Trucks are together with the map the most important feature of Euro Truck Simulator 2. There are 7 truck manufacturers and 18 different models, all of which can be upgraded in service shops.
|DAF XF105||Space, Space Cab Plus, Super Space||360 hp (265 kW) – 510 hp (375 kW) Euro 4||ZF, Allison||October 19, 2012 (launch release)|
|DAF XF Euro 6||Space, Space Aero, Super Space||370 hp (270 kW) – 530 hp (390 kW) Euro 6||ZF, Allison||November 11, 2014|
|DAF 2021||XF, XG, XG+||367 hp (270 kW) – 530 hp (390 kW)||ZF||June 10, 2021 (as XG and XG+)|
December 14, 2021 (as XF 2021)
|Iveco Stralis||Active Space, Active Super, Active Space Super||310 hp (228 kW) – 560 hp (412 kW) Euro 4||ZF, Allison||October 19, 2012 (launch release)|
|Iveco Stralis Hi-Way||Hi-Way||310 hp (228 kW) – 560 hp (412 kW) Euro 6||ZF, Allison||July 9, 2013|
|MAN TGX||XL, XLX, XXL||320 hp (235 kW) – 680 hp (500 kW) Euro 4||ZF, Allison||October 19, 2012 (launch release)|
|MAN TGX Euro 6||XL, XLX, XXL||360 hp (265 kW) – 640 hp (471 kW) Euro 6||TipMatic, ZF, Allison||February 8, 2019|
|Mercedes-Benz Actros||Low Roof Sleeper, High Roof Sleeper, MegaSpace||320 hp (235 kW) – 598 hp (440 kW) Euro 4||PowerShift, Allison||October 19, 2012 (launch release)|
|Mercedes-Benz New Actros||StreamSpace, BigSpace, GigaSpace||421 hp (310 kW) – 625 hp (460 kw) Euro 6||PowerShift, Allison||May 26, 2015|
|Renault Magnum||Excellence||440 hp (323 kW) – 520 hp (382 kW) Euro 5||Optidriver, ZF, Allison||October 19, 2012 (launch release)|
|Renault Premium||Normal Roof, High Roof||380 hp (280 kW) – 460 hp (338 kW) Euro 5||Optidriver, ZF, Allison||October 19, 2012 (launch release)|
|Renault T||Sleeper, High Sleeper||380 hp (279 kW) – 520 hp (382 kW) Euro 6||Optidriver, Optidriver Xtended, Allison||September 26, 2019|
|Scania R 2009||Normal, Highline, Topline||360 hp (265 kW) – 730 hp (537 kW) Euro 5/6||Opticruise, Scania GA867||October 19, 2012 (launch release)|
|Scania Streamline||Normal, Highline, Topline||360 hp (265 kW) – 730 hp (537 kW) Euro 5/6||Opticruise, Scania GA867||December 9, 2013|
|Scania R||Normal Roof, High Roof||370 hp (272 kW) – 730 hp (537 kW) Euro 6||Opticruise, Scania GA867||December 1, 2017|
|Scania S||Normal Roof, High Roof||370 hp (272 kW) – 730 hp (537 kW) Euro 6||Opticruise, Scania GA867||December 1, 2017|
|Volvo FH16 2009||Sleeper, Globetrotter, Globetrotter XL||420 hp (309 kW) – 750 hp (551 kW) Euro 5||I-Shift, Allison||October 19, 2012 (launch release)|
|Volvo FH16 2012||Sleeper, Globetrotter, Globetrotter XL||420 hp (309 kW) – 750 hp (551 kW) Euro 5/6||I-Shift, Allison||October 24, 2013|
Every truck brand in Euro Truck Simulator 2 offers at least two or more base models (as of Update 1.34). Every model has a series of options that can be upgraded by the player's choice. As you increase in level, higher tier upgrade options become available. Normally, a truck can be upgraded with the options below:
Upgrading Types and Options:
- Tier 1 Cabin - Small overall size (eg. Sleeper (Volvo); Normal (Scania) )
- Tier 2 Cabin - Medium overall size (eg. Globetrotter (Volvo); Highline (Scania) )
- Tier 3 Cabin - Large overall size (eg. Globetrotter XL (Volvo); Topline (Scania) )
- Chassis (slightly affects stability and turning radius, but upgrade means lower fuel tank capacity)
- 4x2 (four wheels with a steerable front axle and a powered rear axle -- has the tightest turn radius)
- 6x2 (six wheels with a steerable front axle, a middle axle, and a powered rear axle -- has a poor turn radius)
- 6x2/4 (six wheels with a steerable front axle, a steerable middle axle, and a powered rear axle -- has a slightly poorer turn radius than 4x2 but better than 6x2)
- 6x2/4 Midlift (six wheels with a steerable front axle, a steerable, liftable middle axle, and a powered rear axle -- turn radius unaffected by lift state)
- 6x2 Rear Taglift (six wheels with a steerable front axle, a powered middle axle, and liftable rear axle -- when rear wheels are up, has a better radius then 6x2 but slightly worse than 4x2, when down similar to 6x2)
- 6x4 (six wheels with a steerable front axle and two powered rear axles -- has a poor turn radius but is otherwise similar to 6x2)
- 8x4 (eight wheels with a steerable front axle, a steerable middle axle and two powered rear axles -- has the poorest turn radius, but recommended for Heavy Cargo Pack & Special Transport DLC)
