As its title suggests, Vive la France! (mainly) features France, which was only partially rendered in the original ETS 2 game map. This DLC is a map expansion which covers the rest of France, including 23 cities (15 at release).
- 1 Release History
- 2 Cities
- 3 Industries
- 4 Achievements
- 5 Paint Jobs
- 6 Others
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
- 9 See also
SCS Software first hinted about the DLC in a blog post posted on 25 January 2016. After that, SCS released information about the DLC, at about one blog post per month:
- 25 January 2016: A picture of "Renault T in southern France" is featured in a general blog post.
- 18 February 2016: First dedicated blog post about the DLC.
- 11 March 2016: Blog post about new gas stations.
- 17 April 2016: Blog post about new roundabouts. The name of the expansion was mentioned again, securing its place.
- 10 May 2016: Blog post about nuclear power stations.
- 13 June 2016: Second blog post about roundabouts.
- 8 July 2016: Screenshot of the in-game rendering of the windmill near Les Trois-Moutiers, presented alongside a picture taken during 2016 Tour de France.
- 28 July 2016: Blog post about La Rochelle, which is the first post entirely about a new settlement.
- 31 August 2016: Screenshots of French bridges in the newly-rendered areas.
- 7 October 2016: Blog post about rework of Paris, including a map screenshot.
- 17 October 2016: Five new achievements were added to the Steam platform.
- 27 October 2016: SCS announced, by blog, about having put up a demonstration version of the Vive la France! DLC in Poznań Game Arena 2016. SCS also anticipated the release of the DLC at some time around Christmas 2016.
- 10 November 2016: Update 1.26 Open Beta started (rework of core map France).
- 25 November 2016: A map of the new cities and roads has been published.
- 28 November 2016: SCS announced the release date of the expansion.
- 29 November 2016: Update 1.26 released (rework of core map France).
- 2 December 2016: First Vive la France! Community Videos.
- 5 December 2016: Vive la France! DLC is released.
After the release of the DLC, SCS added new content exclusive to Vive la France! owners on three occasions. All of them bring no extra charges.
- 5 June 2019: On the update 1.35, a new connection is added between A10 over A6 to Reims, with the city of Montargis rendered next to the newly rendered road. The section west of A6 is open to Vive la France! owners only. The connection was first announced in a blog post in April.
- 3 December 2019: On the update 1.36, Corsica is added to the game map for Vive la France! DLC owners. This update was first publicized on 5 March 2019, through a teaser image posted by SCS Community Manager Carthoo on the SCS forum. SCS posted a blog on 11 October 2019, officially announcing the addition.
- 24 March 2021: On the update 1.40, Bayonne and Lacq, along with several new roads is added to the game map for Vive la France! DLC owners. SCS posted a blog on 7 January 2021 officially announcing the addition.
The DLC includes 23 new cities (15 cities in original release, 6 cities in the update 1.36 and 2 cities in the update 1.40) and 5 towns in France, bringing the total to 28:
|Name||First Mentioned on|
|Ajaccio||11 October 2019|
|Bastia||11 October 2019|
|Bayonne||7 January 2021|
|Bonifacio||11 October 2019|
|Bordeaux||25 November 2016|
|Bourges||31 August 2016|
|Brest||31 August 2016|
|Calvi||11 October 2019|
|Clermont-Ferrand||25 November 2016|
|La Rochelle||28 July 2016|
|Lacq||7 January 2021|
|Le Havre||31 August 2016|
|Le Mans||25 November 2016|
|L'Île-Rousse||11 October 2019|
|Limoges||25 November 2016|
|Marseille||25 November 2016|
|Montpellier||25 November 2016|
|Nantes||10 November 2016|
|Nice||25 November 2016|
|Porto-Vecchio||11 October 2019|
|Rennes||13 June 2016|
|Roscoff||25 November 2016|
|Toulouse||25 November 2016|
In the DLC, there are a lot of small villages on the minor roads. See the complete list here.
In addition, SCS re-worked the parts of France already present in the ETS 2 base game, including a "total overhaul of (the) Paris region". SCS had suggested that changes to the existing areas would be entirely visible to truckers not having the DLC loaded.
The DLC also features a total of 20 new industries. The following companies are directly mentioned or have their brand icons shown in materials released by SCS:
|Name||Type||Logo||First Mentioned on/in|
|Bâtisse||Company||7 October 2016|
|BHB La Raffinerie||Chemical Company||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Boisserie Jean-Pierre||Company||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Chimi||Company||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Dans le Jardin||Agricultural Company||26 November 2016|
|Éco||Gas station||11 March 2016|
|FLE||Company||7 October 2016|
|Gallia Ferries||Ferries||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Globeur||Company||7 October 2016|
|Gomme du Monde||Company||26 November 2016|
|Huilant||Company||26 November 2016|
|Lisette Logistics||Company||10 November 2016|
|Marina||Boat Company||28 July 2016|
|MVM Carrière||Company||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Nos Pâturages||Farming Company||26 November 2016|
|Nucléon||Nuclear power station||10 May 2016|
|Port de Conteneur||Port||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Subse||Company||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Voitureux||Company||26 November 2016|
|Wilnet Transport||Company||7 October 2016|
The existing industry types from the base game and Scandinavia are featured in the newly rendered areas as well. For example, it has been hinted that a Marina is present in La Rochelle, while an IKA Bohag depot would be introduced in the re-rendered Paris. There are also depots of the companies BHV, Kaarfor and Tradeaux. More companies such as Eolo Lines, GNT and Renar Logistik were added in the update 1.36 through Corsica island.
