"Welcome to Idaho, a land of rugged beauty that is home to millions of acres of wilderness and a landscape that ranges from desert to fertile farms. Best known for its world famous potatoes, Idaho offers drivers the opportunity to get involved with some of the States' largest economies such as farming and timber harvesting."
Idaho is a state of the United States, which is featured in American Truck Simulator as a map expansion DLC and in the 18 Wheels of Steel series. It was released on July 16, 2020. It is the sixth map of DLC involving map expansions, but the fifth paid one.
The state is bordered by Montana to the east and northeast, Wyoming to the east, Nevada and Utah to the south, and Washington and Oregon to the west. To the north, it shares a small portion of the Canadian border with the province of British Columbia.
Since October 4, 2018, the Oregon map expansion of American Truck Simulator features a section of Interstate 84 and US 95 in Idaho near Ontario, Oregon. There are in-game signs notifying truckers at the boundary.
- 1 DLC Features
- 2 Release History
- 3 Geography
- 4 Climate
- 5 Cities
- 6 Roads
- 7 Achievements
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
- 10 See also
- Over 3,300 miles of new roads to discover and explore (Jump to section)
- 11 new cities - drive through downtown Boise, Coeur d'Alene set on a gorgeous lake or Idaho Falls with a lovely touristic center (Jump to section)
- A brand new viewpoint feature that gives you a new perspective of the world (Jump to section)
- Expanded fan-favorite industries such as farming, timber harvesting or wood processing (Jump to section)
- Visit the famous Craters of the Moon National Monument and Preserve (See Landmarks page)
- Over 40 recognizable spots from the Historical Highway Marker program (See Idaho HHMP page)
- State-specific geographical landmarks such as canyons, valleys or basalt rock formations
- Many familiar truck stops and rest areas that truckers will know from the real world (Jump to section)
- Finely-tuned road layouts and true-to-life signage
- Idaho-specific achievements to unlock (Jump to section)
- 4 October 2018: Oregon DLC was released and features a section of Interstate 84 and US 95 in Idaho near Ontario, Oregon. There are in-game signs notifying truckers at the boundary.
- 7 November 2019: Utah DLC was released and a hidden road sign can be found in Wendover east of US 93 Alternate. The road sign according to the roads and towns is located in Sandpoint.
- 19 December 2019: Idaho is announced as the first state of 2020 in the SCS Christmas Stream , alongside the Steam store page being released.
- 21 January 2020: Blog post about landmark prefabs.
- 11 February 2020: Blog post about Idaho at dawn.
- 3 March 2020: Blog post about signs.
- 24 March 2020: Blog post about potato farms.
- 9 April 2020: Blog post about the North, the South & the Technology.
- 28 April 2020: Idaho license plate and landscapes teased with the launch of the Mack Anthem.
- 5 May 2020: SCS posted a little video on their social medias, thanking the more than 150,000 followers on their Instagram account, and the video shows a rest stop somewhere in Idaho.
- 6 May 2020: SCS posted a little video on their social medias, thanking the more than 250,000 subscribers on their YouTube account, and the video shows the intersection of First and 11th Ave in Nampa, confirming the next city to be fully developed for the DLC.
- 7 May 2020: Blog post about truck stops and traffic lights.
- 19 May 2020: Steam achievements for Idaho are added to SteamDB.
- 21 May 2020: Blog post about logging.
- 26 May 2020: Blog post about gameplay preview from Sandpoint to Lewiston.
- 11 June 2020: Blog post about Boise, the capital and largest city of Idaho.
- 16 June 2020: YouTube user Ai Cave posts a video about Idaho showing new images of Salmon.
- 28 June 2020: Blog post about Craters of the Moon National Monument and gameplay preview from Boise to Grangeville.
- 30 June 2020: Blog post about Idaho's new routes for the Special Transport DLC.
- 8 July 2020: Blog post about the viewpoint feature.
- 10 July 2020: SCS announced the release date of the expansion.
- 16 July 2020: Idaho DLC is released.
Idaho is located in Northwestern region of the United States. It is bordered by Washington and Oregon to the west, Nevada and Utah to the south, Canadian province of British Columbia to the north, and Wyoming and Montana to the east. It has the most rugged terrain in the country, with around 80 recognized mountain ranges.
