"Welcome to Colorful Colorado, a state that has some of the best wildlands and mountain ranges in the United States. See a big metropolitan area of Denver on the edge of the Great Plains, travel across the beautiful Rocky Mountains and through deep canyons to see vast desert landscapes around Grand Junction."
Colorado is a state of the United States, which is featured in American Truck Simulator as a map expansion DLC and in the 18 Wheels of Steel series. It was released on November 12, 2020. It is the seventh map of DLC involving map expansions, but the sixth paid one.
The state is bordered by Wyoming to the north, Nebraska to the northeast, Kansas to the east, Oklahoma to the southeast, New Mexico to the south, Utah to the west, and touches Arizona to the southwest at the Four Corners.
- 1 DLC Features
- 2 Release History
- 3 Geography
- 4 Climate
- 5 Cities
- 6 New Companies
- 7 Roads
- 8 Achievements
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
- 11 See also
- Forget about the real world in vastness of the Great Plains
- Roam through the Rocky Mountains
- Haul cargo on the Million Dollar Highway
- Discover Colorado's important industries like agriculture and a gold mine (Jump to section)
- Deliver freight to and from the inside of a large cargo aircraft in Denver International Airport (Jump to section)
- Admire accurate representation of cities like Denver and Colorado Springs (Jump to section)
- Visit landmarks like the Four Corners Monument and get a bird's-eye view on it with the viewpoint feature (See Landmarks page)
- Unlock Colorado-specific Steam achievements (Jump to section)
- 10 October 2019: 1.36 Open Beta is released with files for Colorado, such as a state highway sign and a bridge support from the Glenwood Canyon on the I-70.
- 31 October 2019: SCS Community Manager Carthoo posts a teaser image on the SCS forum from Utah, emphasizing the specific Welcome Sign, which is only located on the Colorado border. This is later debunked as coincidental, and instead, a teaser for Utah's release date announcement hours later.
- 26 February 2020: 1.37 Open Beta added in def.scs references to dlc_colorado.
- 6 March 2020: A teaser video from Colorado appears on the blog.
- 26 March 2020: First official blog post confirmed Colorado will be the second state of 2020 with a few new screenshots  and added to Steam Store.
- 12 May 2020: Screenshots of the in-game renderings of a junction in the Ute Mountain Reservation (US 160 and US 491) and the Eisenhower Tunnel are shown in a blog post.
- 19 June 2020: 1.38 Open Beta added some new roads that lead towards Colorado.
- 2 July 2020: Blog post about industries.
- 28 July 2020: Blog post about the Great Plains.
- 20 August 2020: Blog post about Colorado's road network.
- 5 September 2020: Blog post about the Cripple Creek & Victor Gold Mine.
- 16 September 2020: Blog post about landmarks.
- 29 September 2020: Blog post about the Million Dollar Highway with gameplay preview.
- 6 October 2020: Steam achievements for Colorado are added to SteamDB.
- 12 October 2020: Blog post about Denver, the capital and largest city of Colorado.
- 20 October 2020: SCS shows a first preview of the Colorado DLC on their Twitch channel and Steam page.
- 23 October 2020: Blog post about nature.
- 1 November 2020: Blog post about Colorado Springs with gameplay preview.
- 3 November 2020: SCS shows a second preview of the Colorado DLC on their Twitch channel and Steam page.
- 6 November 2020: SCS announced the release date of the expansion.
- 12 November 2020: Colorado DLC is released.
Colorado is located in the Western region of the United States. It is bordered by Wyoming to the north, Nebraska to the northeast, Kansas to the east, Oklahoma to the southeast, New Mexico to the south, Utah to the west, and touches Arizona to the southwest at the Four Corners. The mean elevation of Colorado is higher than any other state in the country.
Geographically, the state can be divided into four regions: the Great Plains, the Rocky Mountains, the Colorado Plateau and the Intermontane Basin.
The Great Plains region is part of the Interior Plain of North America that runs from Canada in the north, through the United States, to Mexico in the south. The land is flat and dry, sloping gently upward from east to west to meet the Rocky Mountains.
The Colorado Rocky Mountains are part of the Rocky Mountain chain of ranges that stretches from Alaska to Mexico. Colorado supports the highest mountain peaks in this mountain chain, with 54 peaks reaching altitudes of over 14,000 feet above sea level and more than 1,000 peaks are over 10,000 feet high. The Great Continental Divide runs through the Colorado Rockies, the rivers and streams on the east side of the Divide flowing toward the Atlantic Ocean, and those on the west side flowing toward the Pacific.
