Europe is a continent located entirely in the Northern Hemisphere and mostly in the Eastern Hemisphere. It is bordered by the Arctic Ocean to the north, the Atlantic Ocean to the west, and the Mediterranean Sea to the south. It comprises the westernmost part of Eurasia. Europe covers about 10,180,000 square kilometres, or 2% of the Earth's surface (6.8% of land area).
Politically, Europe is divided into about fifty sovereign states. Europe has a total population of 748 million as of 2021 (about 9.5% of the world population).
Europe is also the main settlement of numerous SCS Software games.
Euro Truck Simulator
German and UK Truck Simulator
Europe returns in the sister games of German Truck Simulator and UK Truck Simulator, albeit in a limited form. This time, the map focus on respectively, expanded Germany (and Austria with the Austrian Edition) and the United Kingdom.
Scania Truck Driving Simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Europe is featured one more time in Euro Truck Simulator 2. Despite covering less area (only 12 countries, 6 of them only having partial coverage in the base game), Europe benefits now from a greater realism and an expanded number of cities (69 cities).
Europe was expanded 12 times, expanding some existing countries as well as adding twelve new countries, bringing 279 new cities to the game:
- Going East!: Hungary
- 1.11 update: Graz, Klagenfurt am Wörthersee and Venezia
- Scandinavia: Denmark, Norway and Sweden
- 1.19 update: Pécs and Szeged
- Vive la France!
- 1.33 update: Kapellskär and Travemünde
- Beyond the Baltic Sea: Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania and Russia
- 1.35 update: Sardinia (Added as a free addition for Italia)
- 1.36 update: Corsica (Added as a free addition for Vive la France!)
- Road to the Black Sea: Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey
- 1.40 update: Bayonne and Lacq (Added as a free addition for Vive la France!)
- Iberia: Portugal and Spain
- Heart of Russia (upcoming)