Future Releases Edit
These changes have not yet been added to the game, but are expected to be released in a future update:
- Germany improvements, stage 3
- The remaining 2 French cities reskinned
Update 1.38 (21 July 2020) Edit
- Lille re-skin
- Unique Truck Dealerships
- Special Transport routes in Road to the Black Sea
- Automatic transmission improved (shifting points, adaptive modes)
- Paintable chassis covers for XF Tuning Pack
- New tuning parts added to the FH Tuning Pack
- Roof Horns (standalone mountable accessories)
- Renault Trucks Range T AI vehicles added (4x2, 6x2)
- Visual improvement - procedural ambient occlusion generation (SSAO)
- Route Advisor redesigned
- Navigation ETA to the next waypoint in route adviser and in world map
- Tobii eye tracking presets
- RGB colorpicker redesigned
- Added RGB, HSV and hex inputs
- Predefined color presets
- Update to FMOD 2.01.01
- Individual horn sounds for each truck
- Fixed the retarder sound when the engine is off
- AI - exclusion of gear-shifts for trains and electric vehicles
Update 1.37 (5 May 2020) Edit
- 4 French cities reskinned
- Food tank trailer (ownable)
- Food tank (ownable) for Schwarzmüller DLC
- FMOD implementation with all existing sounds and few improvements
- Openable windows on all trucks (featuring FMOD)
- AI movement and sound behavior improved (featuring FMOD)
- Walking camera in truck or trailer configuration screen (plus new garage scene)
- Added technical inspection of vehicles on mandatory weigh stations (illegal trailer, damaged vehicle).
- Added progressive speeding fines.
- Updated hi-res loading screen pictures
- Color feedback support for ASUS ROG Strix (ASUS Aura Ready)
Tobii Eye Tracking Edit
- Eye-tracking pause key function fixed
- Automatic eye-tracking pause while the game is paused/in UI
- Settings hotkey visibility in UI
- Ingame sounds completely reimplemented for FMOD
- Engine power range data (instead of boost value)
- Exhaust gas temp gauge animation
- AI data tweak (engine power instead of torque and gearbox, vehicle_mass override for trailers)
Update 1.36 (3 December 2019) Edit
- Avoidance navigation pins
- New AI vehicles
- Drivers / Trucks / Trailer visible on manager maps
- DX11 full support (DX9 removed)
- Chinese and other non-Latin character input (IME)
- Anti-aliasing improvements (SMAA, electrical wires)
- Improved Tobii support and configuration page
- Sun profile changes (HDR)
- LP changes for AI (data-driven types, background texture data)
- Dash display UI elements (digital gauges, fuel consumption bar)
- Map editor history (undo/redo)
- Continuous selection of nodes
Update 1.35 (5 June 2019) Edit
- Germany improvements, stage 2 (base game)
- New French roads: A10-A6 (Vive La France DLC) and A6-N44 (base game)
- Sardinia island (Italia DLC)
- Scandinavian signage improvements (Scandinavia DLC)
- New special transport routes (various DLCs)
- Purchased container trailers
- Purchased logging trailers
- Browse purchased trailers & accessories
- Double trailers in Germany and Netherlands
- Krone Boxliner for 40ft or 2x20ft containers (Krone DLC)
- Purchased Schwarzmüller reefer, curtain and log trailers; also AI traffic (Schwarzmüller DLC)
- Adjust purchased trailers without service visit (extendable trailer, sliding tandem)
- Copy truck/trailer configuration across fleet
- Wiper settings improved
Main Features Edit
- Renault T
- GPS Voice navigation
- Use your own purchased trailers in External Contracts (WoTR)
- Online garage purchase
- Emergency refuelling service
- Input improvements (Steam controller support, Tobii eye tracker support, controller hotplug support, better FF on Linux)
- Razer Chroma support (RGB)
- New options: truck stability, truck suspension, cabin suspension, dual-localization of names in map
- Faster job generation for hired drivers
- Lots of new drivers to hire
- Experimental DX11 support
- Curve item (new editor item)
- Walker/mover item improvement
- Multiple LODs for models
- Modded trucks support (in-game function)
- Traffic data improvement
- Vehicle data improvement (COG, wipers, transmission names, bracers sound)
- Randomized cargo model (eg. container color)
Update 1.34 (8 February 2019) Edit
Main Features Edit
- MAN TGX Euro 6
- Timezone areas fixed - Kaliningrad area, RU (Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC required)
- New flags added to the National Window Flags DLC
- Many little map fixes and world polish added
Mod Alert Edit
- As with any update, due to the changes, a number of mods may need some work to catch up!
