It is the second map expansion that adds 3 countries (after Scandinavia), the third that expands the map eastwards (after Going East and Beyond the Baltic Sea), the second that features "Sea" in the expansion name & the second that features a transcontinental country (in both after B. Baltic Sea). It is currently the largest map expansion in the game surpassing Beyond the Baltic Sea and will be surpassed by Iberia in 2020.
Release History[edit | edit source]
SCS Software first hinted about the DLC in a mysterious teaser video posted on 18 March 2019. After that, SCS released information about the DLC in their blog:
- Before June 2018: Research and pre-production on this map expansion started.
- 23 June 2018: In a live stream, it is revealed that the map DLC after Beyond the Baltic Sea will not include Spain or Portugal.
- 29 November 2018: During the Beyond the Baltic Sea release stream, it is revealed that the next DLC will be in southern Europe. Combining this with previous information, only the Balkans are left as a possible area.
- 21 December 2018: SCS gives a hint to the next ETS2 DLC in their Christmas stream by first showing a plush bat (related to Romania) and then three images: one depicting the city of Veliko Tarnovo in Bulgaria, a photo of the Transfăgărășan/DN7C road in Romania, and a photo of the Corvin Castle in Romania.
- 4 February 2019: During an ATS livestream, Pavel mentions that the next DLC for ETS2 is not connected to the base map of that game, possibly ruling out Slovenia and Croatia as part of the next DLC.
- 18 March 2019: A mysterious teaser video that includes Bulgarian bagpipe music was posted on SCS's YouTube channel and in their blog.
- 4 April 2019: Blog post which teases the next map expansion with screenshots.
- 10 May 2019: First official blog post about the map expansion with a few new screenshots + trailer and added to Steam Store.
- 24 May 2019: Blog post about Romania.
- 7 June 2019: Blog post about Bulgaria.
- 13 June 2019: Blog post about Turkey.
- 25 June 2019: Blog post about border crossings. This post reveals there will be two border crossings between Hungary & Romania, three between Romania & Bulgaria and two between Bulgaria & Turkey.
- 9 July 2019: Blog post about villages.
- 25 July 2019: Blog post about landscapes.
- 9 August 2019: Blog post about industries.
- 23 August 2019: Blog post about Romanian cities.
- 6 September 2019: Blog post about Bulgarian cities.
- 18 September 2019: Blog post about Turkish cities.
- 4 October 2019: Blog post about landmarks.
- 15 October 2019: 1.36 Open Beta added some locations in Romania.
- 17 October 2019: Blog post about servicing the cities.
- 23 October 2019: Steam achievements added.
- 6 November 2019: Blog post about river ferry in Brăila, Romania.
- 11 November 2019: SCS teased release day reveal in the comment section of their blog. A similar message was also given in the comment section of one of their Instagram posts.
- 19 November 2019: Blog post about the drive from Plovdiv to Istanbul.
- 22 November 2019: In the Bulgarian Paint Jobs blog post, SCS Software has said in the blog "an actual release date for the Road to the Black Sea DLC is coming soon."
- 26 November 2019: Blog post about trains and trams.
- 28 November 2019: Official release date announced.
- 2 December 2019: Blog post about the drive from Iasi to Targu.
- 5 December 2019: Road to the Black Sea DLC is released.
Cities[edit | edit source]
The DLC brings 30 new cities, 20 big and major cities and 10 small cities or towns. The capitals of the countries are marked in bold.
|City name||Country||Remarks||First mentioned|
|Bacău||Romania||15th largest city in Romania||6 November 2019|
|Brașov||Romania||7th largest city in Romania||SCS Livestream|
|București||Romania||Capital of Romania||23 August 2019|
|Burgas (Бургас)||Bulgaria||4th largest city in Bulgaria||10 May 2019|
|Călărași||Romania||32nd largest city in Romania||23 August 2019|
|Cernavodă||Romania||Power plant in Romania||10 May 2019|
|Cluj-Napoca||Romania||2nd largest city in Romania||1.36 Open Beta|
|Constanța||Romania||5th largest city in Romania||23 August 2019|
|Craiova||Romania||6th largest city in Romania||6 November 2019|
|Edirne||Turkey||45th largest city in Turkey||10 May 2019|
|Galați||Romania||8th largest city in Romania||17 October 2019|
|Hunedoara||Romania||36th largest city in Romania||1.36 Open Beta|
|Iași||Romania||4th largest city in Romania||SCS Livestream|
|İstanbul||Turkey||Largest city in Turkey and in Europe||10 May 2019|
|Karlovo (Карлово)||Bulgaria||39th largest city in Bulgaria||19 November 2019|
|Kozloduy (Козлодуй)||Bulgaria||Power plant in Bulgaria||6 September 2019|
|Mangalia||Romania||53rd largest city in Romania||6 November 2019|
|Pernik (Перник)||Bulgaria||11th largest city in Bulgaria||17 October 2019|
|Pirdop (Пирдоп)||Bulgaria||102nd largest city in Bulgaria||SCS Livestream|
