Euro Truck Simulator Edit
In Euro Truck Simulator, players must choose their "starting country". Once chosen, they can only access countries belonging to the same group as their choice (there's only one truck dealer in each group of countries). If players wish to expand their access to other countries, they must pay a fee (ranging from €30,000 to €52,000), and they can only expand to countries connected to those they already have access.
Another difference between countries is that the fuel price varies between countries.
List of featured countries Edit
|Country||Capital||No. of Cities|
|France||Paris||3 + 1 (port)|
|Switzerland||Bern (de facto)||1|
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Edit
With Euro Truck Simulator 2, Luxembourg and Slovakia were added to the game while Spain and Portugal were omitted, as well as a major part of France and Italy. The map, on the other hand, became more detailed, and new cities were added to most countries.
Six map expansions have been released for Euro Truck Simulator 2 which expand specific countries or add new ones:
- Going East!: Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia expanded, Hungary added
- Scandinavia: Denmark, Sweden and Norway added
- Vive la France!: France expanded
- Italia: Italy expanded
- Beyond the Baltic Sea: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, southern parts of Finland and small parts of Russia added
- Road to the Black Sea: Bulgaria, Romania, and the European part of Turkey (Thrace) added
- Iberia: Portugal and Spain will be added
The country restriction is removed in Euro Truck Simulator 2, meaning that a fee is no longer required to gain access to other countries. The fuel price differences, however, remain.
List of featured countries Edit
|Country||Capital||Expansion||No. of Cities|
|Bulgaria||Sofia||Road to the Black Sea||11|
|Czech Republic||Praha||2 + 1 (Going East)|
|Estonia||Tallinn||Beyond the Baltic Sea||6|
|France||Paris||8 + 21 (Vive la France!)|
|Finland||Helsinki||Beyond the Baltic Sea||10|
|Italy||Roma||4 + 22 (Italia)|
|Latvia||Rīga||Beyond the Baltic Sea||6|
|Lithuania||Vilnius||Beyond the Baltic Sea||7|
|Netherlands||Amsterdam||3 + 2 (ports)|
|Poland||Warszawa||3 + 8 (Going East)|
|Romania||București||Road to the Black Sea||16|
|Russia||Moscow (Not included)||Beyond the Baltic Sea||6|
|Slovakia||Bratislava||1 + 2 (Going East)|
|Switzerland||Bern (de facto)||3|
|Turkey||Ankara (Not included)||Road to the Black Sea||3|
|United Kingdom||London||18 + 2 (ports)|
- In Euro Truck Simulator 2, the Italian cities of Bologna, Ancona, Genova and Rome were originally planned to be included in the base game, but were omitted in the finished game due to time constraints.
- Some have claimed that Liechtenstein, a micro-country between Switzerland and Austria, is present in Euro Truck Simulator 2, in the form of an Austrian town next to the Swiss border.
- Liechtenstein does not have direct connection to either the Swiss A1 Autobahn or the Austrian A14 Autobahn. The Austrian town in the game may instead be Lustenau, which is also next to the Swiss border.
- From that very border crossing, a minor road is found to the south, and a small loop in the middle of it. It could be Liechtenstein's capital Vaduz, but further research is required.
See Also Edit
- States, the similar territory type in American Truck Simulator, but with all of them being in the same country (i.e. the United States)