Update 1.33 (26 November 2018) Edit
Main Features Edit
- Buyable HCT (High Capacity Transport) double trailers (Finland only, Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC required)
- Buyable double flatbed trailers (Scandinavia DLC or Beyond The Baltic Sea DLC required)
- Buyable container and brick trailers (flatbed variants) and cargo market
- Buyable Krone Boxliner (Krone DLC required)
- Steam cloud based profiles
- Reusable truck and trailer configuration templates
- Physics improvements (suspension, damping, braking, COGs)
- Rain drops behavior on glass improved
- Music shuffling
- Country and city name localization settings
- g_disable_beacons (0/1/2) - for people having issues with blinking lights
- Two new port cities added - Kapellskär in Sweden and Travemünde in Germany
Mod Alert Edit
- Due to the number of changes, most mods will need some work to catch up!
Update 1.32 (17 September 2018) Edit
Main Features Edit
- Trailer ownership
- Updated part of Germany map
- Major UI changes (Main menu, Company Management screens, Dealerships, etc.)
- B-double type trailers added
Minor Changes Edit
- Job filters redesign
- Some of the old trailers discarded and redesigned
- Scania 2016 added to AI traffic
- Lighting improvements (sync with ATS)
- Power/airlines on AI trucks added (optional)
- Rendering speedup
- Option for automatic parking brake - disabled by default
- The speed limit in France dropped to 80 KPH on some roads
- Passerby models improved
Mod Alert Edit
- Completely redesigned trailer-cargo logic (cargo data, trailer data, economy, etc.). Most mods will need some work to catch up!
Update 1.31 (14 May 2018) Edit
Main Features Edit
- Power/air lines between truck and trailer(s)
- Improved mirror rendering (head position-based FOV, properly curved mirrors)
- Random road events
- Mighty Griffin Tuning Pack compatible to Scania R and S & 8x4 truck chassis
- Added routes for Special Transport DLC
Minor Changes Edit
- Job selection screens have new filter and cargo search elements.
- UK trailers are not a standalone vehicle for license plates anymore
- Parking brake automatically ON after truck spawn (g_park_brake_init)
- Screenshot name format now based on date and time
- Increased precision trip data (dashboard computer display)
- Faster gear shifting for new opticruise transmissions
- Fixed/updated LP in various countries (Belgian, Norway, Polish, Czech)
- Fixed torque converter locking
- Fixed damaged predefined trucks in dealers and quick jobs
- Fixed trailer damage reporting
- Fixed HDR interpolation
- New terrain brushes in the map editor
- Dropped support of the old maps (pre 4.38, due to brushes)
- A trailer could be registered as standalone or not
- Variable shift length
- Truck dealer trucks are not on the list anymore, the game reads all units in given directory
- Steerable wheel independent on wheel model
- Dropped support for old attributes
Update 1.30 (1 December 2017) Edit
Main Features Edit
- Rework of northern Italy
- Overhaul of navigation algorithms
- Time zones support
- New trucks: Scania S & R 2016
Additional Changes Edit
- ZF-16 transmission supporting upcoming DLC for all trucks that missed similar one
- Map fitted to correct projection (more exact environment behavior), map panning option
- Multi-torque engines support (used in DAF engines 2017)
- Basic engine and transmission info in quick job truck tooltip
- Trailers with country restrictions are towed only to services in given countries
- Further polish to DAF, Volvo, and SCANIA trucks
- Tons of map tweaks and fixes in the base map and older map DLCs
- New luxury yacht cargo
Tools / Mod Access Edit
- New interactive tool for environmental lighting and weather setting (included in the editor)
- New interactive tool for traffic behavior and rules debugging (included in the editor)
- New scene preview tool (included in the editor)
- New navigation parameters in map data
- Assistance service parameters in economy data
- Truck scale weight costs in economic data
Update 1.29 (N/A) Edit
Version number was skipped.
Update 1.28 (17 August 2017) Edit
Main Features Edit
- Double trailers (only available in Scandinavia)
- Background screen options
- Changed light look on the player's truck and AI vehicles
- Added facelifted version of DAF XF Euro 6
Minor Changes Edit
- Auxiliary brakes system support (engine brake and retarder in one control element)
- Fixed licence plate change in states/countries where no city formats exist
- Fixed brake vs parking brake behavior
- Fixed tire noise of silent tires
- Retarder improvement (better cruise control behavior, no braking with throttle, icon when moving only)
- Steam Inventory support to allow for distributing rewards from upcoming World of Trucks events
Update 1.27 (23 March 2017) Edit
Main Features Edit
- Liftable Trailer Axles
- Added country specific AI police cars
- Differential Lock
- Adaptive transmission modes (power, normal, eco)
- Improved engine simulation model (friction, braking, consumption)
Minor Changes Edit
- Volvo with Allison gearbox can shift up over 4 gears.
- Air pressure simulation improved (pressure buildup, cut-off sound, application pressure).
- Coin sound tweaked.
- FOV range increased to 40-120 degrees in adjuster.
