"Heed the call of the open road, throw the gears in motion and take off in a tractor trailer. Drive faster than your competition, haul your cargo across the entire United States and feel the wind in your face as you control your own destiny. Blast the horn and build a career in the fast-paced world of trucking."
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The gameplay of 18 Wheels of Steel: Across America is similar to most other installments of 18 Wheels of Steel. The main goal is to deliver cargoes around the United States, to earn money, to gather prestige, and to beat opponents. The game has several scenarios:
- Become a Millionaire: To win you have to be the first one who earns $1.000.000.
- Free Mode: There are no specific goals in this mode.
- New York Cargo Madness: In this scenario you have to deliver the special cargo (can be found in Los Angeles, San Francisco or Seattle) to New York City in time.
- The Devil of the Western Coast: This scenario requires you to deliver the special cargo from Seattle to Los Angeles as fast as possible.
- The Longest Journey: The goal of this scenario is to deliver cargo on the longest possible route from Miami to Seattle.
Map[edit | edit source]
- Main article: List of Cities in 18 Wheels of Steel
The map includes 20 cities in 48 states of the U.S. (in some states are only roads).
Trucks[edit | edit source]
- Main article: 18 Wheels of Steel: Across America Trucks
There are eight different truck manufacturers with 15 models in the game.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
|SCS Software Trucking Games|
|Truck Simulator series||Euro Truck Simulator - German Truck Simulator - UK Truck Simulator - Euro Truck Simulator 2 - American Truck Simulator|
|18 Wheels of Steel series||Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel - Across America - Pedal to the Metal - Convoy - Haulin' - American Long Haul - Extreme Trucker - Extreme Trucker 2|
|Other games||Trucks & Trailers - Scania Truck Driving Simulator|