|Pitești||Romania||13rd largest city in Romania||SCS Livestream|
|Pleven (Плевен)||Bulgaria||7th largest city in Bulgaria||6 September 2019|
|Plovdiv (Пловдив)||Bulgaria||2nd largest city in Bulgaria||7 June 2019|
|Reșița||Romania||30th largest city in Romania||6 November 2019|
|Ruse (Русе)||Bulgaria||5th largest city in Bulgaria||6 November 2019|
|Sofia (София)||Bulgaria||Capital of Bulgaria||17 October 2019|
|Târgu Mureș||Romania||16th largest city in Romania||1.36 Open Beta|
|Tekirdağ||Turkey||44th largest city in Turkey||10 May 2019|
|Timișoara||Romania||3rd largest city in Romania||25 July 2019|
|Varna (Варна)||Bulgaria||3rd largest city in Bulgaria||7 June 2019|
|Veliko Tarnovo (Велико Търново)||Bulgaria||16th largest city in Bulgaria||21 December 2018|
Industries[edit | edit source]
There are 24 companies known to be included in the Road to the Black Sea DLC:
|Balkan Loco||Railway Logistics|
|Dobra Ferma (Добра Ферма)||Farming|
|Log n Stick||Logistics|
|Ocean Solution Group||Boating|
|Rock Eater Quarry||Quarry|
|SCS Paper||Paper producing|
|Sporklift||Pallet Truck Manufacturer|
|Stomanena Roza (Стоманена Роза)||Steelworks|
|The Train Foundry||Locomotive manufacturer|
|Trade Market Istanbul||Logistics|
|TTK (Теодора Транспортна Компания)||Logistics|
There are also some of the already existing companies in the DLC. It is known that BHV, Cemeltex, CNP, Container Port, Domdepo, FLE, IKA Bohag, Kaarfor, Marina, NS Oil, Nucléon, Radus, Renat, Spinelli and Subse were featured.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Achievements
7 new Steam achievements have been added on October 23, 2019.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
SCS Blog[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- SCS Software, A Road to Somewhere New..., 2019-03-18 (accessed 2019-03-18)
- SCS Software Christmas Stream on Twitch
- SCS Software, ETS2 Teasing, 2019-04-04 (accessed 2019-04-04)
- SCS Software, Road to the Black Sea, 2019-05-10 (accessed 2019-05-10)
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Road to the Black Sea in Steam Store (accessed 2019-05-10)
- SCS Software, Black Sea: Romania, 2019-05-24 (accessed 2019-05-24)
- SCS Software, Black Sea: Bulgaria, 2019-06-07 (accessed 2019-06-07)
- SCS Software, Black Sea: Turkey, 2019-06-13 (accessed 2019-06-13)
- SCS Software, Road To The Black Sea: Border Crossings, 2019-06-25 (accessed 2019-06-25)
- SCS Software, Black Sea: Villages, 2019-07-09 (accessed 2019-07-09)
- SCS Software, Road To Black Sea: Landscapes, 2019-07-25 (accessed 2019-07-25)
- SCS Software, Black Sea: Industries, 2019-08-09 (accessed 2019-08-09)
- SCS Software, Road to the Black Sea: Romanian Cities, 2019-08-23 (accessed 2019-08-23)
- SCS Software, Road to the Black Sea: Bulgarian Cities, 2019-09-06 (accessed 2019-09-06)
- SCS Software, Road to the Black Sea: Turkish Cities, 2019-09-18 (accessed 2019-09-18)
- SCS Software, Road to the Black Sea: Landmarks, 2019-10-04 (accessed 2019-10-04)
- SCS Software, Road to the Black Sea: Servicing the cities, 2019-10-17 (accessed 2019-10-17)
- SteamDB, Euro Truck Simulator 2 Achievements, 2019-10-23 (accessed 2019-10-23)
- SCS Software, Road to The Black Sea: Brăila Ferry, 2019-11-06 (accessed 2019-11-06)
- SCS Software, Utah: Community Showcase, 2019-11-11 (accessed 2019-11-11)
- @scs.software Instagram post about Romania Livestream, also, screenshot of the comment. 2019-11-11 (accessed 2019-11-11)
- SCS Software, Road to the Black Sea: Plovdiv to Istanbul, 2019-11-19 (accessed 2019-11-19)
- SCS Software, Bulgarian Paint Jobs, 2019-11-22 (accessed 2019-11-22)
- SCS Software, Road to the Black Sea: Trains & Tram, 2019-11-26 (accessed 2019-11-26)
- SCS Software, Road To The Black Sea: Release Date Announcement, 2019-11-28 (accessed 2019-11-28)
- SCS Software, Road to the Black Sea: Iasi to Targu, 2019-12-02 (accessed 2019-12-02)
- SCS Software, Road to the Black Sea Release, 2019-12-05 (accessed 2019-12-05)
See also[edit | edit source]
|DLCs for Euro Truck Simulator 2|
|Map Expansions||Going East! - Scandinavia - Vive la France! - Italia - Beyond the Baltic Sea - Road to the Black Sea - Iberia (upcoming)|
|Trailer / Cargo Packs||High Power Cargo Pack - Schwarzmüller Trailer Pack - Heavy Cargo Pack - Special Transport DLC - Krone Trailer Pack|
|Tuning Packs||Cabin Accessories - Wheel Tuning Pack - Mighty Griffin Tuning Pack - National Window Flags - Dragon Truck Design Pack - Michelin Fan Pack - Raven Truck Design Pack - XF Tuning Pack - Goodyear Tyres Pack - Actros Tuning Pack - HS-Schoch Tuning Pack - FH Tuning Pack|
|Paint Job Packs||Countries: Australian - Austrian - Belgian - Brazilian - Bulgarian - Canadian - Chinese - Czech - Danish - Dutch - Estonian - Finnish - French - German - Hungarian - Irish - Italian - Japanese - Latvian - Lithuanian - Norwegian - Polish - Portuguese - Romanian - Russian - Scottish - Slovak - South Korean - Spanish - Swedish - Swiss - Turkish - UK - USA|