- Engine brakes set to 3 positions (as most current trucks have). One-key-hold control will use full strength still.
- If engine brake toggle input is not assigned, increase/decrease engine brake inputs work similar to retarder (in range from 0 to maximum).
- Multiple fueling points on gas stations.
- g_force_economy_reset flag is disabled after economy reset.
- Transmission input shaft simulation (double clutch).
- Single "overrides" (forced default) rule can be used instead of defaults-suitable rule pair across linked accessories.
- All pressure units set consistently to bars (data, animation, dashboard UI).
- Nominal air_tank_pressure value added to chassis data.
- Changed interior animations: all air, oil and brake pressure (gauges, indicators).
- New interior animation: trailer axle lift (indicator), differential lock (button, indicator).
- New engine data: resistance_torque (measured at 2000rpm).
- Coin sound made moddable in the same way as other sounds (through ogg file).
Update 1.26 (29 November 2016) Edit
Main Features Edit
- Old parts of France were reworked
- New transmissions for All Trucks
- Upgrade Shop & Truck Browser Search Tool
Minor Changes Edit
- Adjustable interior FOV per truck
- Added parking difficulty (preset option included)
- Truck repair/refuel performed by hired driver costs money, included in logs
- Added informational dialog showing when game detects upgrade or downgrade
- Added pounds + short tonnes as weight unit option
- Better trailer air pressure simulation
- Low air warning should only be active with running engine
- Revised rolling resistance computations
- Hired driver use the very same formulas for eco skill as the player
- Changed map parameters (climate_profile, map_data)
- Moddable interior camera zoom parameters. (speed, factor)
- 1 degree rotation on Ctrl + R, 90 degree rotation on Home
- Merged editable sign and sign dialog
- Refresh sign template and its model from content browser
- Added letter-spacing to sign editor
- Store content browser navigation history
- Support for day/nigh effect switching and child hookups for lod_model_hookup_u
Update 1.25 (7 September 2016) Edit
Main Features Edit
- Completely revamped DAF XF.
- Trailer selection added.
- Customizable steering wheel position added.
- 8 new paint jobs with an ingame companies design added.
- Cruise control is not disabled by the throttle anymore
- You can bind the key for zoom in Options → Key and buttons → Camera controls → Zoom interior camera now.
- Option to set preferred job length generation added.
- Option to set split shifting input added.
- More unit display options (volume, consumption).
- Low air warning sound added.
- Steering wheels are now a separate model with a default and exclusive version for each truck
- Six different Steering Knobs added.
- Separated map_data.sii from game_data.sii.
- Look_presets_defaults in interior camera.
- Changed trailer looks to paint jobs.
Update 1.24 (6 June 2016) Edit
Main Features Edit
- Improved external jobs support in game (direct control, freight market).
- Physically simulated truck and trailer coupling (option).
- Blinker auto off can be disabled (option).
- Speeding highlight can be disabled (option).
- Cabin accessory physics does not require DLC anymore.
- Torque converter simulation greatly improved.
- Automatic transmission behavior improved.
- XInput support added - custom support for XBox controller.
- Added UI support for 4th and 5th controller.
- Gear shift selectors (range, split) now have UI support for position-based switches.
- Scania trucks reworked.
- Unit name fixes, most interior accessory and some other mods need update.
- Damage params moved out from game_data.sii and some more added (including wear and part damage factors).
- Data driven engines (torque curve, rpm limits).
- Force feedback data for XInput added (force_feedback.sii).
- Torque converter physics data added, separated manual clutch data (physics.sii).
- Data change from driven wheel to driven axle.
- Added check for internal camera continuity.
