Before you start your career as a ground logistics manager, you will first have to create your profile. You will choose your avatar, your name, your preferred truck, and your company logo. You will then choose your difficulty level (The higher, the more realistic).
Before you start your multi-million dollar logistics company, you will first have to complete quick jobs for other people. You will have to earn at least 100 thousand dollars before buying your first truck.
As the player completes jobs and levels up, they will unlock Skills. skills can be used to upgrade fuel efficiency and long distance cargoes as well as unlocking hazardous, fragile and important deliveries.
A feature that has been unique in ATS is that truckers have to choose where to unload the cargo they are hauling when they reach the destination depot. This function has been introduced later to ETS2, too. A "desired spot" (which gives out more XP but harder to park) and a "safe spot" (easier to park but less XP) are usually available at every depot. Alternatively, the trucker can skip parking with the price of forfeiting all parking XPs.
States and Cities Edit
Although American Truck Simulator only features 8 states out of a possible 50 (though it is a bit unlikely that the entire US map will be finished anytime soon) at this time, all states are immense in detail and design and feature large cities for you to explore. It takes about 1 hour in real time to travel from Salt Lake City, UT to San Francisco, CA in game, meaning it will be a very large game once the entire map is finished.
The base game came with the state of California and Nevada upon release, with a total of 32 cities. Arizona was released four months later as a free DLC, consisting of 15 cities. The newest DLC, released on July 16, 2020, added the state of Idaho with 11 cities. In total, there are currently 113 cities implemented.
State capital cities are in bold lettering.
Arizona: Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma
California: Bakersfield, Fresno, Los Angeles, Redding, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Diego
Idaho: Boise, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Falls, Salmon, Twin Falls
Nevada: Carson City, Elko, Las Vegas, Reno
New Mexico: Albuquerque, Farmington, Las Cruces, Roswell, Santa Fe
Oregon: Bend, Eugene, Medford, Portland, Salem, Ontario
Utah: Moab, Price, Salt Lake City, St. George, Vernal
Washington: Kennewick, Olympia, Seattle, Spokane, Wenatchee
- Main article: American Truck Simulator Trucks
There are five truck brands available in the game:
Mack Trucks ()
- Main article: Downloadable Content#American Truck Simulator DLC
American Truck Simulator - Arizona
- This adds the state of Arizona to the game. This DLC is free and can be downloaded immediately upon purchase of the base game.
American Truck Simulator - New Mexico
- This adds the state of New Mexico to the game. The DLC costs $11.99 / £8.99 / €11,99.
American Truck Simulator - Oregon
- This adds the state of Oregon to the game. The DLC costs $11.99 / £8.99 / €11,99.
American Truck Simulator - Washington
- This adds the state of Washington to the game. The DLC costs $11.99 / £8.99 / €11,99.
American Truck Simulator - Utah
- This adds the state of Utah to the game. The DLC costs $11.99 / £8.99 / €11,99.
American Truck Simulator - Idaho
- This adds the state of Idaho to the game. The DLC costs $11.99 / £8.99 / €11,99.
American Truck Simulator - Colorado
- This adds the state of Colorado to the game. This DLC has yet to be released.
American Truck Simulator - Wheel Tuning Pack
- This gives more options to customize nuts, discs, hubs, and hub covers.
American Truck Simulator - Steering Creations Pack
- This adds 20 unique alternate designs of steering wheels from Steering Creations, Inc.
American Truck Simulator - Heavy Cargo Pack
- This adds new jobs with cargo that are much heavier and larger than those on regular jobs, ranging from large cable reels to mobile cranes. It also features new non-standard trailers with complex multi-joint articulation, jeeps and boosters.
American Truck Simulator - Special Transport
- This adds new jobs with heavy over-sized loads that require truckers to follow special driving rules such as no stopping at gas stations and following escort vehicles. The DLC was released on November 7, 2018.
American Truck Simulator - Forest Machinery
- This adds trailers and other specialized attachments and accessories based around, mainly, the woodworking state territories. It adds log machinery, grinder trailers, headache racks, and more. This DLC was released on June 11, 2019 along with the Washington state DLC.
American Truck Simulator - Space Paint Job Pack
- This adds three new paint jobs to your truck and three astronaut themed items to your cab. This DLC was released July 15, 2019 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 and the 60th anniversary of NASA. Previously it was an ETS only DLC.
American Truck Simulator - Pink Ribbon Charity Pack
- This adds a pink ribbon paint job to your truck and adds a pink ribbon mirror ornament to your cab. This was released on October 1, 2019 to start Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the SCS World of Trucks Charity Drive.
- On release, the scale of the ATS map was 1:35. In version 1.5, it was changed to 1:20 (1.75x larger) to match the scale used in Euro Truck Simulator 2.
See also Edit
- List of Cities in American Truck Simulator
- Highways in the United States
- Wikipedia page for American Truck Simulator
- Official Site for the game
|SCS Software Trucking Games|
|Truck Simulator series||Euro Truck Simulator - German Truck Simulator - UK Truck Simulator - Euro Truck Simulator 2 - American Truck Simulator|
|18 Wheels of Steel series||Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel - Across America - Pedal to the Metal - Convoy - Haulin' - American Long Haul - Extreme Trucker - Extreme Trucker 2|
|Other games||Trucks & Trailers - Scania Truck Driving Simulator|