic Downtown, Arco||South end of US 20 concurrency|
|927||119||US 20 east – Rexburg, West Yellowstone||North terminus in game|
North end of US 20 concurrency
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Interstate 15 has business routes in 3 cities:
There is one business route in Utah:
Major intersections and facilities
There are two business routes in Idaho:
Major intersections and facilities
Interstate 15 Business in Idaho Falls begins at its junction with Interstate 15 and US 20. It follows West Broadway Street from I-15 to US 30 (Yellowstone Avenue), and then follows US 30 to the south until it terminates with West Sunnyside Road.
Major intersections and facilities
18 Wheels of Steel
- The highway first appeared in SCS Software's first trucking game, Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel, where it connected the cities of Los Angeles and Las Vegas on the West Coast map, as well as Salt Lake City and Helena on the Rockies map.
- Interstate 15 can also be found in several later 18 Wheels of Steel games: In Across America it connects Interstate 40 with Salt Lake City and Great Falls and in Pedal to the Metal, Convoy, Haulin' and American Long Haul it also passes Las Vegas.
American Truck Simulator
- In the initial version of American Truck Simulator, Interstate 15 began at a trumpet interchange with Interstate 10 east of Los Angeles and headed north to Las Vegas. The small town currently on SR 58 west of Barstow near which a Coastline Mining quarry exists was situated on Interstate 15.
- In update 1.5, which changed the map scale from 1:35 to 1:20, several new sections were added to the existing route to accommodate the new map scale, including the truck stop south of Barstow and its accompanying exits, as well as the rest area between Barstow and Primm. The small town west of Barstow was moved to its current location, and the junction with SR 58 was changed from an at-grade three-way junction to the current trumpet interchange.
- In update 1.29, the section of Interstate 15 from Los Angeles to San Diego was added, along with the current four-level stack interchange with Interstate 10 and the cloverstack interchange with Interstate 8.
- In the initial version of the Utah map expansion DLC, the section of Interstate 15 from US 93 in Las Vegas to Interstate 84 and US 91 in Brigham City was added.
- In update 1.38, the section of Interstate 15 from Interstate 84 and US 91 in Brigham City to SR-30 in Riverside was added. In Las Vegas, all interchanges were rebuilt. The diamond interchanges with Russell Road and Flamingo Road were changed to be reached via local lanes, and the former was rebuilt and the latter changed to a partial folded diamond interchange. The frontage road running parallel between the exits was removed. The trumpet interchange with US 95 was changed to a "Spaghetti Bowl" interchange with US 93 and US 95. The diamond interchange with US 93 on Cheyenne Avenue was separated into a single-point diamond interchange with the previous section of US 93 on Cheyenne Avenue and a diverging diamond interchange with US 93.
- In the initial version of the Idaho map expansion DLC, the section of Interstate 15 from SR-30 in Riverside to US 20 in Idaho Falls was added.
|Cities||Carson City - Elko - Ely - Jackpot - Las Vegas - Pioche - Primm - Reno - Tonopah - Winnemucca
Scenery Towns: Austin - Battle Mountain - Beatty - Currie - Denio Junction - Goldfield - Indian Springs - Lages Station - Majors Place - Mazany Creek - McDermitt - Owyhee - Panaca - Rachel - Stateline - Wells - West Wendover
|Highways||Interstate 11 - Interstate 15 - Interstate 80 - Interstate 515 - Interstate 580|
US 6 - US 50 - US 93 - US 93 Alternate - US 95 - US 395
SR 140 - SR 225 - SR 305 - SR 319 - SR 374 - SR 375 - SR 376
|Cities||Camp Verde - Clifton - Ehrenberg - Flagstaff - Grand Canyon Village - Holbrook - Kayenta - Kingman - Nogales - Page - Phoenix - San Simon - Show Low - Sierra Vista - Tucson - Yuma
Scenery Towns: Ash Fork - Bitter Springs - Cameron - Colorado City - Dateland - Fredonia - Globe - Mexican Water - Morenci - Pinetop–Lakeside - Quartzsite - Sanders - Seligman - Springerville - St. Johns - Teec Nos Pos - Valle - Wickenburg
|Highways||Interstate 8 - Interstate 10 - Interstate 15 - Interstate 17 - Interstate 19 - Interstate 40|
US 60 - US 64 - US 70 - US 89 - US 89A - US 93 - US 95 - US 160 - US 163 - US 180 - US 191
SR 51 - SR 61 - SR 64 - SR 66 - SR 77 - SR 85 - SR 89 - SR 90 - SR 92 - SR 98 - SR 260 - SR 303 - SR 389
|Cities||Cedar City - Logan - Moab - Ogden - Price - Provo - Salina - Salt Lake City - St. George - Vernal
Scenery Towns: Bluff - Bothwell - Brigham City - Cove Fort - Crescent Junction - Delta - Duchesne - Fort Duchesne - Garden City - Heber City - Hildale - Hurricane - Kanab - Laketown - Magna - Mexican Hat - Modena - Monticello - Panguitch - Perry - Richfield - Riverside - Scipio - Silver Summit - Tremonton - Washington - Wendover
|Highways||Interstate 15 - Interstate 70 - Interstate 80 - Interstate 84|
US 6 - US 40 - US 50 - US 89 - US 89A - US 91 - US 163 - US 189 - US 191 - US 491
SR-9 - SR-10 - SR-26 - SR-30 - SR-34 - SR-52 - SR-55 - SR-56 - SR-59 - SR-130 - SR-151 - SR-161 - SR-165 - SR-172 - SR-201 - SR-202 - SR-265
|Cities||Boise - Coeur d'Alene - Grangeville - Idaho Falls - Ketchum - Lewiston - Nampa - Pocatello - Salmon - Sandpoint - Twin Falls
Scenery Towns: Arco - Bellevue - Bruneau - Butte City - Cambridge - Carey - Challis - Ellis - Fruitland - Galena - Hollister - Horseshoe Bend - Kamiah - Kooskia - Lava Hot Springs - Lower Stanley - Mackay - McCall - McCammon - Montpelier - Mountain Home - New Meadows - Ovid - Payette - Shoshone - Stanley - Timmerman Junction - Tollgate - Torreys
|Highways||Interstate 15 - Interstate 84 - Interstate 86 - Interstate 90|
US 2 - US 12 - US 20 - US 26 - US 30 - US 89 - US 91 - US 93 - US 95
SH-13 - SH-21 - SH-28 - SH-51 - SH-55 - SH-74 - SH-75 - SH-78 - SH-128