- Motors (see above)
- Transmission (the R series include a retarder which prevents the truck from accelerating too much down the hill and is seen as an "R" on the dashboard when activated)
- Interior Design
- Standard / Privilege (has a built-in GPS on the Mercedes-Benz New Actros, DAF XF Euro 6, Volvo FH16)
- Standard UK / Privilege UK (Right-side steering wheel and speedometer showing miles per hour (mph) )
- Exclusive / Trust Edition / Excellence / Route 66 (has built-in GPS except in both Renault and Mercedes-Benz Actros)
- Exclusive UK / Trust Edition UK / Excellence UK / Route 66 UK (Right-side steering wheel, has built-in GPS except in both Renault and Mercedes-Benz Actros)
- Exclusive V8 (Scania only, has built-in GPS)
- Exclusive V8 UK (Scania only, Right-side steering wheel, has built-in GPS)
- Paint Colors (Own truck factory paint jobs)
- Wheels (including rims, covers, nuts, and hubs)
- Door handles
- Front/Top Grills and lights / air horns supporters
- Bull Bars
- Interior (Interior view, custom license plates can be placed in the windshield, also used for interior customization mods)
Service Shops can be found in most cities in Euro Truck Simulator 2. They can be visited at anytime to repair truck damage, buy upgrades for the truck, or even to apply a new paint job.
In a designated group of cities, the Service Shop can be adjacent to a large Truck Dealership. However, some cities are also an exception - having a Service Shop and a Dealership, in two individual locations.
Damage is dealt when you collide with an object (sign, wall, barrier, AI car). It also accumulates while driving normally. This happens because the parts wear down in use, so regular maintenance is recommended even if you drive safely.
Damage is not visually simulated in the truck. It is simulated mechanically, however. Damage is simulated in five different parts - tires, cabin, chassis, engine and gearbox. Engine and gearbox damage affect truck performance as less power can be utilized with greater damage and certain gears may stop working. Chassis affects truck suspension, making it more liable to tip during hard turns. The cabin houses, the truck electrics, and increased damage leads to electrical failures in the truck. Finally, tires affect traction and handling. The more tire damage is accumulated, the worse the handling becomes in wet weather and/or loose surfaces, such as gravel. Increased engine damage also adds a chance of having an engine malfunction - which will cause failures in the truck's battery and engine, and eventually, turn it off permanently if a critical damage percentage is reached.
It can be fixed by visiting a Service Shop, for a fee that will depend on the variety and percentage of damage. Repair prices range anywhere from €1 to €95,000 and tend to cost around €625 (£500) for each 1% of damage.
The player can also choose to call Emergency (via GPS - F7) at any point of the game, even while hauling a delivery. The emergency can transport the truck and cargo to the nearest city's Service Shop. This is useful in case of an unrecoverable crash, critical / total damage percent reached - or simply if the truck ran out of fuel.
Note, however, that Emergency transportation will have a cost that will vary according to the distance of the nearest Service Shop. This transportation will also take time - this means that if the player is hauling a cargo delivery, they will now have less time to deliver it. Another thing to note is that, if the player is hauling external contract cargo, the cargo will be abandoned there and then, and you cannot recover it.
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 Vehicles, a list of all vehicles in ETS2 (also non-playable vehicles)
- American Truck Simulator Trucks
|Euro Truck Simulator
|Majestic Actros - Runner Magnum - Swift R - Valiant FH16|
|Euro Truck Simulator 2
|DAF: XF 105, XF Euro 6, 2021 - Iveco: Stralis, Stralis Hi-Way - MAN: TGX, TGX Euro 6 - Mercedes-Benz: Actros, New Actros - Renault: Magnum, Premium, T - Scania: R 2009, Streamline, R, S - Volvo: FH16 2009, FH16 2012|
Upcoming: MAN: New TGX
|American Truck Simulator
|Freightliner Trucks: Cascadia - International Trucks: LoneStar, LT, 9900i - Kenworth: T680, W900 - Mack Trucks: Anthem - Peterbilt: 389, 579 - Volvo: VNL - Western Star Trucks: 49X|