Update 1.23 (11 April 2016) Edit
Key Features Edit
- Traffic offense can be disabled (option)
- Navigation path (red line) can be disabled (option)
- Disable of hidden Route Advisor popups (option)
- Autopark feature can be disabled (option)
- Speeding highlight on Route Advisor
- Improved truck stability during retarder usage
- Smart cruise control can use activated engine brake when no retarder is present
- Advanced shifting simulation
- Real shifter layouts (Scania, Volvo, ZF). To activate them you need to use new profile or remove your custom H-Shifter layouts
- AI improvements
Update 1.22 (15 December 2015) Edit
- World of Trucks Contracts feature - now you are able take jobs from the World of Trucks website
- Tire decals coloring
- Simulated tire grades based on European tire grading system (rolling resistance, wet grip, noise levels)
- The paint shop was integrated into the standard truck configuration
- Improved truck's chassis geometry by adjusting fifth wheel position for most of 6x2, 6x4 chassis's to decrease under steering under full throttle
- When clutch axis is not assigned for H-Shifter transmission, truck will handle clutch itself (much like sequential transmission)
- When shifter layout is named (new attribute "name"), the name string is shown in game for better recognition
- Hired drivers are more efficient when equipped by good truck
- User defined limit for length of generated jobs in the offline economy (g_job_distance_limit)
- User defined LOD distance for pedestrian, traffic and parked cars; multiplier of default distance (g_lod_factor_pedestrian, g_lod_factor_traffic, g_lod_factor_parked)
- Config for disabling "Autoparking" dialogue (g_adviser_auto_parking)
- Config for disabling Route Advisor popups when hidden (g_adviser_keep_hidden)
- Fixing missing world on low-end GPUs on OSX
- Improved physics and stability of trailers (disconnected, parked, AI)
- User defined traffic density, defined by multiplier to default (g_traffic)
- Improved simulation of suspension (leaning in curves or when accelerating/decelerating)
- Improved navigation, lane switching, spawning and obstacle checking
- New sounds for Volvo FH16 Classic
- New sounds for Volvo FH
- Higher resolution textures are used on models in UI screens regardless of the graphics settings
- Redesigned job and time widget on desktop
- Day/night effect switching for movers and walkers
Update 1.21 (30 September 2015) Edit
- Improved reflections in the cabin interior
- Fixed spider paintjob from Halloween DLC missing for some variants of DAF Euro 6 cabin
- Adjusted external interior for Actros 2009
- Added automatically generated Range-Splitter layout for H-Shifter
- Improved compatibility with G29 force-feedback
- Improved sounds of tires and suspension
- Improved sounds for manipulating blinker and brake sticks
- Reduced volume of interior stick noises
- Workaround for missing geometry on low-end Intel GPUs on OSX
- Fixed possible use of incorrect files after switching between profiles with different set of mods
- Corrected vegetation sometimes appearing at wrong places in the map
- The hud mirror switching key (F2) now enumerates all combinations: both off, only far on, both on, only near on
- Improved road collisions
Update 1.20 (1 September 2015) Edit
- Increased traffic density in city areas
- Added 'village area' rule to allow specifying urban area without increased traffic density
- Fixed non-urban speed limit in UK
- Support for spawn_trailer_count attribute of traffic_vehicle_type
- Lower probability of spawning an AI truck without a trailer
- Fixed license plate definitions switched between bus and trailer
- Uses correct wheel position when placing AI trailer wheels on ground
- Fixed rear wheels of AI vehicles not being placed on ground in steep hils
- Fixed vehicles remaining on wrong way lane after avoiding obstacle in some cases
- AI vehicles turn off engine during fueling
- Free camera supports inverted mouse (respects the c_minvert input constant)
- Changed design of road dialog
- Fixed "grave" key not working with some keyboard layouts (e.g. Hungarian)
- Separate snapping of nodes and control points
- Editor shortcut mapped to bezier patch
- Added support for rotation undo for bezier patch control points
- Increased node joining tolerance to fix problems with joining nodes far away from center of the map
- Grid size shortcut changed from Alt+wheel to Ctrl+wheel
- Mercedes Actros 2014: Fixed speedometer in UK variant, Improved interior, Tweaked normal map, Smoothed some hard edges, Shadowcaster tweaks
- Iveco Hiway: Smoother horns
- DAF XF Euro6: Cleanup of the models
- Scania Streamline: DRL
- Fixed UV on bulk cement trailer
- Fixed missing wheels on brick trailer
- Vertex optimizations of AI trucks for DAF Euro6, Man TGX, Scania R
- Volvo: Original sound of blinker on/off, Original sound of wipers, Equalization of gear_air sounds for interior
- Mercedes Actros, Renault Premium: Fixed armrests missing in the exterior view
- Fixed size of wheels
- Particles are not generated for lifted wheels
- Mirror resolution setting is not disabled on high quality
- Longer mirror distances on high and ultra settings
- Enabled support for download of additional hand-picked loading screen images from WoTr. All images can be seen using the "Image Spotlight" feature in "Photo Studio".
- Brake lights activate on slightest pedal touch
- Correct turbo sound used on reverse
- It is possible to use Steam controller-based keyboard for entering search text in mod manager
- Fixed reporting of no-lights offense when driving in rain
- Improved compatibility with Windows XP
Update 1.19 (23 July 2015) Edit
- Hungary expansion - two new cities to the Going East! content: Pécs and Szeged
- Mod Manager
- Manual control for automatic transmission (shifting hints, switch between manual/auto)
- Controls for dashboard navigation map (zoom, turn off)
- Driver controlled trip info stored in truck computer (distance, consumption)
- Editor improvements (see Modding Info)
- Matching truck cabin interior looks shown in exterior view.