The Colorado Plateau lies to the west of the Rocky Mountains, running along the border of Utah. The topography of this region is characterized by hills, deep valleys, plateaus, and flat topped mountains. It occupies 1/5 of the state.
The Intermontane Basin lies in the northwest corner of Colorado. This region, characterized by rolling forested hills, plateaus and plenty of sagebrush, is the smallest land area in Colorado.
Some of Colorado's landforms are the Eastern dry high plains, the hilly to mountainous central plateau, and the western Rocky Mountains of high ranges alternating with broad valleys and deep narrow canyons.
The climate of Colorado is complex and varies according to different regions in the state. Extreme weather is common in the state. The eastern Plains is semi-arid, with low humidity and moderate rainfall. This area is prone to droughts and most of the precipitation comes from thunderstorms. In the western plains and foothills of Colorado, the climate is semi-arid, which becomes an alpine climate at higher altitudes. The wettest season is winter, while June is the driest month in western Colorado. Some of the mountain regions of the state receive snowfall in winters.
There are 13 cities in the Colorado Map Expansion.
Cities which are also in the 18 Wheels of Steel games are marked with " * ".
Note: Denver is in italic lettering since it is the state capital of the state of Colorado.
|Denver *||Durango||Fort Collins|
Suburbs on this wiki are defined as separate cities in real life that are shown as part of larger cities in-game.
- Alamosa East (part of Alamosa)
- Aurora (part of Denver)
- Fruita (part of Grand Junction)
- Loveland (part of Fort Collins)
- Monte Vista (part of Alamosa)
Scenery towns on this wiki are defined as cities or communities that are unmarked on the map.
- Cheyenne Wells
- Estes Park
- Glenwood Springs
- Grand Lake
- Johnson Village
- Kit Carson
- La Junta
- Las Animas
- Pagosa Springs
- Poncha Springs
- Sheridan Lake
- Wild Horse
- Winter Park
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Companies
- Denver Air Cargo - Airport logistics
- NAMIQ - Mining and quarrying
- Ultimus - Airport logistics
- USBB - Food / beverages
- Vitas Power - Wind turbine manufacturer
There are three Interstate Highways in Colorado:
|Interstate 25||Interstate 70||Interstate 76|
New Mexico - Wyoming
Utah - Burlington (US 385)
Denver (I-70/US 6/US 40) - Julesburg (US 385)
There are 13 US Highways in Colorado:
|US 6||US 24||US 34||US 40||US 50|
Utah - Wiggins (I-76/US 34/SH 39/SH 52); Sterling
I-70/US 6 - Johnson Village (US 285); Divide (SH 67) - Colorado Springs (SH 21); Limon; Burlington
US 40 - Wiggins (I-70/US 6/SH 39/SH 52); Wray
Utah - Kit Carson (US 287); Cheyenne Wells
Utah - Granada (US 385)
|US 84||US 160||US 285||US 287||US 350|
Pagosa Springs (US 160) - New Mexico
New Mexico - US 350
Alamosa (US 160) - Denver (I-25/SH 30)
Lamar (US 50/US 385) - Denver (I-25/I-70/US 40); Fort Collins
US 160 - La Junta (US 50)
|US 385||US 491||US 550|
Lamar (US 50/US 287) - Julesburg (I-76)
New Mexico - Utah
New Mexico - Montrose (US 50)
There is one inaccessible US Highway in Colorado:
There are 16 Colorado State Highways:
There are seven inaccessible Colorado State Highways:
|SH 9||SH 10||SH 12||SH 15|
Fairplay (US 285)
Walsenburg (I-25/US 160)
Trinidad (US 160)
Monte Vista (US 160/US 285)
|SH 114||SH 149||SH 318|
Saguache (US 285)
Maybell (US 40)
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Achievements
|The Centennial State||Discover every city in Colorado|
|Million Dollar Highway||Drive along this famously scenic and thrilling section of the U.S. 550 in Colorado|
