"Arizona (Navajo: Hoozdo Hahoodzo) is the sixth largest and the 14th most populous of the 50 states. Southern Arizona is known for its desert climate, with very hot summers and mild winters. Northern Arizona features many pine forests, the Colorado Plateau, and some mountain ranges with much more moderate summer temperatures and significant winter snowfalls. "
Arizona is a state of the United States, which is featured in American Truck Simulator as a map expansion DLC and in the 18 Wheels of Steel series. It was released on June 6, 2016. It is the first map of DLC, but free.
The state is bordered by California and Nevada to the west, Utah to the north, New Mexico to the east, the Mexican states of Sonora and Baja California to the south and southwest and touches Colorado to the northeast at the Four Corners.
Just as its real-life world counterpart, the in-game Arizona features mainly desert terrain, continuing the theme from Nevada and Southern California. The map includes iconic locations such as the Historic Route 66 and the Grand Canyon.
DLC Features[edit | edit source]
- 16 new cities including the major ones: Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff (Jump to section)
- Famous Route 66 vistas and landmarks (See Landmarks page)
- Solid realistic road system
- Large flyover custom junctions
- Advanced AI vehicles behavior
- Enhanced road surfaces
- New companies plus 2 new company prefab variations (Jump to section)
- Grand Canyon and Colorado River sights
- Breathtaking colorful desert
- Arizona achievements to unlock! (Jump to section)
Release History[edit | edit source]
- 15 January 2016: Blog post about American Truck Simulator map DLC clarifications. There is also a map of California and Nevada, but Arizona can also be seen in the map.
- 1 March 2016: SCS teases Arizona in a blog post.
- 31 March 2016: More screenshots of Arizona are shown in a blog.
- 21 April 2016: Blog post about Grand Canyon Village and the Grand Canyon.
- 29 April 2016: Blog post about road network.
- 13 May 2016: Blog post about the Colorado River sightings.
- 26 May 2016: Update 1.3 beta is released + Arizona trailer released.
- 6 June 2016: Arizona DLC is released.
Cities[edit | edit source]
There are 16 cities in the Arizona Map Expansion.
Cities which are also in the 18 Wheels of Steel series are marked with " * ".
Note: Phoenix is in italic lettering since it is the state capital of the state of Arizona.
|Camp Verde||Clifton (1.32)||Ehrenberg|
|Flagstaff||Grand Canyon Village||Holbrook|
|Page||Phoenix *||San Simon|
|Show Low||Sierra Vista||Tucson|
Scenery Towns[edit | edit source]
Scenery towns on this wiki are defined as cities or communities that are unmarked on the map.
- Ash Fork
- Bitter Springs
- Colorado City
- Mexican Water
- St. Johns
- Teec Nos Pos
New Companies[edit | edit source]
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Companies
Roads[edit | edit source]
There are six Interstate Highways in Arizona:
|Interstate 8||Interstate 10||Interstate 15|
California - I-10
California - New Mexico
Nevada - Utah
|Interstate 17||Interstate 19||Interstate 40|
SR 85 (Phoenix) - I-40/SR 89 (Flagstaff)
Nogales - I-10 (Tucson)
California - New Mexico
There are 11 US Routes in Arizona:
|US 60||US 64||US 70||US 89|
US 93 (Wickenburg) - Loop 303; I-10/SR 51 (Phoenix) - New Mexico
US 160 (Teec Nos Pos) - New Mexico
Globe; US 191 - New Mexico
US 180 (Flagstaff) - Utah
|US 89A||US 93||US 95||US 160|
SR 389 (Fredonia) - Utah
US 60 (Wickenburg) - Nevada
Yuma - California
US 89 - US 64 (Teec Nos Pos)
|US 163||US 180||US 191|
US 160 (Kayenta) - Utah
SR 64 (Grand Canyon Village) - SR 77 (Holbrook); SR 61 (St. Johns) - US 60/US 191 (Springerville)
US 70 - Utah
There are 13 Arizona State Routes:
|SR 51||SR 61||SR 64||SR 66||SR 77|
US 180 (St. Johns) - US 191
US 180 (Valle) - US 89 (Cameron)
I-40 (Kingman) - I-40 (Seligman)
I-10 (Tucson) - I-40/US 180 (Holbrook)
|SR 85||SR 89||SR 90||SR 92||SR 98|
I-8 - I-17 (Phoenix)
SR 260 - I-40 (Ash Fork); Flagstaff
I-10 - SR 92 (Sierra Vista)
US 89 (Page) - US 160
|SR 260||Loop 303||SR 389|
SR 89 - Camp Verde; Show Low
I-10 - I-17 (Phoenix)
UT-59 (Colorado City) - US 89A (Fredonia)
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Achievements
|Copper State||Discover every city in Arizona|
Note: Visiting Clifton does not count because it was added in a later version.