- Improved readability of dashboard info in some trucks (computer display, GPS map)
- Added wheel sounds on different surfaces (+ re-balanced sounds)
- Added sounds for sticks and buttons in truck cabin
Update 1.18 (26 May 2015) Edit
- New truck: Mercedes-Benz New Actros
- Mercedes-Benz brand is in the game
- Improved vegetation (prefab vegetation distances, rebalanced vegetation LODs, more settings)
- DRL for Iveco Hi-Way, Mercedes-Benz New Actros, Volvo FH, DAF XF Euro6
- New trailer skins
- Updated radios list
- Support for weather-based pedestrian spawning, support for multiple animations
- Over a thousand minor fixes in world models and in the map
Update 1.17 (4 May 2015) Edit
- New weather and lighting setup
- New sounds for DAF XF Euro 6
- New drivers, new driver art
- Tires and rims turned into independent accessories
- Added six-wheeled chassis for both Renault Magnum and Premium
- Better support for retina displays (OSX)
- Traffic AI behavior improvements
- Improved engine performance and stability
- Improved support for multi-monitor systems
Update 1.16 (28 January 2015) Edit
- 64-bit build
- New large truck dealer / showroom
- Truck fixes: shadows in Scania R, Scania Streamline, Volvo FH16 2012, Renault Magnum 2009 + sideskirts; mirror in MAN TGX, Renault Premium holes and collision
- Paintjob fixes: Raven for DAF, MAN, Heavy Duty
- Cargo: removed Christmas Gifts, fixed car transporter, fixed helicopter texture and straps
- Reduced stalling: bigger memory pool in 64-bit builds, better memory handling, delayed shadow loading, random look selection, sound accessories
- Improved memory management on 32-bit OS
- Fixed free roam check in the Careerist achievement
- Map fixes
Update 1.15 (16 December 2014) Edit
- New Exclusive interior for DAF Euro 6
- New sounds for Scania 6 cylinder engines
- New sounds for Iveco Highway and Iveco Stralis
- Support for different dashboard computer back-light colors
- Showroom updates:
- New interface for showrooms
- New showroom interior
- New look for small truck dealers
- Significantly faster autosaving
- Gameplay improvements:
- Interior camera motion feature - camera can now simulate movements of the player's body and motion of the truck seat
- Smart cruise control - retarder will now be used automatically
- Trailer brake
- Support for second reverse gear for custom H-Shifter layouts
- Support for Holiday Special content
Update 1.14 (11 November 2014) Edit
- New truck: DAF XF Euro 6
- Added three new 6-wheeled chassis for (almost) all trucks
- Substantial data fixes in most chassis
- Liftable axles
- Speed limit shown on dashboard GPS
- Truck browser shows all upgrades and their level requirements
- Increased damage for overturned vehicles
- Higher penalties for damaged cargo (both xp and money)
- Camera rotation based on steering and blinkers
- Traffic improvement
Steam and online services Edit
- Steam Rich Presence: job information in "View Game Info" in the Steam friends list
- Screenshot images contain additional metadata (game state, vehicle, camera)
- Upload your World of Trucks profile truck from the in-game Screenshot Manager
- New cargo definition structure
- Per-sector weather climate profiles
- Goto console command now accepts city names or their fragments (eg "goto aber" teleports camera to Aberdeen)
Update 1.13 (3 October 2014) Edit
- Steam achievements (available only in the Steam version, activate the game in the Steam client to obtain them)
- Added functionality to unbind keys/buttons/axes in game ui
- Added cruise control grid option
- Cruise control speed limited to truck speed limit speed (if enabled)
- Quickload and quicksave
- Bindable keys/buttons for increasing and decreasing of radio volume
- Fixed speed limits in some countries (Belgium, France, Poland, Slovakia)
- Fixed license plate generation in some cities (Graz, Klagenfurt, Ostrava)
Update 1.12 (14 August 2014) Edit
- Added truck and trailer browsers
- Added support for color balance&saturation tweaks to the photo mode
- Added support for camera roll to the photo mode
- Added cargo group filter to the job selection screens (e.g. in top left corner of the screen). Requires new attributes we added to game_data.sii so if you have a modded version without those attributes, it will not work.
- Added missing straps texture
- Better messages are shown when removable DLC is missing instead of using the message originally intended for MODs
- Enabling news on the profile page using the "Enable news" button will also load them
- Fixed visualization of the initially selected button on the mirrors adjuster
- Fixed speed limits in UK
- Fixed calculation of vehicle bounding box
- Fixed crash in delivery log if city is missing as result of mod removal
- Game will try to fix game time when it is too far behind during game load as the result of use of the MP mod
- Workaround for possible hang in the truck configurator in profile which was broken by the MP mod
- Set cargo weights for AI trailers
- Removed calcium cargo
- Removed reference to non-existing animation
- Updated localization
- Updated credits
Update 1.11 (28 July 2014) Edit
- 3 new cities: Venice, Graz, and Klagenfurt with a lot of new kilometers to explore
- Seat Adjustment feature
- Several months of tweaks of car AI code
- Re-designed radio player for with additional sorting and filtering options
- New Cruise control features
- Displaying current road speed limit in Route Advisor (disable, or switch car or truck specific limits in options)
- Complete UI facelift
- Support for sway bar simulation
- Refined the truck suspension for more control over truck and trailer stability
- Recalculated the center of gravity of each cargo (more individual behavior of the whole rig)
- Controls to adjust trailer stability in options
- Improve collisions of player's truck and AI vehicles
- Re-created all scratch and crash sounds in the game
- Equalized the sound volume of in-cabin engine sounds and external engine sounds for all trucks
- More realistic timing for the air brake sound
- Retarder indicator is lit during automatic retarder usage
- Ability to sell a garage
- Ability to relocate your headquarters to another city
If you wish to read the full list of changes for the 1.11 update, you can do it here.
