Euro Truck Simulator 2: Italia is a map DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2. It is the fourth of DLC involving map expansions, with the first three being Going East, Scandinavia and Vive la France! respectively. It was released on December 5, 2017.
Release History[edit | edit source]
SCS Software first hinted about the DLC in a mysterious teaser video posted on 4 August 2017. After that, SCS released information about the DLC in their blog:
- 4 August 2017: A mysterious teaser video is posted on SCS's YouTube channel and in their blog.
- 11 August 2017: First dedicated blog post about the DLC with some information and images and added to Steam Store.
- 8 September 2017: Blog post with information about the architecture + a few new screenshots of the DLC.
- 22 September 2017: Blog post about Italian landmarks and road network + a few new screenshots.
- 6 October 2017: Blog post showing Italian special industries with a few new screenshots.
- 16 October 2017: Steam achievements added.
- 25 October 2017: Blog post about rework of the core map.
- 16 November 2017: Update 1.30 Open Beta started (rework of core map Italy).
- 20 November 2017: Blog post about the island of Sicily.
- 24 November 2017: Italia DLC Promo Trailer.
- 29 November 2017: Release date announced.
- 1 December 2017: Update 1.30 released (rework of core map Italy).
- 5 December 2017: Italia DLC is released.
- 20 December 2018: SCS Community Manager Carthoo posts a teaser image on the SCS forum, showing Sardinia.
- 18 April 2019: Blog post about the island of Sardinia, revealing that it will be added in the update 1.35 as a free addition of the DLC.
- 14 May 2019: Update 1.35 Open Beta started (include Sardinia).
- 5 June 2019: Update 1.35 released (include Sardinia).
Cities[edit | edit source]
The DLC includes 22 new cities (19 cities in original release and 3 cities in the update 1.35) in Italy:
|Name||First Mentioned on|
|Ancona||Italia DLC Promo Trailer|
|Bari||Def Files 1.30|
|Bologna||1.30 road signs|
|Cagliari||18 April 2019|
|Cassino||11 August 2017|
|Catania||20 November 2017|
|Catanzaro||8 September 2017|
|Genova||22 September 2017|
|Livorno||22 September 2017|
|Messina||Def Files 1.30|
|Napoli||Def Files 1.30|
|Olbia||18 April 2019|
|Palermo||20 November 2017|
|Parma||1.30 road signs|
|Pescara||Def Files 1.30|
|Sassari||18 April 2019|
|Suzzara||1.30 road signs|
|Taranto||6 October 2017|
|Terni||Def Files 1.30|
|Villa San Giovanni||DLC Map|
Industries[edit | edit source]
The DLC also features a total of 26 new industries with some having large and very detailed depots/plants:
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Achievements
6 new Steam achievements for Italia DLC have been added on October 16, 2017 and one more new achievement has been added on April 30, 2019.
|Imperator||Discover all Italian cities|
|True Sicilian||Own a garage in every Sicilian city|
|Captain||Deliver cargo to all Italian shipyards|
|Mind the Lava||Visit Etna and Vesuvius volcanoes|
|Many Roads Lead to Rome||Enter Rome from all corridors that lead to it|
|Michelangelo||Complete a delivery from Carrara quarry|
|All Around the Blue Island||Discover all Sardinian cities|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
SCS Blog[edit | edit source]
Screenshots of the new areas of the Italia DLC[edit | edit source]
Screenshots of the rework of the core map[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- SCS Software, Unknown video footage, 2017-08-04 (accessed 2017-08-11)
- SCS Software, Bella Italia, 2017-08-11 (accessed 2017-08-11)
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Italia in Steam Store (accessed 2017-08-12)
- SCS Software, Italia: Architecture, 2017-09-08 (accessed 2017-09-22)
- SCS Software, Italia: Ring Roads, 2017-09-22 (accessed 2017-09-22)
- SCS Software, Italia: New Industries, 2017-10-06 (accessed 2017-10-06)
- SteamDB, Euro Truck Simulator 2 Achievements (accessed 2017-10-16)
- SCS Software, Italia: Core map enhancements, 2017-10-25 (accessed 2017-10-25)
- SCS Software, Euro Truck Simulator 2 Update 1.30 Open Beta, 2017-11-16 (accessed 2017-11-17)
- SCS Software, Sicily, 2017-11-20 (accessed 2017-11-20)
- SCS Software, Italia DLC Promo Trailer, 2017-11-24 (accessed 2017-11-24)
- SCS Software, ETS 2: Italia coming next week!, 2017-11-29 (accessed 2017-11-29)
- SCS Software, Euro Truck Simulator 2 Update 1.30, 2017-12-01 (accessed 2017-12-01)
- SCS Software, Benvenuto in Italia!, 2017-12-05 (accessed 2017-12-05)
- SCS Software, Sardinia, 2019-04-18 (accessed 2019-04-18)
- SCS Software, Euro Truck Simulator 2 Update 1.35 Open Beta, 2019-05-14 (accessed 2019-06-06)
- SCS Software, Euro Truck Simulator 2 Update 1.35, 2019-06-05 (accessed 2019-06-06)
- Italy map, Moh1336 in SCS Software Forum, 2017-12-02 (accessed 2017-12-02)
- Video by Oscar Lee, 2017-12-01 (accessed 2017-12-03)
- Video from Blue Dragon, 2017-12-01 (accessed 2017-12-02)
See also[edit | edit source]
|DLCs for Euro Truck Simulator 2|
|Map Expansions||Going East! - Scandinavia - Vive la France! - Italia - Beyond the Baltic Sea - Road to the Black Sea - Iberia (upcoming)|
|Trailer / Cargo Packs||High Power Cargo Pack - Schwarzmüller Trailer Pack - Heavy Cargo Pack - Special Transport DLC - Krone Trailer Pack|
|Tuning Packs||Cabin Accessories - Wheel Tuning Pack - Mighty Griffin Tuning Pack - National Window Flags - Dragon Truck Design Pack - Michelin Fan Pack - Raven Truck Design Pack - XF Tuning Pack - Goodyear Tyres Pack - Actros Tuning Pack - HS-Schoch Tuning Pack - FH Tuning Pack|
|Paint Job Packs||Countries: Australian - Austrian - Belgian - Brazilian - Bulgarian - Canadian - Chinese - Czech - Danish - Dutch - Estonian - Finnish - French - German - Hungarian - Irish - Italian - Japanese - Latvian - Lithuanian - Norwegian - Polish - Portuguese - Romanian - Russian - Scottish - Slovak - South Korean - Spanish - Swedish - Swiss - Turkish - UK - USA|