|Sky Harbor||Deliver cargo to the Phoenix Airport|
|Start Your Engine!||Get on the start of the Truck Racing circuit|
|Powell's Trail||Visit the Colorado River sights|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Before 1.5[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- SCS Software, American Truck Simulator Map DLC Clarifications, 2016-01-15 (accessed 2019-02-21)
- SCS Software, Arizona Teasing, 2016-03-01 (accessed 2019-02-21)
- SCS Software, Game updates need more time in beta, 2016-03-31 (accessed 2019-02-21)
- SCS Software, The Grand Canyon State, 2016-04-21 (accessed 2019-02-21)
- SCS Software, Arizona road network, 2016-04-29 (accessed 2019-02-21)
- SCS Software, Arizona Panoramas, 2016-05-13 (accessed 2019-02-21)
- SCS Software, American Truck Simulator Update 1.3 going into Open Beta, 2016-05-26 (accessed 2019-02-21)
- SCS Software, American Truck Simulator - Arizona trailer, 2016-05-26 (accessed 2019-02-21)
- SCS Software, Arizona map expansion for American Truck Simulator released!, 2016-06-06 (accessed 2019-02-21)
See also[edit | edit source]
|The States of American Truck Simulator|
|Arizona - California - Colorado - Idaho - Nevada - New Mexico - Oregon - Utah - Washington|
|Cities||Camp Verde - Clifton - Ehrenberg - Flagstaff - Grand Canyon Village - Holbrook - Kayenta - Kingman - Nogales - Page - Phoenix - San Simon - Show Low - Sierra Vista - Tucson - Yuma
Scenery Towns: Ash Fork - Bitter Springs - Cameron - Colorado City - Dateland - Fredonia - Globe - Mexican Water - Morenci - Pinetop–Lakeside - Quartzsite - Sanders - Seligman - Springerville - St. Johns - Teec Nos Pos - Valle - Wickenburg
|Highways||Interstate 8 - Interstate 10 - Interstate 15 - Interstate 17 - Interstate 19 - Interstate 40|
US 60 - US 64 - US 70 - US 89 - US 89A - US 93 - US 95 - US 160 - US 163 - US 180 - US 191
AZ 51 - AZ 61 - AZ 64 - AZ 66 - AZ 77 - AZ 85 - AZ 89 - AZ 90 - AZ 92 - AZ 98 - AZ 260 - AZ 303 - AZ 389
|DLCs for American Truck Simulator|
|Map Expansions||Arizona - New Mexico - Oregon - Washington - Utah - Idaho - Colorado (upcoming)|
|Trailer / Cargo Packs||Heavy Cargo Pack - Special Transport DLC - Forest Machinery|
|Tuning Packs||Wheel Tuning Pack - Steering Creations Pack - Dragon Truck Design Pack|
|Paint Job Packs||Christmas - Classic Stripes - Halloween - Pink Ribbon Charity - Space - Steampunk - Valentines|