Update 1.10 (19 May 2014) Edit
- Support for metallic paint jobs
- Fixed possible rare hang or crash
- Physics parameters of the fifth wheel are configurable in physics.sii
- Updated accessories to support paint jobs
- Corrected speed limits in Austria, Belgium and Germany
- Tweaked prices and unlock levels of some accessories
- Fixed acceleration of traffic
- Tweaked accessories of traffic trucks (badges, mirrors and sunshields)
- Fixed various bugs in truck and trailer models
Update 1.9 (25 March 2014) Edit
- Brand new traffic AI system;
- Oculus Rift support (with the -oculus launch option - this will be improved in the future), now also in the retail version;
- Early support for gamepad-controlled mouse cursor;
- Improved handling of automatic gearbox (more gears, interaction with cruise control);
- Improved compatibility with semi-broken prefabs used in mods;
- Improved error handling in radio playback;
- Updated defaults for the Xbox 360 controller in the input wizard to provide a better initial experience.
- Scania Streamline improvements (model, textures, paint jobs, new parts and accessories) - you may need visit truck dealer and re-purchase some parts;
- Volvo FH16 improvements (interior, wipers, shadows);
- Iveco Hi-way improvements (dashboard computer, shadows);
- Paintjobs are properly applied on add-ons in interior views;
- Map improvements.
- V8 engine sounds for Scania R and Scania Streamline.
Update 1.8 (9 December 2013) Edit
- Fixed crash with new Volvo in UK
- All-new Scania Streamline truck model
Update 1.7 (24 October 2013) Edit
- Fixed crash on freight market when too many jobs were generated (mods only)
- Fixed rare crash that sometimes happened with air horn usage
- Fixed incorrect trailer placement when automatic parking was used in Trameri Warszaw
- Fixed engine displacement volumes for Volvo and Iveco
- All new Volvo FH and FH16 truck model
Update 1.6 (16 October 2013) Edit
- Fixed crash when a truck uses addons from removed mods
- Increased length of input in UI related to World of Trucks accounts
- World of Trucks site launched
- Photo Studio - includes Photo-mode and Screenshot Manager allowing upload of your best screenshots to World of Trucks
- Online profiles - ability to connect your profile to your World of Trucks account
- New Iveco Stralis Hi-Way sounds recorded from actual truck
- Individual air-horn sounds
- Realistic fuel consumption option
- Adaptive automatic transmission option
- Shorter jobs generation probability increased
- License plate changes fixed
Update 1.5 (19 September 2013) Edit
- Minimum requirement for Going East! DLC
- Truck interiors appropriate for selected cabin type
- Several new cars in the AI traffic
- Lot of map tweaks especially in German/Poland area
- Improved upgrade shop (addons and wheels handling, interiors) - you may encounter unexpected changes when shop is fixing your truck state
- Fixed pedestrians disappearing
- Fixed driver logs
- Polished automatic gearbox logic
- Consumption gauge and air pressure screen on Scania dashboard
- Hazard warning made independent of blinkers
- Steering sensitivity slider range increased (both directions)
- Steering non-linearity properly used with mouse
- Added rumble stripe sound check-box so that it's possible to switch it off
Update 1.4 (9 July 2013) Edit
- Improved resistance to some kinds of mod conflicts
- Added g_prefab_replace command simplifying rename of prefabs.
- Fixed issues with advisor after teleport.
- Fixed several possible instabilities.
- Fixed positioning of some company trailers.
- License plate system corrections
- Interior animation fixes
- Fixes to several tuning parts acting incorrectly
- Improvements in memory system for better stability under heavy load
- Traffic lights system fixes
- All new truck Iveco Stralis Hi-Way with tuning upgrades
- Volvo: Fixed position of lights on the front grill, animations fixes, dashboard fixes, added oil indicator
- DAF: fixed speed gauge display in UK trucks, fixed exhaust
- Majestic: Fixed disappearing of the doorsteps
- Renault: Fixed blinkers
- Man: Fixed material issues
- Fixed wrong lod on flat bed trailer
- Overweight trailer: Fixed position of wheel and mudguards
- Cistern trailer: Fixed position of wheel and mudguards
- Log trailer: Added front white lights
- Fix shadow casters for some upgrades
- AI cars: the lamps are visible from greater distance at night
- Fixed shader issues with auxilary lights for all trucks
- Reworked force feedback feature
- Engine torque simulation improvements. Idle throttle and clutch changes.