- Main article: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Achievements
5 new Steam achievements for Vive la France! DLC have been added on October 17, 2016 and one more new achievement has been added on October 17, 2019.
|Bon Voyage!||Discover all French cities|
|Landmark Tour||Discover following landmarks of France: Carcassonne, Brotonne bridge, Tiger tank, Peyrat-le-Château, Château de Ventadour, Château d'Ussé|
|Go Nuclear!||Deliver cargo to five nuclear plants in France|
|Check-in, Check-out||Deliver cargo to all cargo airport terminals in France|
|Gas must flow!||Deliver diesel, LPG or petrol to all truck stops in France|
|All Around the Isle of Beauty||Discover all Corsican cities|
The Paint Job Dancing in Paris is given to the player once they purchase the Vive la France! DLC.
Screenshots of the new areas of the Vive la France! DLC
Screenshots of the rework of the core map
Screenshots of the road connections in preparation for the Iberia DLC
- SCS Software, Truck Licensing Situation Update, 2016-01-25 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- SCS Software, Vive la France!, 2016-02-18 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- SCS Software, France Sneak Peek, 2016-03-11 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- SCS Software, Expanding Road Infrastructure, 2016-04-17 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- SCS Software, New types of industries in France, 2016-05-10 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- SCS Software, Cool roundabouts in France, 2016-06-13 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- SCS Software, Vive la (Tour de) France, 2016-07-08 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- SCS Software, Images from La Rochelle, 2016-07-28 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- SCS Software, French bridges, 2016-08-31 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- SCS Software, The lights of Paris are on the horizon, 2016-10-07 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- SCS Software, SCS on the Road: PGA 2016, 2016-10-27 (accessed 2016-10-27)
- SCS Software, Open Beta for ETS 2 Update 1.26, 2016-11-10 (accessed 2018-10-14)
- SCS Software, The Roads of Vive La France !, 2016-11-25 (accessed 2016-11-25)
- SCS Software, Vive La France ! Map Expansion Next Week, 2016-11-28 (accessed 2018-10-14)
- SCS Software, ETS2 Update 1.26 Is Now Live!, 2016-11-29 (accessed 2018-10-14)
- SCS Software, First Vive la France ! Community Videos, 2016-12-02 (accessed 2018-10-14)
- SCS Software, "Vive la France !" Available Now!, 2016-12-05 (accessed 2018-10-14)
- SCS Software, Euro Truck Simulator 2 Update 1.35, 2019-06-05 (accessed 2021-01-10)
- SCS Software, New Road Connections, 2019-04-15 (accessed 2021-01-10)
- SCS Software, Euro Truck Simulator 2 Update 1.36, 2019-12-03 (accessed 2019-12-03)
- SCS Software, Corsica, 2019-10-11 (accessed 2019-10-11)
- SCS Software, Euro Truck Simulator 2: 1.40 Release, 2021-03-24 (accessed 2021-03-24)
- SCS Software, Vive la France ! DLC: Iberia Connections, 2021-01-07 (accessed 2021-01-07)
|DLCs for Euro Truck Simulator 2|
|Map Expansions||Going East! - Scandinavia - Vive la France! - Italia - Beyond the Baltic Sea - Road to the Black Sea - Iberia - Heart of Russia (upcoming)|
|Trailer / Cargo Packs||High Power Cargo Pack - Schwarzmüller Trailer Pack - Heavy Cargo Pack - Special Transport DLC - Krone Trailer Pack|
|Tuning Packs||Cabin Accessories - Wheel Tuning Pack - Mighty Griffin Tuning Pack - National Window Flags - Dragon Truck Design Pack - Michelin Fan Pack - Raven Truck Design Pack - XF Tuning Pack - Goodyear Tyres Pack - Actros Tuning Pack - HS-Schoch Tuning Pack - FH Tuning Pack|
|Paint Job Packs||Countries: Australian - Austrian - Belgian - Brazilian - Bulgarian - Canadian - Chinese - Czech - Danish - Dutch - Estonian - Finnish - French - German - Hungarian - Irish - Italian - Japanese - Latvian - Lithuanian - Norwegian - Polish - Portuguese - Romanian - Russian - Scottish - Slovak - South Korean - Spanish - Swedish - Swiss - Turkish - UK - USA
Others: Christmas - Fantasy - Flip - Force of Nature - Halloween - Ice Cold - Lunar New Year - Metallic - Pink Ribbon Charity - Pirate - Prehistoric - Space - Super Stripes - Valentines - Viking Legends