Geographically, the state can be divided into three regions: the Rocky Mountains, the Columbia Plateau, and the Basin and Range Region.
The Rocky Mountains region extends from the Idaho Panhandle and along the Wyoming border. Home to the deepest gorge in North America, Hells Canyon, the topography of this region is characterized by steep gorges, deep canyons, and swift streams and rivers. The Continental Divide runs through the state in the Bitterroot Mountain Range. The highest mountain in the state, Borah Peak, is located in the Lost River Range, which extends 70 miles.
The Columbia Plateau enters the state at the base of the Idaho Panhandle, and follows the Snake River across southern Idaho. The Snake River Plain extends over a strip of land 20-40 miles on both sides of the Snake River. Potato and sugar beets are grown on this plain.
The Basin and Range Region is in the southeastern region of the state. In the mountainous section of this region, the topography is characterized by deep valleys and grassy plateaus.
The 45th parallel runs through central Idaho between the panhandle and southern Idaho, and it is halfway between the equator and the North Pole.
Idaho observes Mountain Standard Time (MST) year-round except for the Panhandle, which is on Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
The climate of Idaho is greatly influenced by Pacific weather patterns and is diverse. During winters the humidity and precipitation are at the highest. The climate of this region is diverse, with maritime influence being lowest in the southeastern region of the state. The southeastern region has wet summers and dry winters. It is cooler than the west and drier than the north. Tornadoes are very rare and the average annual rainfall varies from region to region.
There are 11 cities in the Idaho Map Expansion.
Cities which are also in the 18 Wheels of Steel games are marked with " * ".
Note: Boise is in italic lettering since it is the state capital of the state of Idaho.
|Boise *||Coeur d'Alene||Grangeville|
Suburbs on this wiki are defined as separate cities in real life that are shown as part of larger cities in-game.
- Eagle (part of Boise)
- Fernan Lake Village (part of Coeur d'Alene)
- Inkom (part of Pocatello)
- Meridian (part of Boise)
- Ponderay (part of Sandpoint)
- Sun Valley (part of Ketchum)
Scenery towns on this wiki are defined as cities or communities that are unmarked on the map.
- Butte City
- Horseshoe Bend
- Lava Hot Springs (currently inaccessible)
- Lower Stanley
- Mountain Home
- New Meadows
- Ovid (currently inaccessible)
- Timmerman Junction
There are four Interstate Highways in Idaho:
|Interstate 15||Interstate 84||Interstate 86||Interstate 90|
Utah - Idaho Falls (US 20)
Oregon - Utah
I-84/US 30 - Pocatello (I-15)
Washington - Coeur d'Alene
There is one inaccessible Interstate Highway:
There are eight US Highways in Idaho:
|US 2||US 12||US 20||US 26|
Washington - Kooskia (SH-13)
Nampa (US 26) - Idaho Falls
Nampa (US 20) - Mountain Home (I-84/US 20/US 30/SH-51); Shoshone; Carey (US 20/US 93) - US 20; Idaho Falls
|US 30||US 91||US 93||US 95|
Oregon - McCammon
Nevada - Shoshone (US 26/SH-75); Carey (US 20/US 26) - Salmon
Oregon - Sandpoint (US 2)
There are nine Idaho State Highways:
Grangeville (US 95) - Kooskia (US 12)
Nevada (SR 225) - Mountain Home (I-84/US 20/US 26/US 30)
Nampa; Meridian (I-84/US 30) - New Meadows (US 95)
Shoshone (US 26/US 93) - Challis (US 93)
There are six inaccessible Idaho State Highways:
US 20/US 26
Ovid (US 89)
Mountain Home (SH-51)
Cambridge (US 95)
Sandpoint (US 2/US 95)