- Many new physical properties added to the simulation model. All dashboard gauges are simulation based now
- There is config variable in console "g_pedal_clutch_range", that can tweak clutch pedal active area length. Range is 0.1 to 1.0 (default value is 1.0)
- Fuel consumption during engine idle fixed
- Vehicle telemetry information is available to third-party applications using a first version of ETS2 Telemetry SDK. Pilot testing with kind help of [www.fanaleds.com]
- The speed limiter can be now disabled in Options screen.
- Redesigned Job Market's job listing to be able scroll through all jobs
- Added Advisor warning messages related to retarder, parking brake and air pressure warnings are not shown when gear is set to neutral.
- Added new optional control scheme where steering, accelerator and brakes can all be controlled by mouse
- Ferry route length displayed in the job selection.
- Loan installments are properly rounded up and displayed, improved timing of loan payments
- Upgrade shop does not automatically discard everything with change of cabin/chassis. Only non-compatible accessories are removed
- There is config variable in console "g_income_factor", that can lower job income of you and your drivers for more challenge. Range is 0.0 to 1.0 (default value is 1.0)
- World map can be closed by same key that opens it (default key M)
- Fixed navigation lines on UK variant roundabout
- Hundreds map fixes, tweaking and prettyfications
- A2 highway completed (as in real life 2 lane highway) including tollgates
- New road leading south from Szczecin in Poland
- Fix - added some no-weather areas placed under some bridges to avoid rain appearing there
- Wrongly set border between France and Belgium fixed
- Grass, terrains and rocks intersecting walls of some tunnels fixed
- Tons of other minor map fixes
- Prefabs tweaking (improved AI flow somewhat, major AI rewrite is coming later)
- Less steep quarry prefab to lessen weaker engine trucks having problems when going uphill
- New small tollgates in Poland on A2 road
- Fixed animations of various pedestrians
- Asynchronous loading smoothes speed of resource loading, reducing overall lag and "spikes" for more even framerate
- It is possible to skip the intro animation using a -nointro parameter
- Fixed garage name in player truck relocation UI
- Rain probability in both corner values ensures infinite weather duration
- Weather can change after time fast forward
- The save slot selection is shown after profile selection if there was problem with automatic load
- There is config variable in console "s_rumble_enabled", that can enable/disable sound of rumble stripes on the roads
- Increased range of non-linearity slider in controller option screen
- Fix potential crash related to recent Nvidia Optimus drivers changes
- Added more job-start autosaves
- Improved robustness to mod removals
- Improved behavior of input wizard
- Improved efficiency of memory pool usage
- Renamed game.log and game.crash files to game.log.txt and game.crash.txt
- Improved behavior of non-widescreen resolutions while driving
- Experimental support for triple-monitors. Controlled by r_multimon_mode cvar (0-disabled, 1-wide fov with ui on central monitor, 2 - three separate views). In the three-view mode it is possible to compensate for bezels using r_multimon_border_fov_* cvars
- The game will reset jobs whenever it detects certain changes in data
- Added Georgian language to the game
- Money sound played only on important events
- Air brake sound fixed
- Game will pause when Steam overlay appears
- Steam notifications are positioned on the opposite side of the screen than Route Advisor
- New sector based map format which supports simultaneous modifications by more than one user and local extensions as long they operate in separate sectors.
- Many definition lists (e.g. types of AI trucks) can be now simultaneously extended by more than one mod.
- As result of multiple changes it is now possible to have more than one reverse speed in modded trucks.