|Cruising High Below||Drive through the Eisenhower-Johnson Memorial Tunnel, the highest point on the US Interstate Highway System, in both directions|
|Energy From Above||Deliver a Tower and Nacelle to both Vitas Power wind turbine construction sites in Colorado|
|Gold Rush||Deliver 10 loads to or from the NAMIQ company at the gold mine in Colorado|
|Up and Away||Complete 10 deliveries to Denver Airport|
|Four Corners||Visit the famous Four Corners Monument that marks where the states of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah meet|
Screenshots of the new areas of the Colorado DLC
Screenshots of truck stops in Colorado
Screenshots of Cripple Creek & Victor Gold Mine
- SCS Software, SCS Forum, 2019-10-26 (accessed 2019-10-26)
- SCS Software, SCS Forum, 2019-10-31 (accessed 2019-10-31)
- SCS Software, SCS Forum, 2020-02-26 (accessed 2020-02-26)
- SCS Software, Guess Where We Are?, 2020-03-06 (accessed 2020-03-06)
- SCS Software, Introducing Colorado, 2020-03-26 (accessed 2020-03-26)
- American Truck Simulator: Colorado in Steam Store, 2020-03-26 (accessed 2020-03-26)
- SCS Software, Our Trip To Colorado, 2020-05-12 (accessed 2020-05-12)
- SCS Software, Colorado: New Industries, 2020-07-02 (accessed 2020-07-02)
- SCS Software, The Great Plains of Colorado, 2020-07-28 (accessed 2020-07-28)
- SCS Software, Colorado Road Network, 2020-08-20 (accessed 2020-08-20)
- SCS Software, Colorado: There's Gold In Them Thar Hills!, 2020-09-05 (accessed 2020-09-05)
- SCS Software, Colorado: Landmarks, 2020-09-16 (accessed 2020-09-16)
- SCS Software, Colorado: Million Dollar Highway, 2020-09-29 (accessed 2020-09-29)
- American Truck Simulator stats on SteamDB
- SCS Software, Colorado - Denver, 2020-10-12 (accessed 2020-10-12)
- SCS Software on Twitter, 2020-10-20 (accessed 2020-10-20)
- SCS Software, Colorado: Nature, 2020-10-23 (accessed 2020-10-23)
- SCS Software, Colorado Springs + Gameplay Video #2, 2020-11-01 (accessed 2020-11-01)
- SCS Software on Twitter, 2020-11-03 (accessed 2020-11-03)
- SCS Software, Colorado Release Date Annoucement, 2020-11-06 (accessed 2020-11-06)
- SCS Software, Colorado Release, 2020-11-12 (accessed 2020-11-12)
|The States of American Truck Simulator|
|Arizona - California - Colorado - Idaho - Nevada - New Mexico - Oregon - Texas - Utah - Washington - Wyoming|
|Cities||Alamosa - Burlington - Colorado Springs - Denver - Durango - Fort Collins - Grand Junction - Lamar - Montrose - Pueblo - Rangely - Steamboat Springs - Sterling
Scenery Towns: Bristol - Cheyenne Wells - Cortez - Craig - Dinosaur - Divide - Eads - Estes Park - Fairplay - Glenwood Springs - Granada - Grand Lake - Johnson Village - Julesburg - Kit Carson - La Junta - Las Animas - Limon - Loma - Maybell - Ouray - Pagosa Springs - Parkdale - Poncha Springs - Saguache - Sheridan Lake - Starkville - Trinidad - Walsenburg - Wiggins - Wild Horse - Winter Park - Wray
|Highways||Interstate 25 - Interstate 70 - Interstate 76|
US 6 - US 24 - US 34 - US 40 - US 50 - US 84 - US 160 - US 285 - US 287 - US 350 - US 385 - US 491 - US 550
SH 1 - SH 13 - SH 14 - SH 21 - SH 30 - SH 39 - SH 47 - SH 52 - SH 64 - SH 67 - SH 71 - SH 82 - SH 96 - SH 131 - SH 139 - SH 340
|DLCs for American Truck Simulator|
|Map Expansions||Arizona - New Mexico - Oregon - Washington - Utah - Idaho - Colorado - Wyoming - Texas (upcoming)|
|Trailer / Cargo Packs||Heavy Cargo Pack - Special Transport DLC - Forest Machinery - Volvo Construction Equipment DLC|
|Tuning Packs||Wheel Tuning Pack - Steering Creations Pack - Dragon Truck Design Pack - Cabin Accessories - Goodyear Tires Pack|
|Paint Job Packs||Christmas - Classic Stripes - Halloween - Pink Ribbon Charity - Space - Steampunk - Valentines|