Euro Truck Simulator 2: Vive la France! is a map DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2. It is the third of DLC involving map expansions, with the first two being Going East and Scandinavia respectively. It was released on December 5, 2016.
As its title suggests, Vive la France! (mainly) features France, which was only partially rendered in the original ETS 2 game map. This DLC is a map expansion for France with new 15 cities.
Release History Edit
SCS Software first hinted about the DLC in a blog post posted on 25 January 2016. After that, SCS released information about the DLC, at about one blog post per month:
- 25 January 2016: A picture of "Renault T in southern France" is featured in a general blog post.
- 18 February 2016: First dedicated blog post about the DLC.
- 11 March 2016: Blog post about new gas stations.
- 17 April 2016: Blog post about new roundabouts. The name of the expansion was mentioned again, securing its place.
- 10 May 2016: Blog post about nuclear power stations.
- 13 June 2016: Second blog post about roundabouts.
- 8 July 2016: Screenshot of the in-game rendering of the windmill near Les Trois-Moutiers, presented alongside a picture taken during 2016 Tour de France.
- 28 July 2016: Blog post about La Rochelle, which is the first post entirely about a new settlement.
- 31 August 2016: Screenshots of French bridges in the newly-rendered areas.
- 7 October 2016: Blog post about rework of Paris, including a map screenshot.
- 10 November 2016: 1.26 Open Beta started (rework of core map France).
- 25 November 2016: A map of the new cities and roads has been published.
- 28 November 2016: Release date announced.
- 29 November 2016: 1.26 released (rework of core map France).
- 2 December 2016: First Vive la France! Community Videos.
- 5 December 2016: Vive la France! DLC is released.
- 5 March 2019: SCS employee Carthoo posts a teaser image on the SCS forum, showing Corsica.
In mid-October 2016, the Steam Achievements list of ETS 2 is updated to include 5 new achievements related to the new DLC.
A trial version of the DLC was put up for demonstration in Poznań Game Arena 2016. In the associated blog post, SCS claimed that it would probably be "6 to 10 weeks" before the DLC would be ready for release, and anticipated the release at some time "ahead of" or "a couple of weeks (after)" Christmas 2016.
The DLC includes 15 new cities in France, bringing the total to 23:
|Name||First Mentioned on|
|Bordeaux||25 November 2016|
|Bourges||31 August 2016|
|Brest||31 August 2016|
|Clermont-Ferrand||25 November 2016|
|La Rochelle||28 July 2016|
|Le Havre||31 August 2016|
|Le Mans||25 November 2016|
|Limoges||25 November 2016|
|Marseille||25 November 2016|
|Montpellier||25 November 2016|
|Nantes||10 November 2016|
|Nice||25 November 2016|
|Rennes||13 June 2016|
|Roscoff||25 November 2016|
|Toulouse||25 November 2016|
In the DLC, there are a lot of small villages on the minor roads. See the complete list here.
In addition, SCS re-worked the parts of France already present in the ETS 2 base game, including a "total overhaul of [the] Paris region". SCS had suggested that changes to the existing areas would be entirely visible to truckers not having the DLC loaded.
The DLC also features new industries. The following companies are directly mentioned or have their brand icons shown in materials released by SCS:
|Name||Type||First Mentioned on/in|
|Bâtisse||Company||7 October 2016|
|BHB La Raffinerie||Chemical Company||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Boisserie Jean-Pierre||Company||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Chimi||Company||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Dans le Jardin||Agricultural Company||26 November 2016|
|Éco||Gas station||11 March 2016|
|FLE||Company||7 October 2016|
|Gallia Ferries||Ferries||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Globeur||Company||7 October 2016|
|Gomme du Monde||Company||26 November 2016|
|Huilant||Company||26 November 2016|
|Lisette Logistics||Company||10 November 2016|
|Marina||Marina||28 July 2016|
|MVM Carrière||Company||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Nos Pâturages||Farming Company||26 November 2016|
|Nucleon||Nuclear power station||10 May 2016|
|Port de Conteneur||Port||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Subse||Company||Beta of ETS2 v1.26|
|Voitureux||Company||26 November 2016|
|Wilnet Transport||Company||7 October 2016|
Paint Jobs Edit
The Paint Job Dancing in Paris is given to the player once they purchase the Vive la France! DLC.
- Main article: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Achievements
On Steam there already are 5 achievements requiring this DLC.
|Bon Voyage!||Discover all French cities|
|Landmark Tour||Discover following landmarks of France: Carcassonne, Brotonne bridge, Tiger tank, Peyrat-le-Château, Château de Ventadour, Château d'Ussé|
|Go Nuclear!||Deliver cargo to five nuclear plants in France|
|Check-in, Check-out||Deliver cargo to all cargo airport terminals in France|
|Gas must flow!||Deliver diesel, LPG or petrol to all truck stops in France|
- ↑ SCS Software, Truck Licensing Situation Update, 2016-01-25 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 SCS Software, Vive la France!, 2016-02-18 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 SCS Software, France Sneak Peek, 2016-03-11 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ SCS Software, Expanding Road Infrastructure, 2016-04-17 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 SCS Software, New types of industries in France, 2016-05-10 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 SCS Software, Cool roundabouts in France, 2016-06-13 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ SCS Software, Vive la (Tour de) France, 2016-07-08 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 SCS Software, Images from La Rochelle, 2016-07-28 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 SCS Software, French bridges, 2016-08-31 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 10.6 SCS Software, The lights of Paris are on the horizon, 2016-10-07 (accessed 2016-10-21)
- ↑ SCS Software, Open Beta for ETS 2 Update 1.26, 2016-11-10 (accessed 2018-10-14)
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 12.6 12.7 12.8 12.9 SCS Software, The Roads of Vive La France !, 2016-11-25 (accessed 2016-11-25)
- ↑ SCS Software, Vive La France ! Map Expansion Next Week, 2016-11-28 (accessed 2018-10-14)
- ↑ SCS Software, ETS2 Update 1.26 Is Now Live!, 2016-11-29 (accessed 2018-10-14)
- ↑ SCS Software, First Vive la France ! Community Videos, 2016-12-02 (accessed 2018-10-14)
- ↑ SCS Software, "Vive la France !" Available Now!, 2016-12-05 (accessed 2018-10-14)
- ↑ https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=1104579#p1104579
- ↑ SCS Software, SCS on the Road: PGA 2016, 2016-10-27 (accessed 2016-10-27)
See also Edit
|DLCs for Euro Truck Simulator 2|
|Map Expansions||Going East! - Scandinavia - Vive la France! - Italia - Beyond the Baltic Sea - Road to the Black Sea (upcoming)|
|Trailer / Cargo Packs||High Power Cargo Pack - Schwarzmüller Trailer Pack - Heavy Cargo Pack - Special Transport DLC - Krone Trailer Pack|
|Tuning Packs||Cabin Accessories - Wheel Tuning Pack - Mighty Griffin Tuning Pack - National Window Flags - Dragon Truck Design Pack - Michelin Fan Pack - Raven Truck Design Pack - DAF Tuning Pack - Goodyear Tyres Pack|
|Paint Job Packs||Countries: Australian - Austrian - Belgian - Brazilian - Canadian - Chinese - Czech - Danish - Dutch - Estonian - Finnish - French - German - Hungarian - Irish - Italian - Japanese - Latvian - Lithuanian - Norwegian - Polish - Portuguese - Romanian - Russian - Scottish - Slovak - South Korean - Spanish - Swedish - Swiss - Turkish - UK - USA|