Update 1.3 (6 February 2013) Edit
- several safety checks added to improve stability with unofficial game mods created for previous versions of the game
- official licenses from Iveco and Volvo
- ability to change the company name, logo or preferred brand
- retarder (automatic or manual)
- per-profile mod selection (can be overridden using -force_mods command line parameter)
- support local currencies of each country in the game
- gearbox accessory selection
- new online radio stations (now up to 190 stations)
- physics takes into account different weights for trailers and cargos
- Renault Premium upgrades
- Renault Magnum side-skirts are now an optional upgrade
- hired driver log
- hired drivers more likely to find suitable cargo on the way back
- re-hired driver issue fixed
- ferry fee is not charged to player for quick jobs
- UK distances in GPS fixed
- fixed memory leak when playing mp3 files using radio
- improved handling of corrupted save files
- improved resiliency to some types of corruptions caused by mod removal
- fixed cabin blur during rain
- over 200 map changes and fixes
- several German roads thoroughly tweaked and prettyfied
- bump causing damage on German A3 fixed
- powerline columns in the middle of the road removed
- gas station in Bremen
- AI curves fixing on some prefabs
- increased vertex buffer sizes to improve game stability with more detailed vehicle models
- Product Key verification step added, only genuine keys in good standing accepted as of version 1.3+
Update 1.2 (14 November 2012) Edit
- ETS2 is available on Steam
- DAF - added as new licensed truck brand
- added command line parameter -nodx9ex which disables extended DX9 interfaces for compatibility with Xfire
- support for Unicode characters
- support for Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Bulgarian
- enter your name in profile with non-ASCII characters
- better automatic save/load system
- fixes in registration plates for SK, NL, FR, I, S, BE, A
- recreated lamps illumination of all trucks, trailers and AI vehicles
- readjusted fatigue simulation
- new gearboxes for each truck
- adjusted steering
- over two hundred individual map fixes and prettyfications, fixed weather areas, added new lamps to prefabs
- several inaccessible roads removed from navigation system
- bus added as AI vehicle in traffic
- improvements of AI handling on prefabs - speed, acceleration, and braking
- decreased Valiant dashboard brightness
- route advisor's "running line" corrected
- added extra tier to progress history - progress is shown up to level 150 now
- skill screen doesn't pop up on level up anymore if there are no skill points available
- rain probability slider added to Options
- truck braking intensity slider added to Options
- subtle improvements in HDR tonemapping
Update 1.1 (22 October 2012) Edit
- Improved handling of fatigue.
- Stopping of advisor lines fixed.
- Some potentially crashing issues fixed.
- Hazard warning indicators are working with engine off.
- Improved vehicle maneuverability.
- Improved HDR tonality.
- Cruise control disables on any action of the driver.
- Fixed sunshafts missing with MLAA enabled in some situations.
- Dynamic force feedback disabled when the game is paused.
- Truck license plate management corrected.
- Missing money in UK variant of "lite" Route Advisor fixed.
- Wrong dashboard cruise control symbols corrected.
- Wrong handling of double click on certain UI elements fixed.
- Missing AI traffic on some low-end setups fixed.
- Missing load/save screenshots for long profile names fixed.
- Random trailer disappearing after truck upgrade fixed.
- Missing navigation route after truck upgrade fixed.
- Parking bonus is awarded correctly.
- Total job distance computation corrected.
- Fixed sound bursts of the environment-placed sounds.
- Parking brake stick animation updated after setting value.
- Map: signs tweaking, AI speed tweaking on some problem spots.
- Fixed Majestic windshield wipers.
OFFICIAL RELEASE Edit
- ETS2 game keys can now activate the game
- ↑ Game updates on SCS Forums, 2018-11-10 (accessed 2018-11-10)
- ↑ SCS Software, ETS2 1.38: Lille Reskin, 2020-06-20 (accessed 2020-06-26)
- ↑ SCS Software, ETS2 1.38: Road to the Black Sea - Special Transport Addition, 2020-06-09 (accessed 2020-06-09)
- ↑ SCS Software, Under the Hood: Explaining SSAO, 2020-07-05 (accessed 2020-07-30)
- ↑ SCS Software, ETS2 1.37 - Rework of French Cities, 2020-02-04 (accessed 2020-02-04)
- ↑ SCS Software, FMOD: First Tease, 2020-02-18 (accessed 2020-02-18)
- ↑ SCS Software, Corsica, 2019-10-11 (accessed 2019-10-11)
- ↑ SCS Software, Revisiting Germany Vol. 2, 2019-04-23 (accessed 2019-04-23)
- ↑ SCS Software, New Road Connections, 2019-04-15 (accessed 2019-06-05)
- ↑ SCS Software, Sardinia, 2019-04-18 (accessed 2019-06-05)
- ↑ SCS Software, Renault Trucks T Range, 2019-09-26 (accessed 2019-09-26)
- ↑ SCS Software on Twitter, 2018-08-02 (accessed 2018-08-02)
- ↑ SCS Software, Baltic Ports, 2018-11-21 (accessed 2018-11-26)
- ↑ SCS Software, Update 1.32 Appetizer: Trailer Ownership, 2018-08-02 (accessed 2018-08-02)
- ↑ SCS Software, Revisiting Germany, 2018-05-23 (accessed 2018-06-23)
- ↑ SCS Software, Steam Workshop support coming!, 2016-02-25 (accessed 2019-07-17)
- ↑ SCS Software, Euro Truck Simulator 2 Update 1.23 in Open Beta Now!, 2016-03-14 (accessed 2019-07-17)
- ↑ SCS Software, Ultimate Wheel Customization, 2016-03-03 (accessed 2019-07-17)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.