A new gameplay system is introduced in Euro Truck Simulator 2. The player is required to create a profile and choose a city as their headquarters.
Early in the game, the player must complete quick jobs to save up money and credit to afford a truck of their own.
As the player completes more jobs, the player earns skill points to invest in one of the six skills available; for example, allowing them to haul more valuable freight, or allowing them to take longer deliveries.
For people on Steam, various Achievements can be unlocked while playing.
The game includes many countries featured in previous titles. The map and simulated European roadway are more detailed than in previous games, and features more cities. New countries, such as Luxembourg and Slovakia are introduced.
The maps of Germany and the United Kingdom are derived from German Truck Simulator and UK Truck Simulator, respectively. These areas notably lack the quality of regions featured in more recent DLCs, such as the Scandinavia DLC and the Italia DLC. On May 23, 2018, SCS announced on their blog plans to rework parts of the old map, starting with northern Germany. Following the release of version 1.40 on March 24, 2021, Germany has now been fully reworked to modern standards. On August 1, 2021, SCS announced that they will plan to rework old parts of Austria, after rework of Germany.
- Most of Czech Republic
- Northeastern France
- Northern Italy
- Western Poland
- Bratislava in Slovakia
- United Kingdom
- Rest of France
- Rest of Italy
Heart of Russia (upcoming DLC)
- Another part of northwestern Russia
- Main article: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Trucks
There are seven truck brands available in the game:
Some of the trucks get licensed later than the rest, when the Going East! DLC came out.
- Main article: Downloadable Content#Euro Truck Simulator 2 DLC
There are numerous DLCs available for this game. Most of them are paint job packs, but six are map expansions, including new companies, new cargo and new cities. Others contain truck accessories and additional customizing options, or new trailers.
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Going East! (2013) expanded Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia, as well as introducing Hungary (east).
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Scandinavia (2015) introduced Denmark, Sweden and Norway into the game (north). Truck Parts orders are also available with Scandinavia DLC (Scania and Volvo).
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Vive la France! (2016) expanded the rest of France (west).
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Italia (2017) expanded the rest of Italy (south).
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Beyond the Baltic Sea (2018) introduced all Baltic states (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania), southern part of Finland and small parts of Russia including the iconic city of Saint Petersburg (northeast).
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Road to the Black Sea (2019) introduced Bulgaria, Romania and the European part of Turkey (Thrace) (southeast).
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Iberia (2021) introduced Spain and Portugal (southwest).
- Euro Truck Simulator 2: Heart of Russia (TBA) will add more parts of Russia including the capital city of Moscow and other big cities (further east).
- List of Cities in Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Wikipedia page for Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Official Site for the game
|SCS Software Trucking Games|
|Truck Simulator series||Euro Truck Simulator - German Truck Simulator - UK Truck Simulator - Euro Truck Simulator 2 - American Truck Simulator|
|18 Wheels of Steel series||Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel - Across America - Pedal to the Metal - Convoy - Haulin' - American Long Haul - Extreme Trucker - Extreme Trucker 2|
|Other games||Trucks & Trailers - Scania Truck Driving Simulator|