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Achievements
|Gem State||Discover every city in Idaho|
|Grown in Idaho||Complete five deliveries of potatoes from Idaho farms|
|Along the Snake River||Complete perfect deliveries (no damage, no fines, on time) between the following cities: Kennewick - Lewiston; Boise - Twin Falls; Twin Falls - Pocatello; Pocatello - Idaho Falls. Any order or direction counts|
|The Director||View cutscenes of all the sightseeing spots in Idaho|
|45th Parallel||Visit 45th parallel in Idaho - a halfway between the Equator and the North Pole|
Screenshots of the new areas of the Idaho DLC
Screenshots of the new viewpoint feature of the Idaho DLC
Screenshots of truck stops in Idaho
Screenshots of landmark prefabs of the Idaho DLC
- Xmas Special Stream - Recording, 2019-12-19 (accessed 2019-12-19)
- SCS Software, Twitter, 2019-12-19 (accessed 2019-12-19)
- American Truck Simulator: Idaho in Steam Store, 2019-12-19 (accessed 2019-12-19)
- SCS Software, Idaho: Landmark Prefabs, 2020-01-21 (accessed 2020-01-21)
- SCS Software, Dawn over Idaho, 2020-02-11 (accessed 2020-02-11)
- SCS Software, Idaho: Sign Here, Please, 2020-03-03 (accessed 2020-03-03)
- SCS Software, Idaho: Spud Special, 2020-03-24 (accessed 2020-03-24)
- SCS Software, Idaho: The North, The South & The Technology, 2020-04-09 (accessed 2020-04-09)
- SCS Software, The Mack Anthem® has arrived!, 2020-04-28 (accessed 2020-04-28)
- SCS Software, Instagram, 2020-05-05 (accessed 2020-05-05)
- SCS Software, Twitter, 2020-05-06 (accessed 2020-05-06)
- SCS Software, Idaho: The Old Familiar, 2020-05-07 (accessed 2020-05-07)
- American Truck Simulator stats on SteamDB
- SCS Software, Idaho: Check Your Log, 2020-05-21 (accessed 2020-05-21)
- SCS Software, Idaho: Sandpoint to Lewiston Gameplay, 2020-05-26 (accessed 2020-05-26)
- SCS Software, Idaho: Boise, 2020-06-11 (accessed 2020-06-11)
- ATS Idaho DLC: Why I am so EXCITED - NEW in Game Content, 2020-06-16 (accessed 2020-06-17)
- SCS Software, Idaho: Caution! Contents Are Hot, 2020-06-28 (accessed 2020-06-28)
- SCS Software, BIG In Idaho!, 2020-06-30 (accessed 2020-06-30)
- SCS Software, Idaho: Director's Cut, 2020-07-08 (accessed 2020-07-08)
- SCS Software, Idaho: Release Date Announcement, 2020-07-10 (accessed 2020-07-10)
- SCS Software, Idaho Release, 2020-07-16 (accessed 2020-07-16)
|The States of American Truck Simulator|
|Arizona - California - Colorado - Idaho - Nevada - New Mexico - Oregon - Texas - Utah - Washington - Wyoming|
|Cities||Boise - Coeur d'Alene - Grangeville - Idaho Falls - Ketchum - Lewiston - Nampa - Pocatello - Salmon - Sandpoint - Twin Falls
Scenery Towns: Arco - Bellevue - Bruneau - Butte City - Cambridge - Carey - Challis - Ellis - Fruitland - Galena - Hollister - Horseshoe Bend - Kamiah - Kooskia - Lower Stanley - Mackay - McCall - McCammon - Mountain Home - New Meadows - Payette - Shoshone - Stanley - Timmerman Junction - Tollgate - Torreys
|Highways||Interstate 15 - Interstate 84 - Interstate 86 - Interstate 90|
US 2 - US 12 - US 20 - US 26 - US 30 - US 91 - US 93 - US 95
SH-13 - SH-21 - SH-28 - SH-51 - SH-55 - SH-74 - SH-75 - SH-78 - SH-128
|DLCs for American Truck Simulator|
|Map Expansions||Arizona - New Mexico - Oregon - Washington - Utah - Idaho - Colorado - Wyoming (upcoming) - Texas (upcoming)|
|Trailer / Cargo Packs||Heavy Cargo Pack - Special Transport DLC - Forest Machinery|
|Tuning Packs||Wheel Tuning Pack - Steering Creations Pack - Dragon Truck Design Pack - Cabin Accessories - Goodyear Tires Pack|
|Paint Job Packs||Christmas - Classic Stripes - Halloween - Pink Ribbon Charity - Space - Steampunk - Valentines|